It'll be hard to miss a lot of the changes in this version, but I will list them anyway. Big thanks to Chris (CTaulborg) for help rendering the new town graphics, and some other minor graphics tweaks. (More to come!) I couldn't wait any longer, wanted to get some of these really awesome features released to you guys.
Here are some of the updates in this version:
- Items can now be used in combat! (Glyphs, Comfreys, and Fish)
- Fixed proficiency bug with wells
- Added a new skill, Suffusencing (see below)
- You can now stack Comfreys
- You can now stack Essences
- Greatly increased all max stack sizes (by at least 10x the original amounts!). For instance, a rank 0 fishing and cooking person can stack up to 20 fish!
- Fish usage has a timer of 1 second between each usage. (Comfreys are still instant)
- You now gain experience when using skills (glyphing, transmuting, fishing, cooking, and suffusencing!)
- Regen works at 1/4 effectiveness while using skilling! (It will apply the healing at the end of the skill-up, pass or fail)
- Quantity display added to items that can stack
- /find with no parameters now works as a range of + and - 3 levels
- Shift clicking an item on various screens will auto insert it into the target box (for instance, while doing most skills, in the vault deposit, etc)
- Lots of client graphics updates, including a complete redo of the main town screen
- New objective: Mirror Maze (portal updated with some basic teaser info
- Add an Objectives popup in the stats screen that shows the objectives you've completed on your character
- Some client cleanups and optimizations (much cleaner looking font, better performance)
- Added a Quantity filter to the market place for the Item and Object categories
- If the entire catacombs group is inactive in combat for approximately 6 seconds, the group will automatically be disbanded. This will help against lag spikes that affect the entire network.
- Fixed some bugs regarding objectives being completed/available at the wrong times/levels.
- Shift click now works for transmuting and suffusencing, for both slots. (Requires another client refresh)
- Suffusenced fish stacks can now be larger. Normal fish stacks are calculated from the value of your fishing skill + your cooking skill on the fish stack chart. Suffusenced fish are calculated with Fishing + Cooking + Suffusencing. So, for instance, rank 0 in all three skills will allow you to make a stack of 31 sardines.
+ other small updates and changes
More info on Suffusencing:
- Suffusencing is the magical art of suffusing a magical essence with another item. This is a new artform that has recently been discovered. When done successfully, it adds +enhanced effect to the target item. The follow items can be suffusenced: Fish, Comfreys, Glyphs. Please note that the item must not already have any EE on it. The higher the magical essence (Magical property), the more EE it can give to the item! For instance, a rare essence gives 2x what a magical essence does, and a mystical gives 3x what a magical does, etc. Make sure you match the tier on the essence with the item!
Have fun guys. Much much more to come.