d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Ls Community Guide - Rogue > The Judgement
Prev1234Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 185,067.00
Aug 19 2009 03:07pm
Very comprehensive guide you have here.

I'll say good job :thumbsup:
Gold: 1,400.00
Aug 21 2009 02:40pm
The BOLD RED sections denote changes. Is this a bit better or some other ideas?

The Rogue:

The Rogue uses Swords, Daggers, Staffs, Clubs, Axes, and Spears additionally they use Robe, Padded Robe, Leather Armor, and Scale Armors and all charm types.

Starting Attributes:

Strength: 30
Dexterity: 60
Intelligence: 25
Vitality: 35

The Melee Rogue:

The Melee Rogue is standard concept of building for most Melee Characters. Most players use a Strength or Dexterity armor and charm. Dexterity increases your chance to critical hit, and damage dealt when you critical hit. It also reduces damage when enemies critical hit you. Strength is used for increasing weapon damage. In general, you do not want to exceed 120 dexterity and all other stat points go in to strength. The weapon of choice is preferential, between Swords, Daggers, Staffs, Clubs, Axes, and Spears with Enhanced Effect.

The Offensive Caster Rogue:

The Offensive Caster Rogue is an unique build which utilizes charms to attack. Most players start by putting every stat point in to intelligence, some variations may include adding vitality for your first 10 stat placements. Rogues can use a wide array of items, in general, the weapon and armor should have Intelligence, other highly useful modifiers may include Max Mana, Mana Per Attack, Mana Per Kill and Heal Mastery. The most effective way to use an Offensive Rogue Caster is to put an Enhanced Effect charm to the primary slot and an Enhance Effect healing charm to the accessory slot. The charms are preferential.

The Defensive Caster Rogue:

The Defensive Caster Rogue is an unique build which focuses around healing. Most players add all stat points in to intelligence. The Defensive Caster Rogue generally uses Heal Mastery items, other highly useful modifiers include Max Mana, Mana Per Attack, Mana Per Kill and Intelligence. Rogues can use a wide array of items, in general, the weapon and armor should have Heal Mastery, additionally, the charm in the primary slot can have heal mastery as well, while using an Enhanced Effect charm in the accessory slot. The charms are preferential.

The Hybrid Rogue:

The Hybrid Rogue is one of the most versatile builds in ladder slasher. There are 2 variations which are highly effective. The first build, place your first stats in to intelligence until 60-80 Intelligence is reached. The dexterity should be between 100-120 and everything else in to strength. The second variation, you add all stat points in to Intelligence and rely on your items to provide all of the strength and dexterity. This build provides additional versatility if you choose to Caster at higher levels. Both variations are ideally the same in terms of items. Most players uses an Enhanced Effect weapon, strength and dexterity armor and charms and an Enhanced Effect healing charm in the accessory slot. Some modifiers which can be extremely useful include Heal Mastery, Intelligence, and Max Mana as secondary modifiers. Additionally, in more advanced set ups, you may use your healing charm in the primary slot. The weapons and charms are preferential.

Key Points:

Most people use Enhance Effect weapons for levels 1-20 while playing any form of Caster Rogue.
The Offensive Caster Rogue is best suited in Arena.
The Defensive Caster Rogue is best suited in Catacombs.
Rogues have low defense due to their armor restrictions.
Rogues can use medium armors, leather and scales. These are extremely inexpensive however, less versatile compared to other armor types, such as robes.

*This guide was created through the input of fellow Ladder Slasher players and are not to be taken as absolutes. These are merely a stepping stone in your path to perfecting your own build or building upon the ones in this guide.

**This guide is based around ideals for softcore ladder slasher.
[/QUOTE]

This post was edited by przy on Aug 21 2009 02:41pm
Gold: 4,732.94
Aug 21 2009 02:43pm
Thats a great guide came in handy.
Gold: 2,809.02
Aug 21 2009 02:51pm
Lookin' good Tom. :)

Though were you planning to add that Rogue's can detect Trap Doors in catacomb games, it was mentioned before in the thread? It might be good to mention since I think they're the only feeder class that can? :)

Good stuff like always. :thumbsup:
Gold: 7,405.52
Aug 21 2009 02:56pm
Beautiful guide Tom :)

You do such great work whoa <3

I can't really say to much to improve this guide it is very simple and straight forward, clean and effiecient are the words I would use to describe it.

I'd love to see more of these.
Aug 21 2009 03:18pm
Quote (DiabeticKnight @ Fri, Aug 21 2009, 04:51pm)
Lookin' good Tom.  :)

Though were you planning to add that Rogue's can detect Trap Doors in catacomb games, it was mentioned before in the thread?  It might be good to mention since I think they're the only feeder class that can?  :)

Good stuff like always.  :thumbsup:

oh thanks for that reminder Andrew, that is definitely note worthy in the key points.
and thanks all other folks as well :) I hope this one can get done as it lays a foundation for the future classes beyond feeders :)
Gold: 30,363.04
Aug 21 2009 04:49pm
will u also mention the weapon type set combos like u did in the barb and fighter guides?
Aug 21 2009 04:51pm
Quote (derDrops @ Fri, Aug 21 2009, 06:49pm)
will u also mention the weapon type set combos like u did in the barb and fighter guides?

How specifically?
Do you mean like the same exact set types? or something along the lines of staff to share with warlock ?
Gold: 30,363.04
Aug 21 2009 04:57pm
Quote (przy @ Sat, 22 Aug 2009, 00:51)
How specifically?
Do you mean like the same exact set types? or something along the lines of staff to share with warlock ?

i mean to copy the sets mentiones for melee and maybe somthing like this, just caster related... like:

int staffs + int swords (all but headhunter) or int daggers + clubs/axes (all but [headhunter] warlock)
Aug 21 2009 05:00pm
Quote (derDrops @ Fri, Aug 21 2009, 06:57pm)
i mean to copy the sets mentiones for melee and maybe somthing like this, just caster related... like:

int staffs + int swords (all but headhunter) or int daggers + clubs/axes (all but [headhunter] warlock)

hm may be. I am not sure how to approach something like ninja later. 15 intel isn't really caster caliber but it is certainly hybrid material. but samurai is a terrible caster as well. only paladin/monk are the only real viable options for casting in the later classes minus the warlock.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev1234Next
Closed New Topic New Poll