d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Ls Community Guide - Magician > The Judgement
Prev123Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 1,400.00
Sep 6 2009 09:22am
Quote (Inaya @ Sun, Sep 6 2009, 10:51am)
perhaps include information on a weller?

in your key points you write this:
'Daggers are recommended for this because Samurai, Monk and Ninja can use them in the future.' in the first point

and this:
'Staffs are preferred because Warlock can use them.' in the last point.

contradictory? confusing? which weapon is preferred/recommended as there are only 2 weapons available to the mage? you really cant recommend both. I mean you can but its not really helpful.

you also state daggers a much less expensive. are they really less expensive? I always thought staves were cheaper. sorry if im wrong.

There are very keywords not included in your quotes of mine.

Most people use Enhance Effect weapons for levels 1-20 while playing any form of melee. Daggers are recommended for thisbecause Samurai, Monk and Ninja can use them in the future.

Casting Magicians have limited item usage. Staffs are preferred because Warlock can use them. However, Daggers are much less expensive.

Daggers are much less expensive than staffs when it comes to casting.

edit;
I chose to leave weller information out for various reasons. The primary reason is, not only magicians can well. All classes "can well". It wouldn't make sense to dictate to everyone that mentioning welling for only Magician is the way to go. The second reason is, Welling requires particular items. If a person plays a magician they will inherently collect items they need as a weller. Third, if they fundamentally follow this guide, especially on the Vitality suggestions, they will be able to well without any special considerations.
As much as I'd like to, I would like to "list gear to use" with examples, however, I feel that could set a "standard" and setting standards are not a good example to lead as this game is very exploratory and self learning by preference. Which also goes in several directions, from "all out intelligence builds" to strategic placement builds (200 int then focus on additional modifiers). I think it is best to leave all options open and let people only have a fundamentally sound basis to grow their own way.

This post was edited by przy on Sep 6 2009 09:38am
Gold: 18,331.71
Sep 6 2009 11:38am
Very nice guide and pretty accurate. Should be very helpful for new players :thumbsup:
Gold: 8,672.68
Sep 6 2009 02:00pm
Nice & easy to understand basic concept to Magician..
well done..
Gold: 40,195.57
Sep 6 2009 02:13pm
I like this. Everyone is always giving negative feedback about new ideas and I enjoy the new ideas/help. This is good what would make it even better is if you put something like (and im not sure if this applies to you but) how you spent a lot of time playing mages and if they have any questions on the guide to pm you or something. With me asking questions in the forum is like fresh meat for the bully patrol (im new and obviously don't know that much) so just let people know that you have played the char and are willing to help people further would def add something for me. But yes I like the guide. Makes me want to try a mage :)
Gold: 6.91
Sep 6 2009 02:21pm
Tom, you're the magician man. I read through this guide, and agree with it entirely.
Very nice guide, Tom.
Gold: 1,534.72
Sep 6 2009 04:17pm
love it m8, but maybe aff alittle about welling as Inaya did say before me.
for the new players how it works and what to do

and maybe explain HM+ 1 and 2'nd charm with the 75% effect/use of mana etc. belive most know about this but always new players joing ls and the great comunity
Gold: 0.70
Sep 6 2009 04:23pm
mana regen items are not in any way compulsory for a caster.
Gold: 1,400.00
Sep 6 2009 04:51pm
Quote (Cloudfire @ Sun, Sep 6 2009, 06:23pm)
mana regen items are not in any way compulsory for a caster.

What's this you say??? (Items found on your weller)

Rare sapphire dagger
Level Req: 30
Damage: 41 to 72

+48 Max Life
+10 Mana Regen

Rare seamist robe
Defense: 0 to 10

+9 Mana Regen
+2% Magical Damage Reduction

Rare earth VI
Level Req: 15
Spell Damage: 70 to 123
Mana Cost: 55

+7 Mana Regen
+2 Critical Strike

Mana Regeneration items are absolutely essential for an Arena magican.
It is 100% physically impossible to survive off of shrining alone without buying shrines, someone feeding shrines or harvesting shrines with a different low level character.
I have probably done the most Mage climbs in the history of any 1 season in this season (115 magician mqs), I am quite sure I know a lot about it.

This post was edited by przy on Sep 6 2009 04:51pm
Gold: 0.70
Sep 6 2009 04:57pm
Quote (przy @ Mon, Sep 7 2009, 10:51am)
What's this you say??? (Items found on your weller)

Rare sapphire dagger
Damage: 41 to 72

+48 Max Life
+10 Mana Regen

Rare seamist robe
Defense: 0 to 10

+9 Mana Regen
+2% Magical Damage Reduction

Rare earth VI
Level Req: 15
Spell Damage: 70 to 123
Mana Cost: 55

+7 Mana Regen
+2 Critical Strike

Mana Regeneration items are absolutely essential for an Arena magican.
It is 100% physically impossible to survive off of shrining alone without buying shrines, someone feeding shrines or harvesting shrines with a different low level character.
I have probably done the most Mage climbs in the history of any 1 season in this season (115 magician mqs), I am quite sure I know a lot about it.

But I could still kill wells and climb without mana regen gear. It makes it faster but isn't in any way nesesary.
Gold: 9,417.13
Sep 6 2009 05:00pm
Quote (przy @ Sun, Sep 6 2009, 06:36am)
You have proven my point sir  "It's a nice bonus"
Edit; Additionally, if you use a 6mpa tier 3 item x2 with any kind of additional modifiers, you can gain 12 mana per attack on a 25 mana usage charm which does grant a few more casts - making shrine finding more feasible to achieve your regeneration.

Its written as if its a mod to search for, which it isn't. You will be 1-3 shotting everything and mpa doesn't work on the kill hit, its really not that great no matter how much you have.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev123Next
Closed New Topic New Poll