d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Low Level Dueling > Mld Ww Barb. > Guide
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: Locked
Warn: 20%
Dec 9 2009 02:03am
that's how i made my barb 2.5 years ago =) although with 1 barb 5x life 8x mana 19@ amu and 08 gloves instead. and i was using gores all the time when i didn't need res.
Gold: 0.00
Dec 9 2009 03:00am
Quote (Perserker[PvP] @ Dec 9 2009 09:03am)
that's how i made my barb 2.5 years ago =) although with 1 barb 5x life 8x mana 19@ amu and 08 gloves instead. and i was using gores all the time when i didn't need res.

^^

i doubt you focused on frw. you were like all those other barbs scaling in life and def, not in frw/mana/playstyle. those things were invented by jan, gerd, lee, joost, fer and me. but anyways... i know youll deny it after all that time.

This post was edited by dyl4nd0u on Dec 9 2009 03:01am
Gold: 426.21
Dec 9 2009 05:54am
Smiter, easy-medium.

Barbs should have a range advantage here, range 3 vs range 2. dont ww through your opponent, try to clip him instead. If they camp just ww in and ww out, never ww non stop at them giving them many hits. If they use range 2, then use your range advantage. Some smiters will charge into places they think the barb will ww to next, giving them enough time to wait and smite the barb - if they do this then the barb should also guess where the smiter will charge next as 1 of these hits (25% block on smiter) could really decide the outcome.

Well i can say: Smiters with range 2 wepons are srly stupid smiters... or fake smiter with lol charge 1hit power!
Gold: 0.04
Dec 9 2009 06:22am
Nice guide ; Makes me feel like making barb.
Dec 9 2009 06:29am
i would not agree with all those percentages/estimates as i played vs. many really really skilled players. good smiters and furys were a pain in barb's ass, i dont like the "there are no furys"-argument. ele druids never been "easy".... hmmm

anyways, i wont argue on that estimates again (as i did in the last guide thread) and i hope i can comment on the tac itself.

bowa: i like that hint with mana/stam as i never tried to play that the bowa gets out of mana/stam, good one. though those tacs are kinda vague, nothing you can deal with when youve not played x years ^^.
java: use triwhirls rounbd them so their charges hit maybe 10% / 20%, they have to move -> hit them while moving. whirl a lot in this matchup, care of your mana. poison -> dodge those clouds and hunt her down.... i mostly used antidote posts (as their build is lame enough).
sorcs: generall-> dont attack, let them come. rules say they have to and most good sorcs do so. only fall back to attack when they come really really close and dont expect youre attacking. dodging etc. is good, tacs are fine.
lib: your tacs are right. run unexpected ways and: expect his ways instead :-P
foh: tg, resarmor and honestly: namelock those newbs down.
smiter: mana, mana, mana, mana. you will run out of it and die when youre not careful. ive met many good smiths, theyre a pain.
rabies: not much to say???????? its an interesting matchup (and uberlame).... run from them in phase one (not infected) and let them run into your whirls while whirling in another direction. when you get hit (phase two) run after them as they will flee... predict runways and make as many hits as possible.
fury: see smite, but furys have more dmg but they hit less so you have to dal with chance/luck. sometimes they hit hard.... but never try to tank them when theyre really good.
trap: hit them while laying traps and run around to trigger traps. maybe she will run out of mana in this time and all traps fade away: shes fucked :-D predict runways, shes quick!
nec tac is fine, maybe too much trouble 'bout an inferior opponent.

you fogot about bvb.... but that doesnt matter, i like that attitude. :--------P

This post was edited by dyl4nd0u on Dec 9 2009 06:30am
Dec 9 2009 07:41am
Quote (dyl4nd0u @ 9 Dec 2009 11:00)
^^

i doubt you focused on frw. you were like all those other barbs scaling in life and def, not in frw/mana/playstyle. those things were invented by jan, gerd, lee, joost, fer and me. but anyways... i know youll deny it after all that time.

they even did that on east before, lol. see mew's barb f.ex.

Quote (dyl4nd0u @ 9 Dec 2009 14:29)
i would not agree with all those percentages/estimates as i played vs. many really really skilled players. good smiters and furys were a pain in barb's ass, i dont like the "there are no furys"-argument. ele druids never been "easy".... hmmm

anyways, i wont argue on that estimates again (as i did in the last guide thread) and i hope i can comment on the tac itself.

bowa: i like that hint with mana/stam as i never tried to play that the bowa gets out of mana/stam, good one. though those tacs are kinda vague, nothing you can deal with when youve not played x years ^^.
java: use triwhirls rounbd them so their charges hit maybe 10% / 20%, they have to move -> hit them while moving. whirl a lot in this matchup, care of your mana. poison -> dodge those clouds and hunt her down.... i mostly used antidote posts (as their build is lame enough).
sorcs: generall-> dont attack, let them come. rules say they have to and most good sorcs do so. only fall back to attack when they come really really close and dont expect youre attacking. dodging etc. is good, tacs are fine.
lib: your tacs are right. run unexpected ways and: expect his ways instead :-P
foh: tg, resarmor and honestly: namelock those newbs down.
smiter: mana, mana, mana, mana. you will run out of it and die when youre not careful. ive met many good smiths, theyre a pain.
rabies: not much to say???????? its an interesting matchup (and uberlame).... run from them in phase one (not infected) and let them run into your whirls while whirling in another direction. when you get hit (phase two) run after them as they will flee... predict runways and make as many hits as possible.
fury: see smite, but furys have more dmg but they hit less so you have to dal with chance/luck. sometimes they hit hard.... but never try to tank them when theyre really good.
trap: hit them while laying traps and run around to trigger traps. maybe she will run out of mana in this time and all traps fade away: shes fucked :-D predict runways, shes quick!
nec tac is fine, maybe too much trouble 'bout an inferior opponent.

you fogot about bvb.... but that doesnt matter, i like that attitude. :--------P

rabies: never run, even when rabie'd. they will wait for you with shift fury and when you run they will most likely kill you. always walk when you are close. i agree that good rabies/fury druids can kill barbs. when i used Draining, it was always a nice match-up.
nec: don't underestimate good necs. btw you might know there is a way for a nec to get hit much less often.
Gold: 4.01
Dec 9 2009 07:46am
my barb got 3.446 whit block and full dr 5752 def 2730 ww dmg 7136 ww ar
bvc eq 165frw 3096 life 3207 ww ar 7824def 689 mana 2255 dmg 2weap and 3249 dmg ww whit 2hands :)
Dec 9 2009 08:11am
i played vs. joost. thats kinda enough, there has never been a better rabies around. rabies can NOT tank a barb, even with a rare 450ed 80 ias weapon.... impossible. at least not from the phys part.

when youre close to the shaper, you will whirl anyways (75% block), so he wont hit you while running. sounds logic, doesnt it?
Dec 9 2009 08:13am
Quote (dyl4nd0u @ 9 Dec 2009 16:11)
i played vs. joost. thats kinda enough, there has never been a better rabies around. rabies can NOT tank a barb, even with a rare 450ed 80 ias weapon.... impossible. at least not from the phys part.

when youre close to the shaper, you will whirl anyways (75% block), so he wont hit you while running. sounds logic, doesnt it?

who's talking about tanking a barb? read my lines. i'm saying that you should NOT run near a rabies/fury druid. if he sees you running, he simply walks towards you and shift-furies before you ww. at this point you will have low block.
simply don't run when he's on your screen. walk is fast enough and safer.
Gold: 12,437.51
Dec 9 2009 08:16am
Quote (dyl4nd0u @ Dec 9 2009 09:00am)
^^

Belarathon also had a very nice BVA that was well balanced on East many years ago.

I have to admit I'm a sucker for a pretty stat screen which is why I like melee duels.
Go Back To Low Level Dueling Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic