d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Browser Games > Realm of the Mad God > Realm Of The Mad God
1232533Next
Add Reply New Trade New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 170.00
Sep 4 2011 05:59pm
Doesn't seem like a very well-known game, I found it scouring mmohut yesterday, it's actually pretty damn fun.

It's a browser-based flash game.

Your objective in the game is to kill, as much as you can, i'm pretty sure once a certain number of enemies are killed, the game spawns the Mad God and teleports everyone in the dungeon to his room, once the boss is killed (while the boss is being killed) the dungeon resets.

From what i've seen so far, I can say;

--Pros
-NO download.
-Guest option to jump straight in the game and try it, or you can create an account.
-Dead Ops Arcade-style gameplay.
-MMORPG.
-Plenty of gear to find.
-co-op based gameplay, everyone works towards a common goal of spawning the mad god and killing him.
-Multiple classes, unlock advanced classes by leveling up the previous ones.
-Stash to put gear in that any char from your account can access.
-Hardcore-style gameplay can get the ol' heart pumpin' when you run into a nasty group.
-Plenty of people playing.
-Customizable hot keys.
-Ability to teleport to any player on the map by left-clicking their green dot on the map, or you can "lock" a player and teleport to them at any time with ease.
-None of the cash shop stuff looks like it makes characters over-powered.
-Pets.
-Built in autofire for those who want it.
-Ability to teleport to town instantly, from anywhere, with infinite usage.
-I haven't used it yet but, it supposedly has a permanent squelch feature for those annoying people who show up occasionally in mmo's.

--Cons
-First and foremost, when you die, your character is dead, you have to remake. However this does give you the opportunity to switch classes, class unlocks are saved.
-Mostly ffa looting, it isn't too bad though usually.
-Only 1 character slot starting out, you begin with 100 gold and the first extra character slot costs 600 gold.
-Only 1 stash box starting, each box is able to hold 8 items to switch between your chars, you can purchase additional stash boxes with Gold & 500 each.
-Gold is a cash shop thing, you have to pay real $ to obtain it, however the game is still perfectly playable without it.
-I deal with some lag, i'm not sure if everybody has to or if i'm just special that way.
-Level 20 is the max, however you can still find stat potions to finish maxing out your character and you can find kickass gear upgrades to take your char even further.

I may be forgetting some stuff but, that's most of what i've found out so far, it's a pretty good game..i'd suggest to anyone who likes that style (like Dead Ops Arcade) to give it a shot.

http://www.realmofthemadgod.com/

If you create an account for it, you get a tutorial level, it auto-started me as a mage in the tutorial..i'm not sure if that's set or random.
Gold: 34.00
Warn: 100%
Sep 4 2011 06:17pm
games old, and there's several threads about it already
Sep 4 2011 06:32pm
Quote (ausben @ Sep 4 2011 06:17pm)
games old, and there's several threads about it already

It officially came out this year, also looking back several pages I don't see any threads about it.

Go troll in an unpaid topic.
Gold: 34.00
Warn: 100%
Sep 4 2011 06:39pm
Quote (Wickedry @ Sep 5 2011 10:32am)
It officially came out this year, also looking back several pages I don't see any threads about it.

Go troll in an unpaid topic.

learn the meaning of troll before you accuse me tyvm, on the net, a day is old, and the threads are mainly in the league forum, though you won't find them as they were about a month or two ago
Gold: 14,362.00
Sep 5 2011 12:50am
Game is a ton of fun, great time waster. Everyone should at least give it a try.
Gold: 2,182.40
Sep 5 2011 01:39am
game is fucking awesome
Gold: 49,614.41
Sep 5 2011 02:22am
the game sux ass
Gold: Locked
Sep 5 2011 05:10am
gonna try it
Sep 5 2011 10:35am
Nice to see some more people getting into it, it's actually a pretty fun game once you get the hang of the controls. :thumbsup:

Also to those who don't yet know, if you're dealing with some lag, right click anywhere in-game and set your "Quality" to Medium/Low, medium gets rid of just about all of my lag.
Sep 6 2011 09:48pm
This deserves a bump.
Go Back To Realm of the Mad God Topic List
1232533Next
Add Reply New Trade New Price Check New Topic New Poll