d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > The Compound Room > Videos, Discussion, Etc.
Prev1679680681682683696Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 361.00
Mar 8 2020 06:49pm
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ Mar 9 2020 08:46am)
Thanks man, pretty excited. Starting my build next week for my gym too.

Got a Titan power rack, Titan pulley system, 620 in York plates, TPS DL bar, Transformer bar, TPS Power bar and im shoping around now for a bench and a used DB set. Kinda thinking about getting the adjustable ones for now.

Always up for suggestions too.

super mirin

super super mirin. Building a home gym is such a fun hobby, the buying, assembling, rearranging the set up to maximise space
Gold: 40.01
Mar 8 2020 09:23pm
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ Mar 8 2020 07:46pm)
Thanks man, pretty excited. Starting my build next week for my gym too.

Got a Titan power rack, Titan pulley system, 620 in York plates, TPS DL bar, Transformer bar, TPS Power bar and im shoping around now for a bench, used db set and maybe a GHR/Reverse hyper. Kinda thinking about getting the adjustable ones for now.

Always up for suggestions too.

I lift at a commercial gym and am fat very dyel and live in an apartment. I cannot help. Although, I’ve always wanted to use a SSB and the transformer is even danker, so good pick.
Gold: 0.00
Mar 10 2020 08:03am
Quote (Excusemem8 @ Mar 8 2020 08:49pm)
super mirin

super super mirin. Building a home gym is such a fun hobby, the buying, assembling, rearranging the set up to maximise space

Thanks man, i'm pretty excited about getting it all put together.

I almost pulled the trigger on a collegiate elite FTS rack, but really who gives a fuck? I'm 100% sure that a Titan rack will last me my entire lifting life... And I get to spend more money on other cool shit like plates and bars.

Also, any opinions on benches? I kinda want to get a Thompson fat pad or an Elite FTS adjustable... But I know theres a million other companies out there.

Mar 10 2020 09:01am
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ Mar 10 2020 09:03am)

I almost pulled the trigger on a collegiate elite FTS rack, but really who gives a fuck? I'm 100% sure that a Titan rack will last me my entire lifting life... And I get to spend more money on other cool shit like plates and bars.

Also, any opinions on benches? I kinda want to get a Thompson fat pad or an Elite FTS adjustable... But I know theres a million other companies out there.

Shoot man, I just want to buy a HOUSE lol.

I’ve never lifted on a fat pad. I’m a fan of Elite FTS and their lifters, but honestly the FTS Collegiate vs Rogue Ab 2 adjustable is a no brainer. A lot more angles available on the rogue for $15 more. The only thing I would say is the Rogue is pop-pin design, so it *could* become wobbly over time. $800 for a bench, I’m definitely trying them out in person before I buy lol.
Mar 10 2020 09:04am
Quote (ug_warrior(xtc) @ Mar 10 2020 11:01am)
Shoot man, I just want to buy a HOUSE lol.

I’ve never lifted on a fat pad. I’m a fan of Elite FTS and their lifters, but honestly the FTS Collegiate vs Rogue Ab 2 adjustable is a no brainer. A lot more angles available on the rogue for $15 more. The only thing I would say is the Rogue is pop-pin design, so it *could* become wobbly over time. $800 for a bench, I’m definitely trying them out in person before I buy lol.

Ya, I was lifting at a pretty nice strongman gym that had a few fat pads and I fell in love with them..

And that price difference is huge, but Elite FTS is just a cut above the rest in my personal opinion.. There's a reason why their shit is so damn expensive, but again i'm not building a commercial gym so who gives a fuck? As long as my bars have knurlings and my weights aren't bumper plates.
Mar 10 2020 07:24pm
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ Mar 10 2020 10:03pm)

Specifically which Titan rack?

It may seem trivial before but having a rack that has plate storage attached is so convenient. Not only does it save you buying a separate weight tree, (or if you have one you can have it closer to your bench for example), it also weighs down your rack making it more stable, and obviously having easy access to your plates

As you mentioned i would def get a SSB bar

As for bench im a bit biased and think having an incline option is super overated and really expensive. Id go for a nice solid 1 piece construction flat bench, with comp spec. Dont get a skinny ass one. No opinion on the thomson fat pad as ive never used but seen pics
Mar 10 2020 10:09pm
Quote (Excusemem8 @ Mar 10 2020 08:24pm)
Specifically which Titan rack?

It may seem trivial before but having a rack that has plate storage attached is so convenient. Not only does it save you buying a separate weight tree, (or if you have one you can have it closer to your bench for example), it also weighs down your rack making it more stable, and obviously having easy access to your plates

As you mentioned i would def get a SSB bar

As for bench im a bit biased and think having an incline option is super overated and really expensive. Id go for a nice solid 1 piece construction flat bench, with comp spec. Dont get a skinny ass one. No opinion on the thomson fat pad as ive never used but seen pics

He’s getting the Kabuki Transformer. If you haven’t seen it check it out, thing is wild.
Mar 10 2020 10:50pm
Quote (ug_warrior(xtc) @ Mar 11 2020 12:09pm)
He’s getting the Kabuki Transformer. If you haven’t seen it check it out, thing is wild.

Ohhh adjustable sides to change it to more of a front squat or back squat option. litty
Mar 11 2020 05:58am
Quote (Excusemem8 @ Mar 10 2020 11:50pm)
Ohhh adjustable sides to change it to more of a front squat or back squat option. litty

Looks sick I wanna try one. I haven’t ever used an SSB. The guy at my gym who has one is a dweeb and won’t let anyone use it.
Mar 11 2020 07:47am
Quote (ug_warrior(xtc) @ Mar 11 2020 07:58am)
Looks sick I wanna try one. I haven’t ever used an SSB. The guy at my gym who has one is a dweeb and won’t let anyone use it.

A guy that brings his own bar to the gym is a dumb dumb anyways.

Y’all can fly to VA any time you want, I’ve got a guest suite right next to the gym
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1679680681682683696Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll