d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > Official Vancouver Canucks Fan Thread > We're All Canucks
Prev1699700701702703868Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,732.50
Oct 19 2020 04:06am
Tryamkin is looking good so far, I think he would make a great piece to our back end and help reshape it. He has been averaging over 20min a game, leads the league in blocks, and hits much more often.

The towering defenceman had seven blocked shots, one hit and two shots on goal in 23:55 of ice time in a 3-2 win against Barys on October 7.

In a 3-1 win over Traktor on October 11, Tryamkin had a monster stat line, notching four shots on net, five hits, three blocked shots and a plus-1 rating while skating for a whopping 29:26 of ice time.

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/canucks-prospects-tracker-podkolzin-soldiers-on-tryamkins-block-party

He would also make a good addition to the pk as well. Some sexy clips

This post was edited by Secksii on Oct 19 2020 04:10am
Gold: 2,647.74
Oct 19 2020 01:25pm
Quote (Secksii @ Oct 19 2020 03:06am)
Tryamkin is looking good so far, I think he would make a great piece to our back end and help reshape it. He has been averaging over 20min a game, leads the league in blocks, and hits much more often.

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/canucks-prospects-tracker-podkolzin-soldiers-on-tryamkins-block-party

He would also make a good addition to the pk as well. Some sexy clips

would love to have him back but why would he leave Russia? he probably gets paid well and the Canucks would need to buy out his KHL contract.
Oct 19 2020 01:40pm
Quote (Hizkuntza @ 19 Oct 2020 12:25)
would love to have him back but why would he leave Russia? he probably gets paid well and the Canucks would need to buy out his KHL contract.

He intended to come here after last season ended, but with the cap being too tight and the logjam in the backend made him sign 1 year in the KHL.

KHL players don't get paid more than NHL players, unless they're Ovechkin. Shipachev makes the most in the KHL and it's 1.7m usd.
Gold: 12,140.00
Oct 19 2020 03:01pm
Quote (Secksii @ Oct 19 2020 12:40pm)
Shipachev makes the most in the KHL and it's 1.7m usd.

Big name signing out of the KHL, lasts a week in Vegas and booted back to Russia.

Legend.
Gold: 17,801.00
Oct 19 2020 07:07pm
Gaudette resigned.

Also picked up Jayce Hawrlyuk.

looks like he is a youngish grinder with some offensive upside.

This signing would suggest at least one of the current overpaid veterans is going to get tossed down into the minors to save some cap.

I would love to see Tyramkin back.

Much needed size. He can play a shutdown role. Need some fear against the opposition. He can throw some big hits and keep the other teams pests honest.

This post was edited by Killingyouall on Oct 19 2020 07:08pm
Oct 19 2020 08:32pm
Quote (Killingyouall @ 19 Oct 2020 18:07)
Gaudette resigned.

Also picked up Jayce Hawrlyuk.

looks like he is a youngish grinder with some offensive upside.

This signing would suggest at least one of the current overpaid veterans is going to get tossed down into the minors to save some cap.

I would love to see Tyramkin back.

Much needed size. He can play a shutdown role. Need some fear against the opposition. He can throw some big hits and keep the other teams pests honest.

agreed.

Demko is going to have a nice time when the giant is on the ice, help clear the net in front of him.

He would be a big addition to the PK as well. I wanna see him and Myers together if they ever have to kill a 3v5 PK, their reach would be insane lmao

This post was edited by Secksii on Oct 19 2020 08:32pm
Oct 22 2020 04:39pm
with Jake on board we have 15 forwards. Ferland will probably go on LTIR but think a Sutter buyout could come?
Oct 22 2020 06:48pm
Quote (Hizkuntza @ 22 Oct 2020 15:39)
with Jake on board we have 15 forwards. Ferland will probably go on LTIR but think a Sutter buyout could come?

I think buyout has to be made, the canucks still need a forward and depth dman (in case of injury, if top 4 D gets hurt canucks are screwed)

Ferland is still trying to play, so he won't be LTIR'd til at least start of season and he decides that he can't do it after 2 games for the 4th time.

[Iain MacIntyre on Twitter] Even with 15 Fs under contract, the Canucks are still trying to re-sign Josh Leivo. Today’s negotiated settlement w Jake Virtanen doesn’t eliminate the 24-hour buyout window the team has this weekend.

I'm thinking Benning will offer Leivo 1x1yr, so it's up to him if he loves Vancouver enough to take discount instead of signing with other teams.

Leivo looked great with bo before he got rekt, he literally fit the definition of Green's type of player. Winning the tough battles around the boards, chipping in offensively, and having a great 2 way game. The risk is that his skating was never great, and he had a major surgery on his knee, plus he didn't play for like a full year.

Miller - Petey - Boeser
Pearson - Horvat - Leivo
Roussel - Gaudette - Virtanen
Motte - Beagle - Lind/Eriksson/MacEwen

I'm not too sure about Virtanen playing in the top 6 as most ppl are saying, it would have to be with Miller and Petey for him to perform. That would make boeser less effective on the 2nd line with bo.
Virt struggles using his IQ, using his teammates and playing a 2 way game. Horvat's line is the most toughest line to play in the league, as Green abuses him wayyy too much for matchups, and that will make virt trash.
So i think virt is better playing sheltered minutes with gaudette again like last season, since they at least proved that they can perform and pitch in offensively when given the ez minutes.
Beagle's line would basically be the team's "3rd" line, aka whenever horvat is resting they'll be the ones to match up.

Im not sure if Sutter can just be buried in the minors and save 3.3m, i think that's even better option if possible

This post was edited by Secksii on Oct 22 2020 06:53pm
Gold: 17,801.00
Oct 22 2020 07:06pm
Arbitration would have awarded him more.

I like Virtanen @ 2.55 for two years.

Pretty well everything I wanted to say has been discussed.

I wonder if Ferland believes he can still play or not?

He is a very competitive guy but he has to realize he is one hit away from having any his quality of life shattered. Perhaps he just makes to make sure he gets paid his full contract.

At this point I am not even sure if it is ethical to let him play with all the knowledge of CTE.
Oct 22 2020 09:10pm
Quote (Secksii @ Oct 22 2020 05:48pm)
I think buyout has to be made, the canucks still need a forward and depth dman (in case of injury, if top 4 D gets hurt canucks are screwed)

Ferland is still trying to play, so he won't be LTIR'd til at least start of season and he decides that he can't do it after 2 games for the 4th time.

[Iain MacIntyre on Twitter] Even with 15 Fs under contract, the Canucks are still trying to re-sign Josh Leivo. Today’s negotiated settlement w Jake Virtanen doesn’t eliminate the 24-hour buyout window the team has this weekend.

I'm thinking Benning will offer Leivo 1x1yr, so it's up to him if he loves Vancouver enough to take discount instead of signing with other teams.

Leivo looked great with bo before he got rekt, he literally fit the definition of Green's type of player. Winning the tough battles around the boards, chipping in offensively, and having a great 2 way game. The risk is that his skating was never great, and he had a major surgery on his knee, plus he didn't play for like a full year.

Miller - Petey - Boeser
Pearson - Horvat - Leivo
Roussel - Gaudette - Virtanen
Motte - Beagle - Lind/Eriksson/MacEwen

I'm not too sure about Virtanen playing in the top 6 as most ppl are saying, it would have to be with Miller and Petey for him to perform. That would make boeser less effective on the 2nd line with bo.
Virt struggles using his IQ, using his teammates and playing a 2 way game. Horvat's line is the most toughest line to play in the league, as Green abuses him wayyy too much for matchups, and that will make virt trash.
So i think virt is better playing sheltered minutes with gaudette again like last season, since they at least proved that they can perform and pitch in offensively when given the ez minutes.
Beagle's line would basically be the team's "3rd" line, aka whenever horvat is resting they'll be the ones to match up.

Im not sure if Sutter can just be buried in the minors and save 3.3m, i think that's even better option if possible

I like Leivo too, main concern is his speed and Horvat is not fast either. But Jake doesn't look good with him at all so not like there's much choice. Think the lineup is pretty suspicious - 2nd line liable to being straight outskated, 3rd line useless defensively, 4th line useless with the puck. And Not even getting into the gamble that our AHLer defensemen can suddenly be NHLers either. Green gonna have to be very careful with deployment of skaters.
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev1699700701702703868Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll