d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > Official Vancouver Canucks Fan Thread > We're All Canucks
Prev1809810811812813868Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 17,801.00
Jun 20 2022 02:03pm
Quote (Secksii @ Jun 16 2022 03:05am)
Same, hard enough to trade some players on the team, can't imagine everyone being traded aside from the 4 core.

If alvin can manage to trade Dickinson, poolman, Miller, etc. And replace them with sandpaper and speedy guys, I'll be impressed.

Getting 3 assets for Miller, and then signing Copp who's basically similar type of sandpaper player to offset some of the pts lost by him would be not be too bad.

Boeser will probably get his QO if they can't convince him to sign term for 6.5m or something.

So it's most likely undersized garland/Hoglander and/or pearson that might get traded, if they can get Mikheyev, Lazar, Blackwell, sturm type of guys to the lineup for speed &/or sandpaper.

Pysyk/Lyubushkin if they manage to trade myers.

Free agency is almost always overpay. Have to be really careful.
Gold: 8,732.50
Jun 20 2022 02:57pm
Quote (Killingyouall @ 20 Jun 2022 12:59)
Would not be surprised if Dickinson is moved at some point. He is not fitting in sadly.

Better to get a younger player for cheap to fill bottom 6 roles. Even a 2.65 million cap hit is too much for a depth forward if he can be replaced by someone younger on an ELC.

for sure, but idk if anyone would want him for that caphit. He definitely had a rough year, but he could bounce back.. at least it looked like he was much better toward end of season.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 20 2022 04:48pm
Imagine if this was Benning... he probably wouldnt put his hot dog down to make a phone call and if he ever did he'd probably call him Kimchenko or something.
Jun 24 2022 11:51am
The Canucks have hired some new personel.

Really excited about the hiring of Dale Tallon.
https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/canucks-add-dale-tallon-as-senior-adviser-pro-scout-bolster-front-office/#:~:text=AHL-,Canucks%20add%20Dale%20Tallon%20as%20senior,pro%20scout%2C%20bolster%20front%20office&text=The%20Vancouver%20Canucks%20have%20hired,Panthers%20from%202010%20to%20%2720.
Jun 24 2022 12:00pm
I'm happy with the others, but not tallon lol

He fked Florida for a decade and as soon as he's gone, they're gfg.

Not to mention he's a racist pos

Could be a 200iq move by hiring him as a senior advisor, just do the opposite when you ask what he would do if it was his team!

I think Scott Young is a huge hire, hopefully we start seeing some players actually being developed well

This post was edited by Secksii on Jun 24 2022 12:02pm
Jun 24 2022 12:09pm
Quote (Secksii @ Jun 24 2022 11:00am)
I'm happy with the others, but not tallon lol

He fked Florida for a decade and as soon as he's gone, they're gfg.

Not to mention he's a racist pos

Could be a 200iq move by hiring him as a senior advisor, just do the opposite when you ask what he would do if it was his team!

I think Scott Young is a huge hire, hopefully we start seeing some players actually being developed well

Maybe I give him too much credit. Just remember when he came to Florida they were a basement team and things started to slowly improve.

Drafted Huberdeau, Barkov, and Ekblad during his time there. Time will tell I guess. I hope you are wrong haha. We can't have someone run the team into the ground. That has been happening enough already.

He was cleared of those racist allegations, but that does not mean he is innocent either. I have no confidence in "internal investigations".

This post was edited by Killingyouall on Jun 24 2022 12:11pm
Jun 24 2022 03:22pm
Quote (Killingyouall @ 24 Jun 2022 11:09)
Maybe I give him too much credit. Just remember when he came to Florida they were a basement team and things started to slowly improve.

Drafted Huberdeau, Barkov, and Ekblad during his time there. Time will tell I guess. I hope you are wrong haha. We can't have someone run the team into the ground. That has been happening enough already.

He was cleared of those racist allegations, but that does not mean he is innocent either. I have no confidence in "internal investigations".

Well tbf, he has done a great job drafting/developing players like being involved in the Chicago dynasty. He's just shit at doing GM aspect of the job, signing contracts, players etc. So I guess the hiring can't hurt the team much, especially when the GM and aGM seem like smart group of people
Gold: 12,140.00
Jun 30 2022 04:27pm
It won't happen but if we kept both Boeser and Miller we'd have a pretty good forward group:

Kuzmenko - Pettersson - Garland
Pearson - Miller - Boeser
Hoglander - Horvat - Podkolzin
Dickinson - Lammikko - Highmore

Defense is still brutal though:

Hughes - Schenn
OEL - Myers
Dermott/Rathbone/Burroughs

--

I do hope we trade one of them though, assuming we can sign a quality free agent to take their spot. Probably would have to overpay a bit but when you factor in the assets you get back in the trade, it'd be a big win asset wise.

There are many good candidates, depending on what hole needs to be filled:

Trocheck
Nichushkin
Mikheyev
Copp
Rakell
Paul

We could have a quality 3rd line of Pearson - UFA - UFA along with a boatload of assets from Miller and Boeser, which would likely include two first rounders + top prospect.

If we're feeling rambunctious we could also use those assets to get rid of some dead cap + acquire a quality D-man. But nobody out there is really trading quality top-4 RD's, so we may just have to wait it out.
Jun 30 2022 07:30pm
Quote (LuLer @ Jun 30 2022 03:27pm)
It won't happen but if we kept both Boeser and Miller we'd have a pretty good forward group:

Hughes - Schenn
OEL - Myers

--

I do hope we trade one of them though, assuming we can sign a quality free agent to take their spot. Probably would have to overpay a bit but when you factor in the assets you get back in the trade, it'd be a big win asset wise.

Trocheck
Nichushkin
Mikheyev
Copp
Rakell
Paul

We could have a quality 3rd line of Pearson - UFA - UFA along with a boatload of assets from Miller and Boeser, which would likely include two first rounders + top prospect.

If we're feeling rambunctious we could also use those assets to get rid of some dead cap + acquire a quality D-man. But nobody out there is really trading quality top-4 RD's, so we may just have to wait it out.

Would love to have Nichkuskin but I feel he would come at an inlfated price after winning a cup and posting his best season.

He was the player I wanted the Canucks to take in 2013, but we got Horvat one slot earlier, so I was wrong.

What a reclamation project by the Avalanche. He came up huge for them after failing in Dallas. He even played in Russia for a couple season. Looked like a lost cause.

Out of the group you mentioned I like Trochek. He could be that reliable, low maintenance center the Canucks have been looking for.
Jun 30 2022 09:19pm
Quote (LuLer @ 30 Jun 2022 15:27)

Hughes - Schenn
OEL - Myers

--

Trocheck
Nichushkin
Mikheyev
Copp
Rakell
Paul

Apparently talks with boeser is still cold, and they plan on just qualifying him if he doesn't budge. He wants 7m+ avv on term, while Canucks want it probably closer to 6.5m range.

Talks with Miller and Canucks are still on going, and Miller wants to get paid based on his 99pt season. Canucks understand that he deserves to get paid, but also the risk signing him for a long term. Canucks are trying to get this situation done before start of next season, and the offers from other teams are starting to pile up and his value is greater now. Canucks believe they can get an extension done with Miller, as they're more willing to negotiate more so than with Boeser. That's why there's been more talks about boeser getting traded.

I hope JR/Alvin decide to trade Miller though, however i think the offers aren't satisfying enough to trade him, so they rather take the risk of getting 4-5yrs uses out of him and anchor the last half.

Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev1809810811812813868Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll