d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > World Football - Soccer > Manchester United > Match & General Discussion
Prev1314531463147314831493157Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 150.69
Nov 24 2022 06:31am
Quote (fender @ Nov 24 2022 12:11pm)
the thing is, by now he must have realised that he won't be able to earn what he used to at any european top club. he's too old and too toxic for that. so he will either need to:

- move to an irrelevant league that wants him for marketing reasons and doesn't mind / can afford paying his insane wages (most likely option imo)
- massively cut back on what he asks for, to find a somewhat competitive club in europe to play at (least likely option imo)
- or go back to his youth club, also cut back on his wages, but save face somewhat, and having the chance to play champions league at least (middle ground)

so although i share your doubts about him being willing to lower his wages so significantly, you shouldn't underestimate his ego. at sporting he'd at least have a good reason to do so, and he could pretend it's his love for his youth club, and not the fact that no one else in europe is willing to pay his premium any longer.

I'm really not sure he sees that as of yet. I'm convinced his ego goes beyond that.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Nov 24 2022 06:52am
Quote (XANNY @ 24 Nov 2022 13:28)
- most likely that the biggest influencer in the world has other sources of income and running Businesses and can take a cut in wages.
- PSG/Chelsea have plenty left to spent on wages, np for them.
- the only toxicity is Glazers and UK Media keeping ronaldo on the headlines for views.

ronaldo made the glazers sell with this interview, United fans should be forever grateful.

really recommend you to watch the full piers morgan interview and not scapegoat his ego cause its easy for you.

oh he most definitely can AFFORD to play for literally free. he's so rich, he could lose all his contracts and sponsorships right now, never earn a single penny again, and he would still die one of the richest athletes ever to walk the planet. that's not the point though. he could have done that a long time ago, but (like literally every other sports star on the planet, this is not a cronaldo exclusive issue) he didn't. he always wanted more, more, more, and still does.

chelsea is the ONE club i mentioned in an earlier post i'd see as a somewhat realistic option amongst the big european clubs. psg with messi, neymar, and mbappe in the squad, and their already bloated wage structure, i just don't see happening. i just can't imagine how they're not already at the absolute limit of all possible book-keeping tricks to still appear "legit" according to FFP.

regarding the interview: he could be "technically correct" on every single issue, and we could generously overlook his insane ego and arrogant dismissal of everyone he considers inferior and unqualified, and it'd STILL be an incredibly toxic and unacceptable way to go about it. i have no love for united's owners, the UK press, or the club itself - but an interview like that, throwing everyone at the club under the bus, destroying every bit of trust, respect, and goodwill that might have existed, makes it virtually impossible to ever have him as a part of that team again.

i don't think that anyone who ever played team sports would have trouble understanding that, no matter how much they are a fan of his...
Gold: 751.50
Nov 24 2022 06:55am
penaldo should keep his last bit of dignity and ride into the sunset while its still his choice

Gold: 2,570.91
Nov 24 2022 07:01am
We also can't rule out the possibility of the WC influencing his decision. If he has a massive performance, he might as well just end it all here on a high note.
Gold: 6.69
Nov 24 2022 09:23am
Quote (fender @ Nov 24 2022 01:52pm)
regarding the interview: he could be "technically correct" on every single issue, and we could generously overlook his insane ego and arrogant dismissal of everyone he considers inferior and unqualified, and it'd STILL be an incredibly toxic and unacceptable way to go about it. i have no love for united's owners, the UK press, or the club itself - but an interview like that, throwing everyone at the club under the bus, destroying every bit of trust, respect, and goodwill that might have existed, makes it virtually impossible to ever have him as a part of that team again.

this
Gold: 199,232.53
Nov 24 2022 09:34am
Quote (fender @ 24 Nov 2022 13:52)
oh he most definitely can AFFORD to play for literally free. he's so rich, he could lose all his contracts and sponsorships right now, never earn a single penny again, and he would still die one of the richest athletes ever to walk the planet. that's not the point though. he could have done that a long time ago, but (like literally every other sports star on the planet, this is not a cronaldo exclusive issue) he didn't. he always wanted more, more, more, and still does.

chelsea is the ONE club i mentioned in an earlier post i'd see as a somewhat realistic option amongst the big european clubs. psg with messi, neymar, and mbappe in the squad, and their already bloated wage structure, i just don't see happening. i just can't imagine how they're not already at the absolute limit of all possible book-keeping tricks to still appear "legit" according to FFP.

i don't think that anyone who ever played team sports would have trouble understanding that, no matter how much they are a fan of his...

You dont think PSG would buy him if Mpaypal would want to transfer to madrid ( or any other top team against his multi yr contract ) - or neymar leaving any scenario like that making room in PSGs front axel
Chelsea for sure a could be destination.

I agree that the interview might not have the proper but a humane reaction but i dont see where you find this: he consider guys in his team inferior and unqualified and was toxic towards them? Afaik he raised his voice against the owners and management, that is literally just throwing the management under the bus - which was driving united in the walls since yrs.

Also if he wouldve done this interview last yr and call out all the missorganization and missmanagement in his first year, ppl would call him even more arrogant even tho i see only a humane reaction to a mix of very very bad communication and managing from United, SKY and other UK Media wanting headlines over him and ofc the guy has a ego... there is only 1 player as good as him for 20 yrs.

but i dont disagree that after the interview ofc damage is done and there was no turning back but to pin it all on ronaldo and his ego is just plain wrong

This post was edited by XANNY on Nov 24 2022 09:36am
Gold: 153,394.00
Nov 24 2022 12:28pm
Quote (JohnnyMcCoy @ Nov 24 2022 12:55pm)
penaldo should keep his last bit of dignity and ride into the sunset while its still his choice

Another record for him today :lol:

First player in the world to score in 5 different world cups

LEGENDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Dec 30 2022 06:11pm
Quote (fender @ 24 Nov 2022 12:11)
the thing is, by now he must have realised that he won't be able to earn what he used to at any european top club. he's too old and too toxic for that. so he will either need to:

- move to an irrelevant league that wants him for marketing reasons and doesn't mind / can afford paying his insane wages (most likely option imo)
- massively cut back on what he asks for, to find a somewhat competitive club in europe to play at (least likely option imo)
- or go back to his youth club, also cut back on his wages, but save face somewhat, and having the chance to play champions league at least (middle ground)

so although i share your doubts about him being willing to lower his wages so significantly, you shouldn't underestimate his ego. at sporting he'd at least have a good reason to do so, and he could pretend it's his love for his youth club, and not the fact that no one else in europe is willing to pay his premium any longer.

called it xD
Gold: 6.69
Jan 14 2023 08:26am
feelsgoodman B)
Gold: 57.00
Jan 14 2023 08:41am
B)
Go Back To World Football - Soccer Topic List
Prev1314531463147314831493157Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll