Pure Offensive Magician - SOFTCORE
1. Add a lot of vitality (10-15) if your heal charms are not over 80ee. I usually do the first 5 into vitality and the remaining 5+ into intelligence
2. Afterwards, the rest of your stat points will be pumped into Intelligence
3. If you can get low level gear that has max mana and mana per kill on it then you can cast from 1 - 71, however, if not, melee from 1 to 15.
4. Mods that help a lot later on in your climb are mind numb, max mana, MAX LIFE, heal mastery, and of course, intelligence.
5. While daggers are cheaper to cast with, they arent usable by warlocks later on.
100+ ee charm (for lower ee charms, stick to ice or earth, as you dont have room to hit for 100 or 200 with light or wind)
35+ intelligence weapon and robe.
90+ ee heal charm
The more EE and INTEL you have, the easier it to fight well monsters.
Edit: Remember to use your hot keys when switching back and forth between heal and attack when welling (or in general). It will save precious time.
Edit: When the monster has a sliver of life left, hoykey over to your melee weapon and bonk him on the head. Don't waste your mana, its precious too.
Quote (benell @ Sun, Aug 23 2009, 09:49am)
This post was edited by rtcw14 on Aug 23 2009 07:51am
Proficiencies is what make a mage stand out from the rest