Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2.69
Mar 19 2011 10:57pm
Gold: 0.00
Mar 19 2011 11:00pm
No.
Gold: 6,820.00
Mar 19 2011 11:00pm
You bot and get caught... you get banned. Rank 1 player or not.

This post was edited by Shodokan on Mar 19 2011 11:00pm
Gold: 0.00
Mar 19 2011 11:01pm
Don't worry. Its okay for top world guilds to exploit. BUT IF YOU BOT YOU'RE BANNED.
Gold: 20.00
Mar 19 2011 11:55pm
Apparently a bunch of top players were banned for botting along with many others...

"If you haven’t already read on AJ, MMO-Champ, or Zilea’s blog, tons of people have been hit by a large-scale ban wave. I’m unaware of the exact logistics of it (what they were doing to get banned, how they were detected, etc.): what I do know is that quite a few top players have been banned!

Help unban Vileroze, Reckful, shouri, talbadar, Vorrent, Hoodrych, nadagst, jordons and many others who randomly got perma banned. Sign the petition and send it to everyone you know. http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/freeshouri/signatures

This was being passed around last night on Skype. As you can see from the list, quite a few top players have been hit pretty hard (exactly how many of these players have really been hit is unknown). Regardless, this ban hammer has essentially opened quite a few windows of opportunity. Looking at r1 teams, Ruin and Whirlwind are now “open BGs” – the r1 teams are unable to defend their positions/have no incentive to do so. We’ll see what happens in the coming weeks?"

I doubt the people who were banned will get it reversed though.
Gold: 4,051.00
Mar 19 2011 11:58pm
Quote (Bren89 @ Mar 19 2011 09:55pm)
Apparently a bunch of top players were banned for botting along with many others...

"If you haven’t already read on AJ, MMO-Champ, or Zilea’s blog, tons of people have been hit by a large-scale ban wave.  I’m unaware of the exact logistics of it (what they were doing to get banned, how they were detected, etc.): what I do know is that quite a few top players have been banned!

Help unban Vileroze, Reckful, shouri, talbadar, Vorrent, Hoodrych, nadagst, jordons and many others who randomly got perma banned. Sign the petition and send it to everyone you know. http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/freeshouri/signatures

This was being passed around last night on Skype.  As you can see from the list, quite a few top players have been hit pretty hard (exactly how many of these players have really been hit is unknown).  Regardless, this ban hammer has essentially opened quite a few windows of opportunity.  Looking at r1 teams, Ruin and Whirlwind are now “open BGs” – the r1 teams are unable to defend their positions/have no incentive to do so.  We’ll see what happens in the coming weeks?"

yep, my arena partners to now i have no drive to play wow without any partners lol
Gold: 23,425.00
Mar 20 2011 12:00am
They deserve it. If they want to risk botting, that's just what happens sometimes.

If i was to bot, I would be expecting to see my account banned when I get home from work everyday.

This post was edited by j1a2y3d4e5n6 on Mar 20 2011 12:01am
Gold: 1,100.00
Mar 20 2011 12:10am
Quote (Bren89 @ Mar 20 2011 05:55am)

"If you haven’t already read on AJ, MMO-Champ, or Zilea’s blog, tons of people have been hit by a large-scale ban wave.  I’m unaware of the exact logistics of it (what they were doing to get banned, how they were detected, etc.): what I do know is that quite a few top players have been banned!

This was being passed around last night on Skype.  As you can see from the list, quite a few top players have been hit pretty hard (exactly how many of these players have really been hit is unknown).  Regardless, this ban hammer has essentially opened quite a few windows of opportunity.  Looking at r1 teams, Ruin and Whirlwind are now “open BGs” – the r1 teams are unable to defend their positions/have no incentive to do so.  We’ll see what happens in the coming weeks?"

deserving.
Gold: 4,051.00
Mar 20 2011 12:14am
everyone who botted, deserved the ban, they were cheating only problem is how it effects other players
i wish it was a 72 hour suspension
but since it was a massive wave ban and this game relays so much on other players to do anything just sucks
Gold: 21.00
Mar 20 2011 12:16am
Quote (Wowice @ Mar 20 2011 06:14am)
everyone who botted, deserved the ban, they were cheating only problem is how it effects other players
i wish it was a 72 hour suspension
but since it was a massive wave ban and this game relays so much on other players to do anything just sucks

should have thought about that before they used them

id expect to get banned using a bot too

i mean if ur playing on ur account 24/7 every day

shit isnt obv already
Go Back To World of Warcraft Topic List
1236Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll