d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides >
Poll > Bigsticks Cs/pvm - Windforce Guide - 1.13
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 5.50
Oct 24 2010 12:24am
Introduction
Hello! I've finally put down my ChaosAmazon to a complete guide, after friends have been asking me how I've made it.
I also noticed that all the other bow/chaos guides were really outdated(from 2006 or 2008) so I thought that it was time for me to contribute with an update.
This amazon clears shenk+little-dude-by-the-wp+nithlatak+chaos in about 5-6minutes in a closed game.(This includes going to town, IDing and selling w/e items you find + running from WP to CHAOS)
Havn't checked how long it takes in a 8player game, and I probably won't. (Atm I kill the venom lords with 3-4 multi and all others with 2-3multi, but as you spam the arrows at increadible speed, it won't take much longer to kill any monster in a 8player game)
I hope you'll find this guide somewhat good and giving, if you have any questions or something to point out, the feel free!

Goals
DMG (As much as possible!)
IAS (95, highest BP with WF)
FRW (As much as possible!)

Stats
Str - 134 (Enough to use WF, however WF gives additional +10str, so you'll get 144str)
Dex - ALL
Vita - None
Energy - None

Skills The level of the skill is ALWAYS calculated WITH FULL equip on.
Guided Arrow - MAX
Kinda explanis itself don't you think?
Multiple Arrows - 21
The mana cost gets too damn high after this :3
Magic Arrow - MAX
This is to kill the phys immunes, I've tried making hybrid thingy, but this works 10times better. I also noticed that somebody had done a guide with Cold Arrow to kill phys, but I (personally) find magic arrow better, as it don't cost no mana nor any arrows.
Pierce - 9
The piercing % will be at 69 at level 9, razortail belt gives 33% so, 69+33 = 102 = 102% Piercing. Ain't that godlike?
Valkyrie - 17
Level 17, when you're using your harmony which you have on switch. I'll get back to this later on.**
Penetrate - MAX
More AR = More hits = More DPS = faster Killing = better.
Critical Hit - REST
I've thought about this, my conclusion about what to do with rest of the skill points, where that it would be best to put them here.

Equipment This is what I use on my Bower.
Weapon - Windforce 'Shael'
You could put 15/40 in the weap too, but then you must gain the last 5ias from other parts of the equipment, e.g. from a 2socked helm
Armor - Forti Great Hauberk - 14%eDef 30@ 1.5hp/lvl
What armor you have the forti in, doesn't really matter. Just keep the str req of the armor lower than 134, as that is the str req for WF
Gloves - Laying of hands - Perf(Selffound)
There is no other choice for a chaos/pvm bower, 20ias, 350% dmg to demons AND FIREres. (You might think about KB? you get KB from WF :) )
Amulet - Cat's Eye
Yet again, there is no other choice than cat's for a bower. It gives ias/frw/dex, what more can you ask?
Boots - War Travelers - Perf(Selffound)
There is constant squabbling about what boots to use on Bower, well WT is the best imo, works the best with atleast this build. +str and +dmg are the best assets, they also have a bit of MF, which can be helpfull :).
Belt - Razortail
The belt gives Pierce(33%) thus with lvl 9(69%) Pierce through skills, you gain over 100% Pierce. Which is the goal. WIN!
Ring1 - Raven Frost
Get the best possible stats you can achieve for the raven. additional dex gives more dmg and more ar, and more ar = more hits = faster killing = win.
Ring2 - LL ring (*I'll post picture of my Ring @ the end of the guide)
This ring is pretty much a must. Without LifeLeech, you'll die. get high stats and res on the ring if you can, otherwise you can always just use BK(which may be a cheaper choice)
Helm - Ama FRW Circ (*I'll post picture of my Circ @ the end of the guide)
Try to find a Circ with +2ama 30frw +adds(str/life/res/dex/LL/ML/mana) any stats are usefull. You Could try to find one with 2sockets(You can put 2*ias jewels in it, and use 15/40 in WF) or 1socket(You MUST put 15ias jewel in it, and put shael in WF)
on Swith
Weapon - **Harmony
This weapon is worth every fg I put into it. (which was about 5.. ;P)
It gives Vigor aura(when you've cleaned an area and need to run back through it, or just when running in town or w/e)
And it also gives +3valk(+valk is capped for Amazons at +3, so getting a harmony with more than +3 would just be a waste. Mine gives +5~~)

Inventory the items pretty much explain themself imo.
Tome of townportals
Anni
Torch

I'm using 1.12torch as I only do closed chaosruns or together with friends, so the games don't drop for me.
But if you have a thing for open games etc, then you probably get 1.13torch as the bower trigger the firestorm quite often.
Gheed's

Merc The key to this build.
Weapon - Faith - Minimum level 13 Aura.
With WF and 95ias from your total equip, you'll need a lvl 13fanatism aura to reach the last ias BP.
Armory - Forti/Kiras (is what I use, you can use other equipment too, but I find this the best one for me.)

Screenshots
*Ring+Circlet

Full picture of Cmdr

Creds goes to these two guides also, they were my inspiration and where I got all info about amazons from.

Krembanan's Windforce With Faith Rouge Guide > PvM
Cs Bowazon By Lemon > guide by lemonfish

Regards
Bigstick

Gold: 41.00
Oct 24 2010 01:32am
Is gfg TYYYYYY
Oct 24 2010 02:00am
Quote (Styxzz @ 24 Oct 2010 08:32)
Is gfg TYYYYYY

what does "gfg" mean? :O
I take it as you like it?
Gold: 3.50
Oct 24 2010 04:57am
Love your ama! Lovely guide mate! easy to understand, and cheap to build, om nom nom nom nom nom nom nom! :D

Only thing i can possibly add, is the type of armor you use, should just be mentioned, that heavy armors drags your frw down a bit (dunno if it matter when you are using harmony ^^), bp and lp skins counts as light armor and wont touch your frw!

speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed weeeeeeeee :D

Gratz on making a nizzleness guide!
Gold: 151.00
Oct 24 2010 04:58am
Thanks but i prefer the oldschool build -
Oct 24 2010 05:04am
Quote (TomsOfCrubles @ 24 Oct 2010 11:57)
Love your ama! Lovely guide mate! easy to understand, and cheap to build, om nom nom nom nom nom nom nom! :D

Only thing i can possibly add, is the type of armor you use, should just be mentioned, that heavy armors drags your frw down a bit (dunno if it matter when you are using harmony ^^), bp and lp skins counts as light armor and wont touch your frw!

speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed weeeeeeeee :D

Gratz on making a nizzleness guide!

thanks m8! :D and well didn't really even think about the armor part, but what you say is true. though it doesn't really bother me :P think it's more important in pvp. :)

Quote (yaf @ 24 Oct 2010 11:58)
Thanks but i prefer the oldschool build -http://i48.tinypic.com/3163xgl.jpg

I prefer you post the full equipment + what aura you have on you + what inventory you are using ^__^ and acctually. my build IS the oldschool build.
Gold: 151.00
Oct 24 2010 05:07am
Quote (Bigstick @ Oct 24 2010 01:04pm)
I prefer you post the full equipment + what aura you have on you + what inventory you are using ^__^ and acctually. my build IS the oldschool build.
My build can be done with 100%(well, except for merc pride, but that is not a crucial one, reaper's also works good) 1.08 items. yours depends on 1.10 items AND does less DPS
Gold: 617.15
Oct 24 2010 05:17am
+little-dude-by-the-wp

lool

afk reading
Oct 24 2010 05:29am
Quote (yaf @ 24 Oct 2010 12:07)
My build can be done with 100%(well, except for merc pride, but that is not a crucial one, reaper's also works good) 1.08 items. yours depends on 1.10 items AND does less DPS

1. clear your inv, then take new s/s
2. remember the cost of ur char, and then look at the cost of mine.
3. oki ^__^ ur char can be considered more oldschool then. GZ!

btw! what ias bp do you have..? ^^

Quote (haloneya @ 24 Oct 2010 12:17)
+little-dude-by-the-wp

lool

afk reading

well! I never remember what his name is! :P

This post was edited by Bigstick on Oct 24 2010 05:37am
Gold: 2,612.00
Oct 24 2010 05:39am
nvm.

This post was edited by Dorieus on Oct 24 2010 05:39am
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List