d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Official Baltimore Ravens Fan Thread
Prev1128612871288128912901388Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 79,366.46
Mar 13 2019 08:28pm
Quote (Greet @ Mar 13 2019 06:29pm)
So quickly teams turn on their players after they leave :lol:

Ravens added arguably one of the best defensive players of the past decade or so but also lost two key players & important pieces of their defense.

Weddell is still a good (no, great) player and was a leader on the defense - CJ Mosley is a 26 year-old great player (4x 2nd team all-pro) who was another leader on the defense for Baltimore. You should at least respect the players they were on the field, while being happy about the addition of an absolute monster.

Weddle was a mixed bag who equated to being somewhere just above average. Obviously his leadership on and off the field, his knowledge of the game, and his film study can't be matched. However, his athleticism was definitely leaving him. Yeah, he'd blow up like one or two plays a game because he can read and know what the offense is doing. But he'd also allow some big, soul-crushing plays on blown coverages and missed tackles. That's what happens when you get old and lose a step.

I respect Weddle for helping us get out of the dark times of Matt Elam, Will Hill, and other scrubs we had at safety and providing leadership for our team. However, I won't be disappointed to be moving on, especially when the guy replacing him is Earl Thomas.

/He single-handedly lost us the Bears game a couple years ago /w a blown tackle to end the game. And last year's Chiefs game would have been over if Weddle didn't miss a tackle/blow coverage on Tyreek Hill on that stupid no-look 4th down pass by Mahomes. And some might blame him for not picking up Tyler Boyd on the week 17 Bengals game a couple years ago. Weddle really had some bad low-lights here.

This post was edited by Terps on Mar 13 2019 08:36pm
Banned
Gold: 0.74
Mar 13 2019 08:31pm
Quote (Terps @ Mar 13 2019 09:28pm)
Weddle was a mixed bag who equated to being somewhere just above average. Obviously his leadership on and off the field, his knowledge of the game, and his film study can't be matched. However, his athleticism was definitely leaving him. Yeah, he'd blow up like one or two plays a game because he can read and know what the offense is doing. But he'd also allow some big, soul-crushing plays on blown coverages and missed tackles. That's what happens when you get old and lose a step.

I respect Weddle for helping us get out of the dark times of Matt Elam, Will Hill, and other scrubs we had at safety and providing leadership for our team. However, I won't be disappointed to be moving on, especially when the guy replacing him is Earl Thomas.

Omega Upgrade, if he can stay healthy, which I hope he can. Rams bad defense took a major hit losing Joyner for some old guy from the Chargers, lel.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 80%
Mar 13 2019 08:31pm
Quote (Terps @ Mar 13 2019 10:28pm)

The legend of
Gold: 6.91
Mar 14 2019 06:01am
Quote (LebronActivated @ 13 Mar 2019 21:31)
Omega Upgrade, if he can stay healthy, which I hope he can. Rams bad defense took a major hit losing Joyner for some old guy from the Chargers, lel.

For his price, Joyner wasn't cutting it. Yes, he was a monster two seasons ago. This past season, he took a nosedive off a cliff. Losing Joyner was not a major hit. Idk what football you're watching, but he was the weakest part of that secondary, and that saying a lot considering just how shit Peters was most of the year.
Apr 17 2019 08:06pm

Can't complain
Gold: 0.00
Apr 17 2019 08:35pm
Quote (Terps @ Apr 17 2019 10:06pm)

Dolphins in september sux. pats after bye week, you guys are good after bye week?
Gold: 1,250.00
Apr 17 2019 08:38pm
Quote (AmineA @ Mar 13 2019 10:31pm)
The legend of

Same thing came to my mind when I read that name..lol see we agree on some things!
Apr 17 2019 09:33pm
Quote (Waifu @ Apr 17 2019 10:35pm)
Dolphins in september sux. pats after bye week, you guys are good after bye week?

Dolphins are tanking. Even though early-season Fitzpatrick is historically good, I think that's more of an aberration. Also Harbaugh is undefeated in like 10 games against the Dolphins except for the 1 game when Matt Schaub was the QB. And there's honestly an even split of Ravens/Dolphins fans in Miami for whatever reason (maybe because Reed and Lewis were both 'Canes... maybe because local fans just don't go). It's basically a home game for us when we're there.

Getting the Pats at home after a bye is a best-case scenario. Harbaugh does great with extra time to prepare.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 17 2019 09:42pm
Quote (Terps @ Apr 17 2019 11:33pm)
Dolphins are tanking. Even though early-season Fitzpatrick is historically good, I think that's more of an aberration. Also Harbaugh is undefeated in like 10 games against the Dolphins except for the 1 game when Matt Schaub was the QB. And there's honestly an even split of Ravens/Dolphins fans in Miami for whatever reason (maybe because Reed and Lewis were both 'Canes... maybe because local fans just don't go). It's basically a home game for us when we're there.

Getting the Pats at home after a bye is a best-case scenario. Harbaugh does great with extra time to prepare.

early season humidity is no joke in Miami. Their last home loss in september was in 2015
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev1128612871288128912901388Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll