d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > Official Detroit Red Wings Fan Thread
Prev1298299300301302332Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 13,891.00
Aug 10 2020 05:20pm
Yzerman reportedly turned down multiple offers on him this year. He kept the price high as he had term on his deal.
This year depending on when or if he trades will be less I'm sure.

But teams want a PK center.
Kevin Hayes being among the best of them.
Glendenning is not anywhere on that level. I'm just pointing out the importance of that role.

Anyways, roster player for a player that hadn't even made the NHL yet. Can make it work somehow I'm sure.
Aug 28 2020 12:17am
Alright fam, I put the work in.
Hard hours of YouTube, late nights, just for my boys here on the forums.

First - this guys channel is great. Definitely watch his stuff.

Who's the wings pick?

I watched Rossi content. I watched Perfetti content. I watched Sanderson content. I watched Drysdale content.

I'm here to report the red wings first round pick at fourth overall is....

Jamie Drysdale.

(Assumes Stutzle and Byfield are gone)

Watch the first 2-3 skating highlights.
That's the pick boys.

Rossi - looks great. I never let height get in the way for my pick. But I was stumped looking for 5'9" NHL center on the first line. I compared him to Marner. I started to drink the Kool aid but Drysdale's skating decided it for me. Rossi was the next pick.

Perfetti - a lot of Detroit connections. Trains with Draper's crew. Plays for Saginaw which draper and Osgood hold part ownership. Good goal scorer but I just wasn't feeling the hype train. He didn't make me drink the Kool aid.

Sanderson - he's a shut down first pass guy. Top ten so.... Zach bogosian? He's solid. But you can get that kind of player with NHL experience on the market fairly cheap. Why spend the 4th pick on that when you have Seider?

Drysdale - when I saw the clips of his skating and patience I was sold right away. I also came in to this looking for a reason to break the mould and recommend a pick that wasnt Drysdale as everyone has him there. He really gave me Hughes vibes. Elite skating. That's the NHL today. He can hang.

Gold: 10.55
Aug 28 2020 12:43am
Quote (Stealth @ Aug 27 2020 11:17pm)
Alright fam, I put the work in.
Hard hours of YouTube, late nights, just for my boys here on the forums.

First - this guys channel is great. Definitely watch his stuff.

Who's the wings pick?

I watched Rossi content. I watched Perfetti content. I watched Sanderson content. I watched Drysdale content.

I'm here to report the red wings first round pick at fourth overall is....

Jamie Drysdale.

(Assumes Stutzle and Byfield are gone)

Watch the first 2-3 skating highlights.
That's the pick boys.

Rossi - looks great. I never let height get in the way for my pick. But I was stumped looking for 5'9" NHL center on the first line. I compared him to Marner. I started to drink the Kool aid but Drysdale's skating decided it for me. Rossi was the next pick.

Perfetti - a lot of Detroit connections. Trains with Draper's crew. Plays for Saginaw which draper and Osgood hold part ownership. Good goal scorer but I just wasn't feeling the hype train. He didn't make me drink the Kool aid.

Sanderson - he's a shut down first pass guy. Top ten so.... Zach bogosian? He's solid. But you can get that kind of player with NHL experience on the market fairly cheap. Why spend the 4th pick on that when you have Seider?

Drysdale - when I saw the clips of his skating and patience I was sold right away. I also came in to this looking for a reason to break the mould and recommend a pick that wasnt Drysdale as everyone has him there. He really gave me Hughes vibes. Elite skating. That's the NHL today. He can hang.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjEVuCHqtZk

:hail:

For me personally i wont be angry with any of perfetti, rossi, or drysdale (also assuming stutzle and byfield are gone) that being said, i would much rather have rossi or perfetti over drysdale personally. He looks great, just this draft is loaded with forward talent, and next year theres supposedly several really good dmen coming up. If i were realistically looking at the team, i would jump on a forward this year, and grab one of the top d men next year. Because lets not kid ourselves, were not finishing outside of the bottom 3 next year.

But again, thats just me personally. I know our d is lacking, but we do some solid prospect up and coming. With all the forward talent in this draft, i think it'll be a mistake to pass one up.
Gold: 15,354.00
Aug 28 2020 12:54am
Hey, draft will be exciting to see.

I'm thinking we won't go dmen because of last year's draft. Both are right handed and our strongest prospect position.

Raymond is another name to throw in there, Rossi is my pick Assuming Laf/Byfield/Stuztle goes.

Wouldn't mind trading down for Askarov honestly :P
Aug 28 2020 09:16am
Quote (SicKid @ Aug 27 2020 11:54pm)
Hey, draft will be exciting to see.

I'm thinking we won't go dmen because of last year's draft. Both are right handed and our strongest prospect position.

Raymond is another name to throw in there, Rossi is my pick Assuming Laf/Byfield/Stuztle goes.

Wouldn't mind trading down for Askarov honestly :P

I wouldve said yes to trading down ONLY with NJ, but that was before the coyotes made it to the first round. If they hadnt NJ wouldve had 7 and 12 or something like that, which i wouldve been okay with sending them 4 and a 2nd rounder for. But now its 7 and 18 and i think askarov is gone at 18, and 7 is way too early to take him considering the level of other talent still on the board.

Id put money on one of Carolina (13) or Edmonton (14) taking him, potentially minnesota too at 9 if they feel real risky too

This post was edited by Queefy on Aug 28 2020 09:22am
Gold: 206.00
Aug 29 2020 03:13pm
Quote (Queefy @ Aug 28 2020 02:43am)
:hail:

For me personally i wont be angry with any of perfetti, rossi, or drysdale (also assuming stutzle and byfield are gone) that being said, i would much rather have rossi or perfetti over drysdale personally. He looks great, just this draft is loaded with forward talent, and next year theres supposedly several really good dmen coming up. If i were realistically looking at the team, i would jump on a forward this year, and grab one of the top d men next year. Because lets not kid ourselves, were not finishing outside of the bottom 3 next year.

But again, thats just me personally. I know our d is lacking, but we do some solid prospect up and coming. With all the forward talent in this draft, i think it'll be a mistake to pass one up.

I think Yzerman goes with the best player available regardless of position
Gold: 18,391.90
Oct 6 2020 05:51pm
Detroit Red Wings select Lucas Raymond 4th overall

Forward Justin Abdelkader has been placed on unconditional waivers for the purpose of a buyout.
Oct 6 2020 07:44pm
Quote (equable @ Oct 6 2020 07:51pm)

Forward Justin Abdelkader has been placed on unconditional waivers for the purpose of a buyout.

All we can hope for now is that he is Elias Pettersson
Gold: 15,354.00
Oct 6 2020 11:41pm
Quote (equable @ Oct 6 2020 07:51pm)

:thumbsup:
Oct 7 2020 10:39pm
Quote (Stealth @ Oct 6 2020 06:44pm)
All we can hope for now is that he is Elias Pettersson

A couple years ago i remember this kid was being touted as one of three prospects to go 1st overall, the other two being Lafreniere and Byfield.
I read somebody comparing him to Marner, I also heard another comparison of a mix between panarin/marner. So that makes definitely gets my hopes up a bit, fingers crossed he pans out.
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev1298299300301302332Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll