d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Verax's 1.13 Pvp Bowazon Guide > Non Bo / T V T
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 12,001.00
Sep 1 2011 03:45pm
The 1.13 Bowazon

Introduction

The 1.13 Bowazon is a fun character that has a fair chance of winning vs most builds.
Of course there are better builds out there with bugbelt, hybrid rws, previous patch items and such that enables for a more stable build with better breakpoints, but all of us doesn't wanna spend real money on items. right? :)
I also enjoy the fact that you, with a 1.13zon, can drop games without perm before leaving the game.
- Not to mention the feeling of ripping an unperm-super-bug-geared pvp player with pure 1.13 power!

* I must also add, since beginners might not know, that Swordback Hold is used in some match-ups for 50% chance to open the enemies wounds when you're shooting arrows and switch to Titans+Swordback Hold before the arrows hits the opponent.
This will make them bleed and lose more health and your poison damage can deal final blow while their wounds are opened.

Stats

There are different kind of ways to go here.
* You can go glass-cannon for mass damage but low life, which means that you put points in strength until you can wear the equipment and then all the remaining points in dexterity.
* You can go strength until you can wear equipment, then dexterity until you have max block and then all the remaining points in vitality.

* Or you can go like I have done at the moment, which I think works just fine.
This includes:
- Strength until you can wear equipment
- ~60% of the remaining points in dexterity
- And ~40% of the remaining points in vitality.

* Or you can balance how ever you want 50%dexterity/50%vitality, 40%dexterity/60%vitality, etc.
- It's a good thing that we have tokens now!

This 3rd option gives me around 6.5k Guided Arrow and 1800life @ lvl97 with equipment on (No BO/BC/Enchant)
(It lacks 100dmg since I don't have the last 2* 3frw/3max/15+ar scs in my inventory and my melee ring sucks, etc etc..)

You want to have at least 120frw with bow and 150frw with titans, and that's what this guide is all about.
Though, we need Cat's Eye to be equipped to get the frw cap we're aiming for.
Highlords is mostly used vs (Light skill chars for 35light res and) ww barbs to get more deadlystrike on fury, since 25dex doesn't give that much damage boost to fury anyway.

Breakpoints
120frw with Bow
150frw with Javelin Switch
0fhr (yeah.. you won't need even 10fhr bp, believe me)
~15-20@ In Hell difficulty with the melee gear (More @ is possible if you exchange some charms in inventory, equip stack helms/rings or use the FaithDB/FaithSB and change cat's vs a mara30, the nosferatu vs tg, the helm vs kira or similiar setups.)
Max Attack Speed
(15Aura Faith GMB = 95Ias bp)
(15Aura Faith DB = 65Ias bp)
(15Aura Faith SB = 65ias bp)
So your primary choice will be FaithGMB since it has the best damage, but the other two bows will be great optionals to swap with if you want to maintain max speed while lowering the damage output in exchange for life/res/dr you'll get from other belts/amulets/gloves.

Skills

+1 In all skills neccessary to stat those below
+1 Jab
+1 Decoy
+1 Valkyrie
+16 Evade (All remaining points you put here)
+16 Avoid (All remaining points you put here)
+16 Dodge (All remaining points you put here)
+16 Critical Strike
+1 Penetrate
+1 Pierce
+1 Lightning Fury
+10-11 Multi Shot
+20 Guided Arrow

Equipment (Madness)

Perfect Artisan's/Jeweler's Diadem of Speed 60def 3sox 30frw, socked with 3* 15ias/40ed jewels (120ed/45ias/30frw)
Perfect Grand Matron Bow Faith 3bow/15aura/2all/345ed/3ar
Perfect Eth Titans Upg 200ed/9ll (opt. gz eth 4xxed++ selfrep matriarchal javelin)
Perfect Stormshield 148def, socked with 30ed/9dex/4replife/-15req jewel (opt. 40ed/-15req jewel)
Perfect Swordback Hold Double Upgrade 270def, socked with 30ed/9dex/4replife/30light res jewel (opt. 40ed/4replife jewel or 40ed/9dex jewel)
Perfect Raven Frost 20dex-250ar
Perfect Fortitude Archon Plate 15ed/15dura 1.5LPL/30@
Perfect Nosferatu Coil 63def/7ll
Perfect War Traveler Non-Upg 190ed/10atdo/50mf
2 Passive & Magic Skills 20Ias Knockback Strength(/dexterity) Gloves
Melee stat ring (mass str, dex, life, mindmg/maxdmg, 10@ 30cr, 10@ 30lr, mana etc etc.)
Cat's Eye Amulet

Stash (optional)
Highlord's Wrath Amulet
Wisp Projector Ring 20-20
Dwarf Star Ring 15mdr
Thundergod's Vigor Belt 200ed
Perf Diamond Bow Faith 15aura/2all/345ed(/3ar)
Perf Shadow Bow Faith 15aura/2all/345ed(/3ar)
Artisan's/Jeweler's Tiara/Diadem of Speed 3sox 30frw, socked with 3* 15ias/30cold res jewels (90cold res/45ias/30frw)
Artisan's/Jeweler's Tiara/Diadem of Speed 3sox 30frw, socked with 3* 15ias/30light res jewels (90light res/45ias/30frw)
Lacerator Axe (Amplify in PvM, or vs BMers)
Rift War Scepter (Iron Maiden vs BMers)

Mercenary (optional)
Eth Pride In Elite Pole Axe xx/xxx
Eth Fortitude Sacred Armor (EBUG) 1.x/xx
Eth Andariel Face, socked with 15ias/xxfire res jewel
(I use this just for PvM when I exp my hag in legit non-bot baalruns - Viva La OLY Community!)

Inventory (Madness)

Perfect Amazon Torch 20-20-5%
Perfect Anni 20-20-10
1* 451Poison Damage Small Charm
12* 3frw/3max/15+ar Small Charms
24* 3max/10+ar/20life Small Charms

Stash (optional)
11+* 20life/11light res Small Charms (alt. 3frw/11cold res) = 121lr+
11+* 20life/11cold res Small Charms (alt. 3frw/11light res) = 121cr+
Various 3frw/5all res Small Charms

Equipment (Low budget)

Same eq but worse stats.
Optional helms could be similiar but socked with 3* 15ias/xxed jewels, andyface socked with 15ed/30fr jewel or a valkyrie helm socked with a 15ias/xxed jewel.
(If you use the later ones, be sure to use a FaithDB 15aura or FaithSB 15aura to maintain max speed)

Stash (optional)
Highlords
Wisp Projector 10+/xx
Dwarf xxmdr
Thundergods
Perf Diamond Bow Faith 15aura/x/330
Perf Shadow Bow Faith 15aura/x/330

Inventory (Low budget)

4* 100psn charms (or similiar)
Ama T 20-xx
Anni 20-xx-x
33* scs, mix with max/ar/life. max/ar/frw (alt. use max/ar/frw~life gcs or p&m skillers with life)

Stash (optional)
Highlord's Wrath Amulet
Wisp Projector Ring xxabs-xxmf
Kira70, socked with 15ias 30light res jewel
Kira70, socked with 15ias 30cold res jewel
11+* 11light res scs = 121lr+
11+* 11cold res scs = 121cr+

Tactics

+ Positive aspects / Benefits
- Negative aspects / Downsides

Barbar
Spam Guided Arrows until they come close. Then run around and fury them with titans while they ww around after you, trying to hit you.
Make sure they never get the chanse to hit you.

+ Dual Weapon barbars is not that hard.
- Stormshield barbs with maxblock, 50dr and mass life can be a real pain in the..

Paladin

Hammer
Spam Guided Arrows after them while avoiding getting hit by blessed hammers.

+ Almost too easy.
- You most likely get one smitten if you get hit.

Mage
Same as hammer but use the light stack gear and one Wisp Projector Ring.

Smiter
Spam Guided Arrows until they come close, then switch to eth titans(/eth rare javelin) + storm(/swordback) and run away from them while throwing fury at them every once in a while.

+ With good frw and no lag,
- You most likely get one smitten if you let them get in your face.

V/T
Same as Smiter, but use the light stack gear and one Wisp Projector Ring.

FOH
Use the light stack gear and one Wisp Projector Ring and this shouldn't really be a problem.

Liberator
Same as Hammer but when they come close use fury instead since it will give you block, better frw and more damage reduce.

Assassin

Trap
Put on light stack gear and wisp and use multi/guided arrow until they come out of their nap nest.
When they come after you, be ready to run cause you ain't wanna end up in a mindblast madness in the middle of a trap nest.
When they come after you run away and start fire arrows again.

- Pretty hard if they got good dr and clawblock, needs practice to take them down.

Whirlwind Hybsin / Ghostsin
Spam Arrow until they come close, then use fury.
You want to keep block their wws.
Running away could also be a wise choice if they choose to go all trap on you.

Kicksin
Never had any trouble with this..
Just use GuidedArrow>Switch>Fury>Run-mixup

+ They have to chase you.

Sorceress
Use Guided Arrow alot, if they come close (for example a fire sorc or light/nova sorc) use strafe, it'll do the trick most of the times.
It's basically the same tactic for different kinds of sorcs.
Except blizzard sorcs, where you always need to be on the move incase they've namelocked blizzard on you.
(I don't expect you to face FighterSorcs/Bearsorcs/Bowasorcs and simililar builds, since I never do..)

+ Low hp, dies easily
- Fast tele, might catch up with you so be focused.

Druid

Shapeshifters
Same as Smiter, always be on the move.

ElementalTornado
Use Strafe/Multishot to kill his animal army, move around alot and use Guided Arrows on him until he collapse.

+ 99fcr/99fhr/75block/50dr builds can be a lenghty game, but if you stay focused it shouldn't be a problem.
Patience and time is your friend - make them suffer!
- Max fcr builds can catch up with you really quick.
- Tornado/Hurricane does alot of dmg and slow you down when you're in hurricane range, don't let them get close.

Necromancer
What can I say here..
Do same as Hammer run around and use Guided Arrow.

Amazon

Bowazon
Use Multishot alot.
A combination of Multishot/Strafe/GuidedArrow works fine too, if done properly.
A good option is to use the Diamond Bow Faith for high minimum damage on Multishot.
Another option is to just rush them down with the Fury/dr/block switch.

Javazon
For the love of god, don't let them close.

If any opponent BMs it will be tough.
Especially if they use curses, bone prison, clay golem, holy freeze or any other activities that seriously affects your gameplay.

This is my first guide ever, so I'm open for suggestions.
Hopefully I'll be able to edit it later to get better structure on it.
Ps. This is the first bowa I ever make since lvl39 harmony normal cow/tombrunner ^^ ds.

Verax

This post was edited by VeraxTheChosenOne on Sep 1 2011 04:06pm
Gold: 60,500.00
Sep 1 2011 11:39pm
It's perfect, really awesome :)

Good job m8!
Gold: 1,045.70
Warn: 20%
Sep 2 2011 12:26am
your gear gives +1.68yards/sec visual to server frw
total frw = 120 = +2.64yards/sec

your visual to server frw lower your desynch from 2.64yards/sec to a 0.96yards/sec desynch
there is almost no desynch left!
Gold: 10,460.02
Sep 2 2011 02:26am
Quote (VeraxTheChosenOne @ Sep 1 2011 09:45pm)
Hammer
Spam Guided Arrows after them while avoiding getting hit by blessed hammers.

+ Almost too easy.
- You most likely get one smitten if you get hit.

use multi to kill oak, then ga. Never ga when the oak is still alive

Assassin

Trap
Put on light stack gear and wisp and use multi/guided arrow until they come out of their nap nest.
When they come after you, be ready to run cause you ain't wanna end up in a mindblast madness in the middle of a trap nest.
When they come after you run away and start fire arrows again.

- Pretty hard if they got good dr and clawblock, needs practice to take them down.

no, assas are easy if they aint maxblock; else it can be hard, but ama can still win

Necromancer
What can I say here..
Do same as Hammer run around and use Guided Arrow.

no, you have to use strafe, even vs mb necur

ps : 451 psn sc is shit, if you want a hit checker, take 175/20

This post was edited by Team_ifu on Sep 2 2011 02:29am
Sep 2 2011 04:59am
Quote (Tommyvv @ 2 Sep 2011 08:26)
your gear gives +1.68yards/sec visual to server frw
total frw = 120 = +2.64yards/sec

your visual to server frw lower your desynch from 2.64yards/sec to a 0.96yards/sec desynch
there is almost no desynch left!

explain further, please.

Quote (Team_ifu @ 2 Sep 2011 10:26)
use multi to kill oak, then ga. Never ga when the oak is still alive

no, assas are easy if they aint maxblock; else it can be hard, but ama can still win

no, you have to use strafe, even vs mb necur

ps : 451 psn sc is shit, if you want a hit checker, take 175/20

what are you talking about @ assa quote?
you say "no" and then directly after you repeat what I've stated in my guide.. :wacko:

Strafe vs mb necro? why? ^_^
I've never needed to do that.

451psn 12sec vs 20life 175psn 6sec.
I'd say the 451psn sc.
Since it gives more dmg per second.
451/12
350/12 (175/6)
"BUT 20LIFE!" > well, nn. -_-

This post was edited by VeraxTheChosenOne on Sep 2 2011 05:02am
Gold: 9.00
Sep 2 2011 10:24pm
how suppose to change into wisp or darf if you will using to equip ur gear a ring with mass str?
in rings u nn str points..just stat str enough for your items and then take ring with dex/ar/replife/resist/mana.. for sure you wont need str.
also 3frw charms sux.you can use 10 x 5frw/2-3dmg/xxar + 26 x 3/20/20 + 1 x 451.. and then you will got 150frw with titan WITH highlord and not with cats eye.
also nn nosferatus..all now playing with unperm/perm bug belt..

also imo 15 dex on gloves is better than str.!
and your life must be 2.000(without bo) so you can tank 1 hammer.

/e. enough with these bowzons guides, it's ridiculous.
even rocks knows what gear/stats/skills should have

This post was edited by kalhmera on Sep 2 2011 10:28pm
Sep 3 2011 03:50am
Quote (kalhmera @ 3 Sep 2011 06:24)
how suppose to change into wisp or darf if you will using to equip ur gear a ring with mass str?
in rings u nn str points..just stat str enough for your items and then take ring with dex/ar/replife/resist/mana.. for sure you wont need str.
also 3frw charms sux.you can use 10 x 5frw/2-3dmg/xxar + 26 x 3/20/20 + 1 x 451.. and then you will got 150frw with titan WITH highlord and not with cats eye.
also nn nosferatus..all now playing with unperm/perm bug belt..

also imo 15 dex on gloves is better than str.!
and your life must be 2.000(without bo) so you can tank 1 hammer.

/e. enough with these bowzons guides, it's ridiculous.
even rocks knows what gear/stats/skills should have

More frw and less dmg (5/2/xx vs 3/3/xx), no thanks.
5/3/xx vs 3/3/xx, yes as I said in the Introduction it's better, but your missing the point.

You change perf raven vs 1*abs ring ofc..
Or do you use 2abs rings? - Ah, then you're BM..
20-25str 15dex ring = 35-40dex instead of 15dex.

15str or 15dex on gloves.. lol, as if it matters anyway, when you need 133str to equip stormshield? -_-

Learn to read the guide before you post nonsense sentences such as "5frw scs, bugitems - And crap that I got from my grandma are much better, daah!"
I mean how in the world are you suppose to give constructive criticism when you haven't even read the guide?
Even naps can afford a fully unperm gz char. Nothing special, to be honest. Nobody thinks your cool with your fully duped character; -"PERM ME PLZ!"
The Pros does it with legit stuff, without perming.

1. Those items isn't even supposed to be in the game.
2. They're not possible to achive in 1.13 Ladder.
3. In NonLadder those items are seldom perm/legit.
4. Those items are expensive if perm.
5. I can, eZ, win vs bowas(with your eq) with my legit 1.13 bowa.
6. This build does NOT need to perm before leaving game when playing NL (I don't know how many times I have to say it to get it into peoples heads).
7. There is no good, legit Bowa Guide in the stickys. So I'd say that it's a need for it.
8. Everyone haven't played bowazon - And until you know how to make one, you don't know how to make one. It's logical and makes perfect sense.
9. "Even rocks knows how to make bowazons", but unfortunately they don't know how to read (especially not before posting).. -_-
Anyway, GL finding those items in ladder, GL with your BM 2*wisp20 duelling, GL with leaving game if nobody is there to perm you..
And if you want ridiculous bps, bugged items and imports.. why don't you just play open with a hero editor?

Thanks.

Do I repost if I wanna correct structrure/spelling/sentences or can it be edited someway?
somebody knows?
Gold: 7,135.00
Sep 3 2011 04:34am
Nice guide and easy to read layout.
Gold: 212.00
Sep 3 2011 07:54am
Quote (VeraxTheChosenOne @ Sep 3 2011 05:50am)

7. There is no good, legit Bowa Guide in the stickys. So I'd say that it's a need for it.

Thanks.

lol

Sep 3 2011 09:40am
Quote (Habakkuk22 @ 3 Sep 2011 15:54)
lol

ye yours is well done (graphically and structure wise) but you your build isn't the best, imo.
you mention 2sk helm + FaithDB, which isn't the optimal choice vs most match-ups.
I also wonder why you say that people should use GCS when SCS is better.
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll