d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 3 > D3 Discussion > No Necromancer In D3 So Far... But Why?
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 212.00
Apr 25 2011 10:11am
Not everyone has been gaming since 1998 Diablo 1 ><

You have to understand that all this newschool flavor
is designed to draw in middle-school to high-school aged kids

They could give a shit less about mid 20 year old to late 20 year old gamers
Older gamers eventually get chicks pregnant and then don't play video games anymore :P
Or at best, get an hour a night or some sad shit
Gold: 0.29
Warn: 10%
Apr 25 2011 10:12am
Quote (Habakkuk22 @ Apr 25 2011 10:11am)

Older gamers eventually get chicks pregnant and then don't play video games anymore :P

:rofl:
Gold: 6.00
Apr 25 2011 10:20am
Quote (penoyman @ Apr 25 2011 06:12pm)
:rofl:

this
Gold: 85.00
Apr 25 2011 12:31pm
cuz its a new game.
Gold: 125.00
Apr 25 2011 02:14pm
Quote (Habakkuk22 @ Apr 25 2011 09:11am)

I played 1996 Diablo (It was released 1996 November I think?). But I'm 21, not mid-late 20's ^_^
Gold: 25,000.13
Apr 25 2011 03:38pm
Quote (Canadian_Man @ Apr 25 2011 01:14pm)
I played 1996 Diablo (It was released 1996 November I think?). But I'm 21, not mid-late 20's ^_^

so if my math is right... you played at age 6 or so?

unless you mean you played the 1996 version... not played it IN 1996

or you have bad parents :P
Gold: 150.00
Warn: 100%
Apr 25 2011 03:42pm
Quote (Canadian_Man @ 23 Apr 2011 00:35)
I was reading the Diablo 3 Wiki, and it was really interesting. I may read the Diablo trilogy which looks to be quite interesting.

Anyways, here's why I am wondering if Blizzard may not even know their own lore:

Sanctuary is a basically Earth in Diablo. It's where all humans live. Heaven and Hell both fought over Sanctuary; neither ever managed to succeed in taking it. Eventually, like-minded angels and demons gathered with Inarius at Sanctuary, where Inarius created the World Stone (which shielded Sanctuary from the heavens and hells, where like-minded angels and demons who were fed up with heaven and hell could live peacefully together). Humans are "nephalems". Nephalems are the byproduct of angels and demons getting together and doing the nasty. Anyways, a byproduct of the creation of Sanctuary (or something like that), was Trang'Oul. Trang'Oul went unnoticed by Inarius (the brother of Tyrael), and taught some of the first Nephalems the art of necromancy. Trang'Oul comes close to a god-like state of power, but it's uncertain where he really stands... and it's unclear what he's doing (I don't know). It would be cool to see Trang'Oul in D3.

Now, here's some important information: The World Stone was altered by Inarius in an attempt to reduce the power of the nephalems. The first generation of Nephalems (one of which made by the pairing of the angel Inarius and demon Lilith) was more powerful than both of them, and they fought over being the favorite of their child. Ultimately the power of the nephalems brought Inarius to alter the worldstone to reduce the power of nephalems generation by generation. Lilith also slayed all the other angels and demons in Sanctuary (something like that).

Anyways, Trang'Oul is the major nasty powerful dragon who goes to the trouble of teaching Nephalems the art of necromacy. He is basically some big badass who helped the nephalems gain power and champion their world as heroes. And that's what Diablo is all about: The people (nephalems) fighting to champion evil (or any opposing force) which might threaten their existence. Necromacy is one of the first arts taught to them in order to give them power. In fact, the later generations of Nephalems had to be taught or coaxed into learning/attaining their powers (unlike the previous generations which just inherently could do magic and have power), so necromacy is one of the arts which is important to be taught.

So anyways, I think because of how important necromacy is in Diablo... I wonder why instead of a necromancer, we have a god damn witch doctor instead. -_-

There's lots of cool lore to Diablo, an actual story line... and Blizzard is messing it up... maybe?

I used to love playing a necromancer in Diablo 1. I had an epic fight with the butcher and my Necro.

That mother dropped me my first Obsidian ring of the zodiac.

This post was edited by FatZero on Apr 25 2011 03:44pm
Gold: 24,243.77
Apr 25 2011 04:10pm
Damn,necromancers are powerful and interesting characters.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 40%
Apr 25 2011 04:12pm
Good points but the Diablo 3 design team must've seriously been unable to come up with anything refreshing for the necromancer and honestly concluded that they can't make a Diablo 3 class out of it if there's hardly anything they wanna change.
Sure they brought back the Barbarian, but look at how revamped his skills are; nothing like Diablo 2. The point is they can't think of any way to make the necromancer a Diablo 3 class (enhanced and renovated).

As far as your Demon hunter criticism goes... what's so ridiculous about it? You don't seem to be complaining about the amazon or assassin in d2, so why is a clever hybrid of both a bad thing if they can simply build a background story to the lore? Do you reckon the Druid sounded very fitting before the expansion came out? Let's be honest; despite the lack of a set-up in the lore for Demon Hunters, not only can that be fixed just by additional lore, but the Demon Hunter is a COMPLETELY fitting class archetype for Diablo gameplay.

On the necromancers, I can't remember the source but it's been hinted that they're going to be seen in the story, although as NPCs if anything.

This post was edited by Edyrem on Apr 25 2011 04:17pm
Gold: 125.00
Apr 25 2011 04:52pm
Quote (Nocturnalshadow @ Apr 25 2011 02:38pm)
so if my math is right... you played at age 6 or so?

unless you mean you played the 1996 version... not played it IN 1996

or you have bad parents :P

I played the game the year it came out. If it came out in '96 then I played it in '96.

I was seven I think. Idk.

Quote (Edyrem @ Apr 25 2011 03:12pm)
Good points but the Diablo 3 design team must've seriously been unable to come up with anything refreshing for the necromancer and honestly concluded that they can't make a Diablo 3 class out of it if there's hardly anything they wanna change.
Sure they brought back the Barbarian, but look at how revamped his skills are; nothing like Diablo 2. The point is they can't think of any way to make the necromancer a Diablo 3 class (enhanced and renovated).

As far as your Demon hunter criticism goes... what's so ridiculous about it? You don't seem to be complaining about the amazon or assassin in d2, so why is a clever hybrid of both a bad thing if they can simply build a background story to the lore? Do you reckon the Druid sounded very fitting before the expansion came out? Let's be honest; despite the lack of a set-up in the lore for Demon Hunters, not only can that be fixed just by additional lore, but the Demon Hunter is a COMPLETELY fitting class archetype for Diablo gameplay.

On the necromancers, I can't remember the source but it's been hinted that they're going to be seen in the story, although as NPCs if anything.

The problem with the demon hunter is it's dual-wielding crossbows. I'd have liked something a little more magic-oriented (hell, the barbarian uses more magic), rather than doing flips in the air while shooting an automatic in each hand.

This post was edited by Canadian_Man on Apr 25 2011 04:54pm
Go Back To D3 Discussion Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll