d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Other Games > Role Playing Games > What Rpg Are You Playing Right Now?
Prev123471Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jan 13 2012 11:20pm
FFXIII on xbox360 >.<"
I bought like the limited edition xbox lol 250gigs with the game/codes/the special hard drive, so sick rofl..
Gold: 461.74
Jan 14 2012 02:01am
how do you like FFXIII so far? i always see it for cheap now days for xbox an ps3, was thinking of getting it since the character on the cover is a girl this time.
unlike the ugly gross fag on the cover of FFXII.

I forgot im also playing this one:

Whats your position on zelda games? are they rpg's or not?
Im told that phantom hourglass is the sequel to this game, which i played first an beat already.
guess i should of done this one first. I forgot on phantom hourglass i didnt like the sailing bits too much
which windwaker is like phantom hourglass with the sailing.
Gold: 40.01
Jan 22 2012 11:36am
I just beat YS 3: Oath in Falghana for the PSP I'm going to be playing the first 3 YS games on the NES soon, I'm also working on finishing FF1 on my NES finally as well, now that I've finally replaced the save battery.
Gold: 280.29
Jan 22 2012 11:51am
Quote (Andross1 @ Jan 12 2012 01:31pm)
Figured since there's one for both songs and movies, why not have one for role-playing games?

I'll start this off with Star Ocean 2: The Second Story -->

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/71/Star_Ocean_Second_Story.jpg/256px-Star_Ocean_Second_Story.jpg

This guy is helping me get star ocean. Then imma start playing that :P
Gold: 461.74
Jan 22 2012 07:18pm
hey im playing this one now u guys:

any u dirty cocksuckers playin? :lol: jk u guys, ehe.

so far i think its abit fun, but i dont like all the npc chatter. most of what there saying is boring.
Jan 22 2012 07:25pm
Quote (RottenJr @ Jan 22 2012 06:18pm)
hey im playing this one now u guys:
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1816/theelderscrollsvskyrimxl.jpg
any u dirty cocksuckers playin?  :lol: jk u guys, ehe.

so far i think its abit fun, but i dont like all the npc chatter. most of what there saying is boring.

Safe to say most of us have a Skyrim file going. The NPC chatter makes the game hilarious and adds depth in my opinion. Without it things would be far too dull, much more bland than everyone is already accusing it of being. It's inevitable that the inhabitants of Skyrim have things to say, I'd say NPCs in every video game project what's on their mind and if they didn't there wouldn't be much of a game to play.
Gold: 5.00
Jan 23 2012 03:18am
Started a new file on:

Freakin love this game, still think it's the best game I've played in the last 5-6 years easily.
Jan 26 2012 09:59am
Quote (Lublar @ Jan 23 2012 02:18am)
Started a new file on:

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/4592/heavyrainusart.jpg

Freakin love this game, still think it's the best game I've played in the last 5-6 years easily.

I was really intrigued when it first came out, but I'll need to look it up to refresh my memory. Saying it's the best game you've played in 5-6 years is a very bold statement, so I'm fully committed to purchasing it at some point and trying it out.
Gold: 5.00
Jan 27 2012 12:49am
Quote (Andross1 @ Jan 26 2012 09:59am)
I was really intrigued when it first came out, but I'll need to look it up to refresh my memory. Saying it's the best game you've played in 5-6 years is a very bold statement, so I'm fully committed to purchasing it at some point and trying it out.

As of right now, I'd put it in my top 5 games of all time.

But, it's kind of a mixed bag when it comes to gamers. It gets a lot of crap because it's not a "game", which is BS. Most haters always like to stress that. It really is more of just an interactive drama simulation, but that's fine by me. IMO it's not too much different than old school adventure games, and those never really got tons of hate. Also, it's not a terribly long game by gaming standards, probably around 10 hours depending on circumstances or w/e, I probably beat it in like 11 hours(though the game doesn't keep track of play time so I really don't know). However, there are like 17 different endings, so replay value kind of cancels that out. Another thing people try to say(which I don't fully understand), is that there are plot holes. Which makes no sense to me, there is only one part of the story that I thought didn't make sense, but it wasn't a huge deal in my opinion. I think with basic reasoning I can think of a few ways around it.. I'll keep my opinion on that nameless since it is somewhat spoiler related and you sound like you'll play the game lol. Also, there are some minor funny parts in the voice acting, overall the acting is pretty awesome in my opinion though, but people do always like to nitpick that.

Anyways, what I think makes the game so great is how the game has really captured human emotion, and it has really really nailed suspense. The first play through is just like omg, I don't wanna put this game down. I just really wanted to find out how the game was going to end, it wasn't obvious. I wanted to know who the killer was so bad lol. Let me put it this way, if this game was a movie, it would have won the academy award for best picture. The game just has personality and charm, and it makes you care about the characters. They are all interesting and engaging, and the atmosphere and mood of the game is awesome. Also, if you play games with friends, watching a friend do a playthrough for the first time is fun as well. After I beat the game my first time, I watched my friend complete a playthrough of the game, it was pretty interesting because his story turned out pretty differently than mine because of the circumstances.

/endrant

Gold: 206.76
Jan 27 2012 04:00pm
i loved the original diablo, a bit confusing when you first start but to me it was unbelievably addicting. but i'm gonna have to say Final Fantasy VII. i easily have over 1,000 hours total on that game, and over 10 games played all the way through with all mastered materia and maxed out characters and gold chocobos, with the Weapons all defeated. i'm not tryna brag, but that was my game ^_^
Go Back To Role Playing Games Topic List
Prev123471Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll