Testic's PvP Kicksin GuideJune 2011 (1.13) Version 1
This guide centers around a build for a dragon talon using assassin ("kicksin") that I have been using myself for a few years, it is primarily a weapon/shield (w/s) build that I have found to be very effective and diverse, though its main strength being killing soft targets (such as sorceresses).
This kicksin has the following aims:
- Have good stacked res with the option for huge stacked res.
- Have flexibilty of equipment to allow changes to be made vs various opponents.
- Maintain reasonable IAS at all times whilst not relying on burst of speed (BoS).
- Have at least 48% FHR.
- Have at least 65% FCR with an option for 102% FCR.
- Have at least 1 source of open wounds at all times.
- To save as many points in strength and dexterity as possible to put them all into vitality.
----About Dragon Talon
--------General Dragon Talon Notes
The "kick" skill uses damage from the boots rather than from other sources such as the wielded weapon, though the range from the weapon is used.
Attack rating from the weapon is applied but does not show on the character screen. Applies elemental damage (such as venom) but this does not show on the character screen
--------What Does and Does Not Work With Dragon Talon
The following things do not
apply to kicks:
- Weapon % Enhanced Damage.
- + Min/Maximum Damage and +damage.
- +% Damage to Demons/Undead.
- Claw Mastery.
- Critical Strike or Deadly Strike.
The following things do
apply to kicks:
- Life Leech
- Mana Leech
- Elemental Damage
- Magical Damage
- Chance to cast X on striking
- Crushing Blow
- Open Wounds
- Prevent Monster Heal
- Ignore Target Defense
- Hit Blinds Target
- Hit Causes Monster to Flee
- Hit Freezes target
- Hit Slows Target
--------Dragon Talon Attack Speed
The attack speed formula for dragon talon is as follows:
EIAS = ((120*IAS)/(120+IAS)) + skill_IAS – WSMIAS
counts from any source except off-hand weapon.WSM
is averaged between claws when dual wielding.Skill_IAS
is any bonus derived from sources such as burst of speed and fanatacism.
Note that lower WSM number are faster.
--------Attack Speed Breakpoints
Note that due to technical reasons what is commonly described as the "initial kick" is actually the last kick in the series; follow-up kicks are actually applied first.
Breakpoints for initial kick speed:
Breakpoints for follow-up kicks:
67 2 (this frame cannot be reached)
--------Number of Kicks per Volley
As the skill level of dragon talon increases the number of kicks increases also in a fashion similar to that of the zeal skill, this means that there are certain breakpoints centered around this number.
The kicks per volley breakpoints are: