d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Low Level Dueling > Mld Fury Guide > Rough Draft Only
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 0.01
Jan 6 2011 01:10pm
*This is only a rough draft. Opinions/feedback are all welcomed. If I made a mistake (probably made a lot lol) please correct me*

Introduction

So there aren't any mld fury guides posted (at least none I can find anyways lol) so I thought I'd write one up. I've played lld, mld, and hld fury druids so I know a bit on how they work. They are a fun build and take a lot of patience and skill to play and are one of the most underused classes. So if you're not into standard c/c builds or tired of them I'd suggest try making a fury druid. So let's get started.

Gear:

Helm:

Jalal's mane
Very cheap and a really good fury helm. Every mod on this helm, fhr, + skill, + stat, resis are all beneficiary. Socket this with a fhr/ed/stat jewel. This will be your overall helm.

Guillaume's Face
This is a really good helm when facing melee characters. Gives you fhr, ds, cb, +str. Use this helm against melee characters that are giving you a hard time which will most likely be zealers and barbs. Socket this with a fhr/ed/stat jewel

+3 ss 30 frw 2os circlet
Another cheap helm. This is used against casters and ranged characters when you need the extra frw. Socket this with 2x fhr/ed/stat jewel.

Armor:

Shaftstop
This is will be your main armor against melee characters. The 30%dr is extremely important. Socket this with a fhr/ed/stat jewel

4os 80-100 life ds
This will be used mostly against casters like fohers, cold sorcs, etc. You'll have 2 of these armors in stash each with 4x fhr/ed/str/cold or lightning jewels (use the respectable armor depending on which character you're facing)

Duriel's Shell
If you can't afford the lifer armor. This is a really good armor vs cold sorcs. Gives you an 20 all resis and 50 cold resis. Socket this with a fhr/ed/str/cold jewel or thul if you're poor

Lionheart
Another cheap armor if you're poor. Gives you just about everything (+ all 4 stats, life, enhanced damage, resis)

Smoke
Again if you're really poor this armor gives 50 to all resis but most likely you're gonna have enough funds to avoid this lol

Shields:

Whitstan's Guard
Very good shield that will save you a lot of points when trying to acheive max block. Socket this with a shael.

Artistan's Hyperion of Deflection (30/20 3os)
Socket this with a shael for the 48% fbr and 2x fhr/ed/stat jewels. Another shield vs melee characters.

Sanctuary Hyperion or Dragon Shield
Depends on whether you want -frw or not. Simple shield. If you're lacking resis a lot. You can also bm against casters with the slow missle charges :P

Rings:

Ravenfrost:
This ring is always going to be on. The CBF is very important and its a really good melee ring.

Rare Ar, Dual stat ring
This will be your 2nd ring but if you can't afford one of these then just slap on a 2nd raven.

Dwarfs:
Keep these in your stash against fire sorcs

Angelics:
Combined with Angelic Ammy gives you a significant boost in ar but you won't need it. Fury druids are capable of getting high ar without these. Against really high def chars like pally or barbs you might need to use it.

Ammy:

+3 ss 90-100 life ammy
This is your overall ammy. Gives you a hugh boost in life. Very hard to be compared to and cheap too :P

Angelics:
Use it with Angelic Ring if needed (Already explained above)

Rare +1 druid/+2 ss 10 frw +life crafted ammy
If you can get your hands on one of these why not? It'll be used against casters when you need extra frw.

Gloves:

Bloodfists:
Only 1 you should use. The fhr these gloves gives are extremely important and it gives you a really good boost in life.

Belts:

String of Ears
This is will be used when you're facing melee characters. Try to get a 15% dr one. Very cheap shoudn't be a problem

Thundergods
Against lightning based characters

M'avina's Tenet
Very useful belt against casters mostly for the +20 frw

Boots:

Gore Riders
Your overall boots. Good frw gives you ds, cb, ow so why not?

Aldur Boots
If you need extra frw use these especially if you need fire resis. Gives a lot of life as well

Rare 30 frw tri resis boots
If you can get your hands on a pair of these, it'll be used against casters if you need extra resis

Natalya's Soul
Very cheap boots. Gives you 40 frw and cold/lightning resis so its a good pair of boots if you need to stack. Try to get high resis on these.

Weapon:
This is the difficult part. Only the ias on the weapon matters so when it comes down to it, you need a weapon that does a lot of damage but at the same time is really fast otherwise it's useless. Your weapons you use might vary depending on what character you are facing

1 hander:

Eth Oath Knout (Range 3):
Very fast weapon. Get it made in an eth knout since oath gives you the indestructible mode. Try to roll a 325% or more ed.

Eth Oath Small Crescant (Range 2):
Not as fast as the knout but gives you a shit load of damage. Try to roll a 325% or more ed.

300+ed Ataghan with base 40 ias, 2os eth/rep if possible (Range 1)
This is a very rare weapon. If you can get your hands on one of these you'll be hitting hard and fast at the same time. Im not sure if its 2x shaels or 2x 30ed/15 ias jewels is needed to hit the bp.

2 hander:

Eth Oath Feral Axe (Range 3)
Very hard hitting weapon and has decent speed. Only downside is the range. When facing casters range is very important

300+ed Grim Scythe or Bec-De-Corbain with base 40 ias, 2os eth/rep if possible
If you can get your hands on one of these, it's a decent 2 hander. You got the range but the damage won't be as high but daamge isn't everything. I believe its a 1x shael + 1 x 30ed/15 ias jewel for the bp? I could be mistaken =S

Charms:
If you're poor you can go with 10x ss gcs. If you can afford the charms go for 3/xx/20s ofc. If you're going with gcs, try to get close if not 30 life gcs. And then fill the rest of the spots with 10x max/ar/life charms. Keep life/resis, frw/resis scs in stash too depending on the situation. Keep a couple fhr charms to incase you need to hit the breakpoints.

Stat Points

Stats:
Str: Enough for gear
Dex: Enough for max block
Vitality: Rest of your points
Energy: None

Skill Points:

Max Lycanthrophy
Max Fury
1 pt into oak
1 pt into each pre-req
Rest into Werewolf

*Some might put a point in wolves, but in lld/mld I don't find it really that useful. But then again it could come in handy*

Strategies:

I'm not really that good with giving people strategies lol. I'm more of a guy that finds it best to learn first hand and duel each respective classes. That way you have some sense in what to do. Like every sorc isn't gonna play the same way lol. Some will be very defensive, some will be very offensive. And also I'm too lazy to write this part :P

Important notes:
Try to get a really fast and strong weapon for both 1 or 2 handed. Always hit the 48% fbr rate and either hit the 42 or 86 bp.

Again this is just a rough draft. Please help me fix it. I'm sure I made a lot of mistakes. Thx again.

Tim

This post was edited by wats_gud2 on Jan 6 2011 01:12pm
Jan 6 2011 03:13pm
Well too late to edit now. But if anyone has screenshots of their mld druids they would like to share please feel free to post them. I had a couple of mine but I reformatted my computer so they're gone :(
Gold: 2,043.01
Jan 7 2011 12:25am
Very nice Tim. I know you said you didn't wanna do strategies, however I would try to at least do a very basic strat section. Also, try to found out if its 2 shaels, or 2x 15/30's ^_^ Otherwise very naice.
Gold: 61,711.69
Jan 7 2011 04:29am
=============================================================================

Can you talk some more about the shael in the shield, does the FBR help a little?
Edit: I did my own research. in particular for dudu, shael in shield looks like an extremely sound thing to do, especially as fury is interuptable.

Grim Scythe: -10speed, 75IAS for the fastest attack possible with fury (Range 5)
Ataghan: -10speed, 75IAS (71, lets not squabble ok? ^___^') for the fastest attack possible with fury. So if you have 40IAS base you need x1 shael and x1 15/30 (range 1)

=============================================================================

Before I say anything else I have to repeat myself:

1. Fury Druids are fun to play with.
2. Fury Druids do not excel @ 49 vs 95% of builds.
3. Fury Druids need Range and FRW to catch opponents.

So from that, while I acknowledge everyones love of the fastest weapons (i.e. 300+ed Ataghan with base 40 ias, 2os eth/rep if possible (Range 1)) I will never use such a weapon because you simply will never hit most opponents. This is why you won't see me advocating Either a Oath SC (Range 2), or Oath Feral Axe (Range 3, 2-handed) in a "dream" lvl 49 build as the range is simply too low. For 1-handed weapons you simply NEED a range 3 weapon vs MOST opponents and you WANT a range 4-5 with a 2-handed setup. By all means, wear Oath SC/Feral Axe/Rare (fast) Ataghan, but always remember that there are other weapons out there (not many!) that, while they have less damage, have better range. In relation to FRW I will sacrifice alot of life in order to maintain decent FRW.

In relation to the guide:

In the Belts section I would take out Duriels Shell as a plain 8x-100 life armour (even ancient) can be self found after an hour or so from vendors in hell. they are also very cheap to buy, when not perfect. While there is a frw penalty, the mods gained outweigh using duriels shell. I would have a similar opinion of Smoke and Lionheart. If you want cold resistance and you are on a budget, wear a raven and get a 4 sox armor with x4 30-40 cold res (other mods ofc desired, but not needed).

An addition to the belts section: Crafted Belts. Crafted belts are an additional source of Open Wounds, which you can only get from certain gear. They can also spawn with high life (80), Dual Res (30+30) and 24FHR. The only issue is that String of Ears is simply better vs Melee (in terms of life) and Mavina's Belt is a quick and easy way to add 20 FRW. However, the FHR, High Life and Res might keep you alive longer vs casters (and its good to have Open Wounds vs them). I'm still working on my FHR for my druid ( I have not decided on what breakpoint to go for, especially vs fast opponents such as Zealers/Barbs ), but belts are a great way of getting alot of FHR from another item.

Belts:

String of Ears
This is will be used when you're facing melee characters. Try to get a 15% dr one. Very cheap shoudn't be a problem

Thundergods
Against lightning based characters

M'avina's Tenet
Very useful belt against casters mostly for the +20 frw

Craft Belt
Very useful for gaining additional resistances and FHR and high life. Useful against casters, or where you dont need DR.

I added a bit to the 3/100 amulet section and removed a bit from your angelic section (re: not needing the ar, more on that in a later post)

I would split Rare amulet / Crafted amulet into two seperate headings. As in Rare Amulet and Crafted Amulet. In relation to Crafted amulets: An additional Source of FRW is from a Crafted Amulet. Crafted Amulets can have High Life, much needed resistances and FRW. As you will struggle without alot of FRW, having items with FRW, while maintaining good resistances/life is a bonus. The only issue is that very few people craft these items so they will be hard to find/get.

Angelics:
Combined with Angelic Ammy gives you a significant boost in ar. Against really high def chars like pally or barbs you might need to use it.

Ammy:

+3 ss 90-100 life ammy
This is your overall ammy. Gives you a hugh boost in life. Very hard to be compared to and cheap too :P Note that if you Cube switch to SS a 3shape amulet can be used to gain the life bonus and you can then wear an alternate amulet (for instances, vs Paladins/Barbs angelic combo gives AR and 80? life).

Angelics:
Use it with Angelic Ring if needed (Already explained above)

Rare +1 druid/+2 ss + life Amulet
Can be used as base amulet or as a switch amulet (if it has high Str.) f you are looking for a switch amulet to gain 15 Strength to wear a High requirements item (like an Oath Feral Axe) a 1 druid 15Str 60 Life + adds amulet might be what you want in stash. Rares can often spawn with alot of mods, however I would not build my standard build around the Str/Dex as you will want to use angelic's in certain matches.

Crafted 1 Druid 10 frw +life crafted ammy
Another source of FRW is from a crafted Amulet. 1 Druid 10 FRW 80 life + high res is desired. The build needs alot of FRW to catch opponents.

In the shield section, I Guess I should shael my shield^^ but i'm not too fond on the requirements of a Hyperion shield which you have listed. In relation to Oath Feral, or any High Ed Weapon, I dont use it vs Barbs or in a "standard setup", I get STR from my stash items to wear it (i.e. 15 str Ring, 15 str Amulet, IK Gloves, TG or IK Belt). i.e. the requirements of Hyperion are too high for me unless i put x2 -requirements into it. I would much prefer a ADSOD or even a whitstans, or failing those, a ATSOD. This all goes back to the fact that I dont rely on High ED Range 3 (only) weapon to win, as Im consious that I need better range. By stating so much STR for the shield, you are losing alot of life.

In the Gloves section, while Bloodfists give alot of great mods (including a massive 30FHR) you dont need all that FHR vs Sorc's, so if you have a high requirement 2-handed weapon, Ik Gloves (or Rare Gloves with Dual Stats) is an option.

Gloves:

Bloodfists:
These will be your main gloves.The fhr these gloves gives are extremely important and it gives you a really good boost in life.

IK Gloves:
These will be the gloves you wear when you want to wear a big High-Str requirement 2-handed weapon. Grim Scythe has High Str/Dex Requirements, an Oath Feral Axe has Huge Str Requirements.[/center]

This post was edited by ferdia on Jan 7 2011 04:59am
Jan 7 2011 05:05am
double post^ sry,

I think for 86 FHR, while maintaining 45% DR, (so vs Barb, Zealers) you want the following setup:
Bloodfists (30FHR) + Gulli or jalal with a FHR Jewel (37FHR) + Shaft with a FHR Jewel (7FHR) + Shield, 1 Shael x2 Fhr Jewels (14FHR) = 86 FHR

I dont think there is a better setup to attain that lvl of FHR vs melee unless you want to use 1 less fhr jewel and use 1 sc's 5fhr + adds.

This post was edited by ferdia on Jan 7 2011 05:06am
Jan 8 2011 09:53am
in relation to skill distribution, I attain 9K+ Ar by maxing fury and lycanthrop, 1 point oak (on 45dr setup)

and 16 remaining stat points.

if i stat 16 into werewolf-> +3K ar
if i stat 16 into Oak -> +1100 life

i would be more inclined to max oak if only because i play so much tvt and it will help my allies alot.

also

in relation to angelic's, the ar bonus from angelic's vs 2 ravens + a rare or craft amulet is so negligable as to force me to forget about using angelic's.

ill try to upgrade some charms and post different setup stats later. its by no means brilliant, but, there is some progress.

finally i might also try to incorperate rare gloves into my setup, as in str dex + alot of res. will have to see what i can get and will need to comparevs bloodfists. i have problems with res on DuDu, hence the thought.

This post was edited by ferdia on Jan 8 2011 10:09am
Feb 16 2011 09:06pm
Bump ty for posting Ferdia. I'll update the guide once I'm done my paper. Reading week is coming up soon so perhaps then.
Gold: 117.00
Feb 16 2011 10:12pm
nice, i remember playing on ur fury long ago, was fun, but limited vs a most mld builds
Go Back To Low Level Dueling Topic List
Add Reply New Topic