d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Small Friends List Addition
Prev137383940Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 14.84
Mar 1 2021 11:22am
Bump
Mar 6 2021 03:40pm
Bump
Gold: 10,687.34
Warn: 90%
Mar 7 2021 10:50am
Eh. At first I liked the idea but I have decided it was not needed and it could cause problems for some people. It also puts an unnecessary load on the site and would increase the chances for people to have flood control issues.

This post was edited by Sempervirens on Mar 7 2021 11:17am
Gold: 333.33
Mar 7 2021 12:06pm
I didn’t like the idea at first but I love it now
Mar 7 2021 02:33pm
Quote (Sempervirens @ Mar 7 2021 11:50am)
Eh. At first I liked the idea but I have decided it was not needed and it could cause problems for some people. It also puts an unnecessary load on the site and would increase the chances for people to have flood control issues.

lol what? Please stop spamming my threads.

Quote (ALBINO_RHINO @ Mar 7 2021 01:06pm)
I didn’t like the idea at first but I love it now

tyvm for support :)
Mar 7 2021 02:59pm
Quote (Epiphany @ 7 Mar 2021 12:33)
lol what? Please stop spamming my threads.

tyvm for support :)

Not spam.

I believe viewing profiles causes load on the site and it would be unnecessary as someone can already Pm or send gold other ways. The current ways are more or less designed around how the site already works.

Implementing this would change the direction of traffic in which a user uses the site and it could happen long term and to a larger amount of users on the site. Again I believe this would increase the load on the site itself alongside any other users personal experience they have on their end. Rinse and repeat you end of with many problems for very little benefits.

At some point newer and returning users to the site may end up posting topics in general help asking why they have problems with flood control and now they are restricted from being able to View Profiles for an unknown amount of time. The Community will help and it will all work out but in the end it just is not needed.

More important if I want to Pm a friend or send them some forum gold I feel like it is better to look at their current profile and see what is up. Some people get personal here and sharing it in different ways with our profiles is a great feature. It can be especially nice when they have an ongoing Blog to read and possibly get involved with. Again if you want to send someone a pm and they have active blogs going that can be a good conversation starter and more.

I say go with the flow that is already here and make the best use of it.

If I need to be direct then okay. This suggestion you have is counter productive to many of the possibilities the site has to offer.

This post was edited by Sempervirens on Mar 7 2021 03:01pm
Gold: 946.60
Mar 7 2021 03:10pm
Quote (Sempervirens @ Mar 7 2021 02:59pm)
Not spam.

I believe viewing profiles causes load on the site and it would be unnecessary as someone can already Pm or send gold other ways. The current ways are more or less designed around how the site already works.

Implementing this would change the direction of traffic in which a user uses the site and it could happen long term and to a larger amount of users on the site. Again I believe this would increase the load on the site itself alongside any other users personal experience they have on their end. Rinse and repeat you end of with many problems for very little benefits.

At some point newer and returning users to the site may end up posting topics in general help asking why they have problems with flood control and now they are restricted from being able to View Profiles for an unknown amount of time. The Community will help and it will all work out but in the end it just is not needed.

More important if I want to Pm a friend or send them some forum gold I feel like it is better to look at their current profile and see what is up. Some people get personal here and sharing it in different ways with our profiles is a great feature. It can be especially nice when they have an ongoing Blog to read and possibly get involved with. Again if you want to send someone a pm and they have active blogs going that can be a good conversation starter and more.

I say go with the flow that is already here and make the best use of it.

If I need to be direct then okay. This suggestion you have is counter productive to many of the possibilities the site has to offer.

This feature hes offering would actually skip viewing profile and would cause less flood, it's the same icon that is accessible next to everyone's gold to by pass going to there profiles.

You would never have to go to a top friends profile to pm or send gold ever with this.

Oh after reading your full wall of text you managed to contradict yourself, as you first say viewing profiles would cause a flood on the site, and then go on to say you want to view people's profiles to see what's up, more spam from the man.

This post was edited by Bigworm on Mar 7 2021 03:16pm
Mar 7 2021 08:53pm
Quote (Bigworm @ 7 Mar 2021 13:10)
This feature hes offering would actually skip viewing profile and would cause less flood, it's the same icon that is accessible next to everyone's gold to by pass going to there profiles.

You would never have to go to a top friends profile to pm or send gold ever with this.

Oh after reading your full wall of text you managed to contradict yourself, as you first say viewing profiles would cause a flood on the site, and then go on to say you want to view people's profiles to see what's up, more spam from the man.

It would not skip all flood control triggers as a user would be viewing their own profile to use this site suggestion. This adds to chance of having flood control. As I stated before you can already do what is offered here and in other ways that directly go with the flow of the site. This includes ways that do not trigger the flood control that is associated with profile Viewing in any way.

If you need to send someone a pm you can send them a pm directly from the Private Messages System or you can send a pm from a topic. If you need to send someone Forum Gold you can do it from whichever topic or profile you are supposed to do that from.

If users are regularly using profiles to send forum gold and send messages, thus adding to the chance of flood control happening, a user may miss out on an opportunity to get to valuable information, trades, services, see friends updates and more in a user profiles account. As is a user is not regularly using their own profile to send people forum gold and sending PMs. As much as this site suggestion is rather liked it hasn't passed for a reason I believe I am sharing some the dynamics on why.

This post was edited by Sempervirens on Mar 7 2021 08:57pm
Gold: 946.60
Mar 12 2021 05:47pm
Quote (Sempervirens @ Mar 7 2021 08:53pm)
It would not skip all flood control triggers as a user would be viewing their own profile to use this site suggestion. This adds to chance of having flood control. As I stated before you can already do what is offered here and in other ways that directly go with the flow of the site. This includes ways that do not trigger the flood control that is associated with profile Viewing in any way.

If you need to send someone a pm you can send them a pm directly from the Private Messages System or you can send a pm from a topic. If you need to send someone Forum Gold you can do it from whichever topic or profile you are supposed to do that from.

If users are regularly using profiles to send forum gold and send messages, thus adding to the chance of flood control happening, a user may miss out on an opportunity to get to valuable information, trades, services, see friends updates and more in a user profiles account. As is a user is not regularly using their own profile to send people forum gold and sending PMs. As much as this site suggestion is rather liked it hasn't passed for a reason I believe I am sharing some the dynamics on why.

I did not say it would skip all flooding? If you read my statement instead of spewing some random long mass text you wouldn't have needed to waste your time, you again havent made any sense and you go circles in everything you post, you seem to not be able to grasp what is being offered, this bolded part wouldn't happen with this suggestion, I await your paragraph of meaninglessness.

I would almost call you a good troll, but from the amount of money iyou spend on star upgrades/forum gold you actually think your add value with these comments.

Your stance is that it will cause flood, when it meant to do the opposite, I feeI like I need to talk to you like your a child, and even then you still wouldn't understand the suggestion.

The orginal poster has PM me saying not to respond because he has delt with you before so this seems like harassment towards the OP at this point I will leave this at that.

This post was edited by Bigworm on Mar 12 2021 06:15pm
Mar 13 2021 06:05am
Quote (Bigworm @ 12 Mar 2021 15:47)
I did not say it would skip all flooding? If you read my statement instead of spewing some random long mass text you wouldn't have needed to waste your time, you again havent made any sense and you go circles in everything you post, you seem to not be able to grasp what is being offered, this bolded part wouldn't happen with this suggestion, I await your paragraph of meaninglessness.

I would almost call you a good troll, but from the amount of money iyou spend on star upgrades/forum gold you actually think your add value with these comments.

Your stance is that it will cause flood, when it meant to do the opposite, I feeI like I need to talk to you like your a child, and even then you still wouldn't understand the suggestion.

The orginal poster has PM me saying not to respond because he has delt with you before so this seems like harassment towards the OP at this point I will leave this at that.

Not responding or accusing me of spam would be wrong. I could be wrong with the bolded statement. Maybe I can view my profile while on flood Control but I personally don't know if that can contribute to the flood control.

It still does not change the fact that this site suggestion redirects the flow of traffic. Again this is another reason why you should not be accusing me of spam. The redirection of traffic (due to this site feature) would likely be bad for the site.

This post was edited by Sempervirens on Mar 13 2021 06:11am
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Prev137383940Next
Closed New Topic New Poll