d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > Official Philadelphia Flyers Fan Thread > Go Flyers
Prev1338339340
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 11,565.01
Jan 9 2024 12:12am
Quote (jackzors @ Jan 8 2024 11:47pm)
good riddance gauthier

jonesy and briere said this has been an ongoing saga, not an overnight thing.
made the deal while his value was at his highest, and it makes sense coming off the wjc.

he didn't want to be here, doesn't sound like too many people within the org are too bent out of shape about it. torts said it best, we don't want you. sanheim relayed the same type message.

i know absolutely nothing about the kid from Anaheim. right handed d man. 6th overall pick in 2020. plus a 2nd.

as for this season, it has been enjoyable to say the least(minus tonight).
torts has these guys playing hard. both goalies have been good, tk been good. glad to see tippett playing well also.

after the world championship they found out about it so its been quite a while
drysdale sounds like a decent 2 way d man they think they can fine tune into a top pairing guy hes been averaging 21 mins for the ducks and over 138 games or whatever career hes at like 19 mins average
torts said hes getting powerplay time right away so hopefully he can get that going a bit better

i like this trade the potential to seriously win this deal is there adding an nhl player that fits the core in drysdale and then the bonus 2nd that could be another carter hart or something
it also leaves the option to deal somebody like walker and not go into full on tank mode by leaving a gaping hole in your defense and saying fuck you to the guys if they are in the mix for playoffs come deadline

This post was edited by dragoneth on Jan 9 2024 12:21am
Gold: 5,697.50
Jan 9 2024 12:17am
Quote (jackzors @ 8 Jan 2024 20:47)
good riddance gauthier

jonesy and briere said this has been an ongoing saga, not an overnight thing.
made the deal while his value was at his highest, and it makes sense coming off the wjc.

he didn't want to be here, doesn't sound like too many people within the org are too bent out of shape about it. torts said it best, we don't want you. sanheim relayed the same type message.

i know absolutely nothing about the kid from Anaheim. right handed d man. 6th overall pick in 2020. plus a 2nd.

as for this season, it has been enjoyable to say the least(minus tonight).
torts has these guys playing hard. both goalies have been good, tk been good. glad to see tippett playing well also.

He's a puck moving dman, out of the logjam of young dmen in Anaheim, drys seemed the most reliable defensively. He just loves the IR too much
Gold: 4.00
Jan 9 2024 02:38am
Quitter Gauthier. Either a superstar in the making or total diva who'll scrape paychecks together in Europe 7 years from now.
Jan 9 2024 10:23am
Quote (Rocko @ 9 Jan 2024 00:38)
Quitter Gauthier. Either a superstar in the making or total diva who'll scrape paychecks together in Europe 7 years from now.

Fox 2.0
Gold: 2,647.74
Jan 9 2024 03:44pm
so, when will college players start getting the Russian treatment - i.e. teams will start avoid drafting them because there's a real chance they won't sign with them?
Jan 10 2024 10:36am
Quote (Hizkuntza @ 9 Jan 2024 13:44)
so, when will college players start getting the Russian treatment - i.e. teams will start avoid drafting them because there's a real chance they won't sign with them?

I think its a bit different. The Russians have a fall back plan, playing for khl and staying home. Whereas these college kids are trying to play for the NHL as their end goal, and not just stay NCAA or fly away from murica to play overseas in other leagues.

Like canucks can't skip on Hughes cuz they're afraid he wouldn't sign with them. I think it's part of the orgs job to trade em as soon as they suspect they're not gonna sign and get something. Briere did the right thing, gonna suck if cutter becomes a good top 6 nhl player but not much loss when the dude didn't wanna be a flyer and they still got Drysdale and 2nd for him.

This post was edited by Secksii on Jan 10 2024 10:36am
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev1338339340
Add Reply New Topic New Poll