d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Official Detroit Lions Fan Thread
Prev1599600601602603782Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6,479.31
May 28 2020 08:27am
Quote (Megatroniks @ May 28 2020 07:45am)
Thank you! Lol

Whos gonna return for us ??

Angew and hunter? Swift?

Would guess Agnew starts with return duties but it could quickly be handed to Hunter if Agnew screws up

I could see Swift getting a few touches but I think they mostly want to keep him fresh for carrying the ball. Dude is so explosive and fast though he would be a terror in the open field

This post was edited by WrathOfGod1337 on May 28 2020 08:29am
May 28 2020 08:40am
I keep reading articles about how the Lions are going to be among the worst teams in the league again, and I kinda get it. I mean, we always say this is our year and we always seem to fall flat, but I really feel like we put together a SOLID offseason and draft, addressing key areas of need such as pass protection, somehow upgrading our secondary even after losing our best DB, and adding some edge rushing to the roster - I mean 12 or so games into the season we were one of only two teams in the league who had led in every game we had played, we just couldn’t close them out. Then Stafford got hurt and that was that, but if he can stay healthy this year I really don’t see how we miss the playoffs. I don’t see any obvious holes in our roster right now, I would be pretty surprised if we post a losing record.
Gold: 0.00
May 28 2020 08:47am
Quote (SheriffCool @ May 28 2020 08:14am)
I honestly don't care what you think, so carry on if it makes you happy and gives you laughs as I have said before I don't care.

Then you should have no problem ignoring me right? ...o wait...
Gold: 0.00
May 28 2020 08:49am
Quote (WrathOfGod1337 @ May 28 2020 09:40am)
I keep reading articles about how the Lions are going to be among the worst teams in the league again, and I kinda get it. I mean, we always say this is our year and we always seem to fall flat, but I really feel like we put together a SOLID offseason and draft, addressing key areas of need such as pass protection, somehow upgrading our secondary even after losing our best DB, and adding some edge rushing to the roster - I mean 12 or so games into the season we were one of only two teams in the league who had led in every game we had played, we just couldn’t close them out. Then Stafford got hurt and that was that, but if he can stay healthy this year I really don’t see how we miss the playoffs. I don’t see any obvious holes in our roster right now, I would be pretty surprised if we post a losing record.

You should probably start watching football if you're going to have these absurd takes
Gold: 10.55
May 28 2020 09:23am
Quote (WrathOfGod1337 @ May 28 2020 07:40am)

Im with you man, im not expecting much for obvious reasons, but i think this year could be different. We're not going to set the league on fire, but i think we'll be alot better than most are expecting
May 28 2020 10:19am
Quote (Queefy @ May 28 2020 11:23am)
Im with you man, im not expecting much for obvious reasons, but i think this year could be different. We're not going to set the league on fire, but i think we'll be alot better than most are expecting

Yeah I have not yet learned to temper my hopes and expectations. I must enjoy being disappointed or something
Gold: 10.55
May 28 2020 10:24am
Quote (WrathOfGod1337 @ May 28 2020 09:19am)
Yeah I have not yet learned to temper my hopes and expectations. I must enjoy being disappointed or something

Part of me being able to lower my expectations comes from my dad, who has told me since i was a kid that he made a bet with his buddy back in the early 80's that the lions wouldnt win the super bowl in his life time, about 40 years later he's now 60 and still hasnt lost the bet lmfao.
Gold: 3,500.80
May 28 2020 03:03pm
Quote (WrathOfGod1337 @ May 28 2020 09:40am)

If Stafford is healthy for the year and the new pieces fit, I'd put the Lions over the Vikings who just dumped a lot of carcasses to make cap space and then tried to grab a WR in the first for the 67th time. Minnesota is so overhyped every year and it's been even worse since Kirk's Cousin came into the fold.
Gold: 110,124.89
May 28 2020 03:43pm
Quote (Cheesehead @ May 28 2020 05:03pm)
If Stafford is healthy for the year and the new pieces fit, I'd put the Lions over the Vikings who just dumped a lot of carcasses to make cap space and then tried to grab a WR in the first for the 67th time. Minnesota is so overhyped every year and it's been even worse since Kirk's Cousin came into the fold.

What's tough is that they really have been a good football team for multiple past years, but timing is huge is the NFL, and it seems like they get hot at the wrong time.

Injuries and curses rek them too.
Gold: 1,250.00
May 28 2020 05:29pm
Quote (Nede @ May 28 2020 10:47am)
Then you should have no problem ignoring me right? ...o wait...

LMAO, You know I normally do, but if I do then you call dodge and say some lame insert blah blah blah, so it's a doubled edged troll sword you wield as you know, no matter what you twist whatever into your web of bullshit. Just know this, I'm happy that you have some joy in life, we all need it.
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev1599600601602603782Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll