d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > Official Vancouver Canucks Fan Thread > We're All Canucks
Prev1808809810811812866Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,697.50
Jun 13 2022 01:15pm
alvin is litrerally just turning this team to sweden
lmao
Gold: 2,647.74
Jun 13 2022 03:25pm
Quote (Secksii @ Jun 11 2022 04:52pm)
lol some rumors going around lately,

Code
Frank Seravelli relayed on his Daily Faceoff show a recent conversation that he had with an anonymous league executive:

Seravalli said a league executive told him he would trade Demko right now.

Seravalli said he almost fell off his chair when he heard that.

Executive didn't know if Demko's body is going hold up because of his hip issues and said "he's going to be the next Cory Schneider".

also from Kyper & John Shannon podcast,

they said that Rutherford hates the room and called it a "country club" and he's gonna make splashes, won't recognize the team next year with only 3-4 staying.

Press x to doubt
Jun 16 2022 04:05am
Quote (Hizkuntza @ 13 Jun 2022 14:25)
Press x to doubt

Same, hard enough to trade some players on the team, can't imagine everyone being traded aside from the 4 core.

If alvin can manage to trade Dickinson, poolman, Miller, etc. And replace them with sandpaper and speedy guys, I'll be impressed.

Getting 3 assets for Miller, and then signing Copp who's basically similar type of sandpaper player to offset some of the pts lost by him would be not be too bad.

Boeser will probably get his QO if they can't convince him to sign term for 6.5m or something.

So it's most likely undersized garland/Hoglander and/or pearson that might get traded, if they can get Mikheyev, Lazar, Blackwell, sturm type of guys to the lineup for speed &/or sandpaper.

Pysyk/Lyubushkin if they manage to trade myers.

Gold: 2,647.74
Jun 16 2022 12:27pm
Quote (Secksii @ Jun 16 2022 03:05am)
Same, hard enough to trade some players on the team, can't imagine everyone being traded aside from the 4 core.

If alvin can manage to trade Dickinson, poolman, Miller, etc. And replace them with sandpaper and speedy guys, I'll be impressed.

Getting 3 assets for Miller, and then signing Copp who's basically similar type of sandpaper player to offset some of the pts lost by him would be not be too bad.

Boeser will probably get his QO if they can't convince him to sign term for 6.5m or something.

So it's most likely undersized garland/Hoglander and/or pearson that might get traded, if they can get Mikheyev, Lazar, Blackwell, sturm type of guys to the lineup for speed &/or sandpaper.

Pysyk/Lyubushkin if they manage to trade myers.

I think all Alvin will do is try to shed some cap and go dumpster diving to fill the roster. I feel like this administration won't give up on signing Miller even if the best move is to trade. The pressure to try to compete every season hasn't changed as far as we know.
Gold: 12,140.00
Jun 16 2022 12:45pm
Really hope they don't give up on Hog... he was bad in the 2nd half and now everyone and their mother is throwing him into their trade proposals.

He can be a cheap and versatile forward for many years to come... just 21 years old.

Green was a complete idiot with his ice-time when Hog was playing well early in the season and I think Bruce pushed the right buttons in almost every case but he botched it with Hog.

This post was edited by LuLer on Jun 16 2022 12:46pm
Jun 16 2022 02:58pm
Quote (Hizkuntza @ 16 Jun 2022 11:27)
I think all Alvin will do is try to shed some cap and go dumpster diving to fill the roster. I feel like this administration won't give up on signing Miller even if the best move is to trade. The pressure to try to compete every season hasn't changed as far as we know.

they will try to sign him, but i doubt miller and his agent are gonna take a huge discount to stay with the Canucks. Pretty sure they'd do it if they can do like 7x6yrs or something, but that's not gonna happen sadly. So he's definitely getting traded before losing him for nothing

Quote (LuLer @ 16 Jun 2022 11:45)
Really hope they don't give up on Hog... he was bad in the 2nd half and now everyone and their mother is throwing him into their trade proposals.

He can be a cheap and versatile forward for many years to come... just 21 years old.

Green was a complete idiot with his ice-time when Hog was playing well early in the season and I think Bruce pushed the right buttons in almost every case but he botched it with Hog.

I don't think Bruce had much to do with Hog's poor performance, he just failed and had an off year. Tough to give him more minutes when he's costing goals, being snakebitten for offence, looking lost without the puck etc.
Jun 16 2022 03:57pm
Quote (Secksii @ Jun 16 2022 01:58pm)
I don't think Bruce had much to do with Hog's poor performance, he just failed and had an off year. Tough to give him more minutes when he's costing goals, being snakebitten for offence, looking lost without the puck etc.

He singled him out in the media for being bad defensively when most of our forwards are complete dogshit defensively.

Only way to make sense of that is that it was an attempted motivation tactic.

Not saying that's the reason for Hog's struggles because he was struggling before that which led to that comment, but it certainly didn't help.

This post was edited by LuLer on Jun 16 2022 03:58pm
Jun 20 2022 11:47am
Keeping my expectations low but a free asset is always nice.
Jun 20 2022 12:10pm
Quote (LuLer @ 20 Jun 2022 10:47)
Keeping my expectations low but a free asset is always nice.

Seems like a done deal, although not official yet.

[Dhaliwal] Agent Dan Milsten - Andrei felt right about Vancouver, he had a good connection with Canucks management especially the GM. He is excited about joining Vancouver, the contract will get done over the next few days

Credit goes to Bruce, kuzemenko was very impressed by him.

Jeff Marek says that Bruce Boudreau is what helped get the deal over the top for Kuzmenko to sign with the Canucks.

[Rick Dhaliwal] Bruce Boudreau drove 6 hours for a meeting in Ann Arbor, Michigan with Kuzmenko last Friday. Patrik Alvin drove for 4.5 hours for that meeting too. Kuzmenko was impressed.

Pearson - Miller - Garland
Hoglander - Pettersson - Boeser
Kuzemenko - Horvat - Podkolzin
Dickinson - Lummikko - Highmore
lockwood

OEL - Myers
Hughes - Schenn
Dermott - Burroughs

demko
spencer

This post was edited by Secksii on Jun 20 2022 12:33pm
Gold: 15,301.00
Jun 20 2022 01:59pm
Quote (Secksii @ Jun 20 2022 11:10am)
Seems like a done deal, although not official yet.

[Dhaliwal] Agent Dan Milsten - Andrei felt right about Vancouver, he had a good connection with Canucks management especially the GM. He is excited about joining Vancouver, the contract will get done over the next few days

Credit goes to Bruce, kuzemenko was very impressed by him.

Jeff Marek says that Bruce Boudreau is what helped get the deal over the top for Kuzmenko to sign with the Canucks.

[Rick Dhaliwal] Bruce Boudreau drove 6 hours for a meeting in Ann Arbor, Michigan with Kuzmenko last Friday. Patrik Alvin drove for 4.5 hours for that meeting too. Kuzmenko was impressed.

Pearson - Miller - Garland
Hoglander - Pettersson - Boeser
Kuzemenko - Horvat - Podkolzin
Dickinson - Lummikko - Highmore
lockwood

OEL - Myers
Hughes - Schenn
Dermott - Burroughs

demko
spencer

Would not be surprised if Dickinson is moved at some point. He is not fitting in sadly.

Better to get a younger player for cheap to fill bottom 6 roles. Even a 2.65 million cap hit is too much for a depth forward if he can be replaced by someone younger on an ELC.

This post was edited by Killingyouall on Jun 20 2022 02:00pm
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev1808809810811812866Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll