d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Ladder Slasher Mentoring Service > Come Offer And Receive This Assistance!
Prev123412Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
NevV
Group: Member
Gold: 784.00
Jul 17 2009 07:51pm
The function of this thread is "buddy up" new players with people who have a good understanding of the game for some long term assistance. If I understand correctly, we will be taking these players under our wing and answering their questions as they have them and (hopefully) develop a relationship of some sort. I think that it'll be a lot of fun and I'm really hoping that new players take advantage of it.

The LS advisors thread seems more to just be for a couple quick questions about mechanics or builds but this is geared towards new players. It is supported by Paparick and is spawned from the termination of the broke and new to LS fund.

The portal is a wealth of information but sometimes it can be a bit much, especially for someone brand new. Lots of people don't have the patience to sit down and read the whole thing so we're hoping to quickly answer their specific questions.
Also, the advisors list isn't often found by people who just started - they usually will post their questions in this forum here and hopefully now they will see this thread before posting and think "oh maybe I could benefit from that."

Anyways - I'm running out the door now but I would absolutely love it if my PM box was full of questions when I get back from work :P
mwm_zyxcba
Gold: 985.14
Jul 17 2009 08:05pm
Quote (ScifyN @ Fri, Jul 17 2009, 09:31pm)
i was wondering if i could get a sponsor, just need a little capital to start owning :P

PM'd, though you should take note that this thread is not about fg.

Quote (NevV @ Fri, Jul 17 2009, 09:51pm)
The function of this thread is "buddy up" new players with people who have a good understanding of the game for some long term assistance. If I understand correctly, we will be taking these players under our wing and answering their questions as they have them and (hopefully) develop a relationship of some sort. I think that it'll be a lot of fun and I'm really hoping that new players take advantage of it.

The LS advisors thread seems more to just be for a couple quick questions about mechanics or builds but this is geared towards new players. It is supported by Paparick and is spawned from the termination of the broke and new to LS fund.

The portal is a wealth of information but sometimes it can be a bit much, especially for someone brand new. Lots of people don't have the patience to sit down and read the whole thing so we're hoping to quickly answer their specific questions.
Also, the advisors list isn't often found by people who just started - they usually will post their questions in this forum here and hopefully now they will see this thread before posting and think "oh maybe I could benefit from that."

Anyways - I'm running out the door now but I would absolutely love it if my PM box was full of questions when I get back from work :P

All sounds correct in my view. :)
The great thing is that this can be unique from person to person. Each player who chooses to help may bring their own style and ideas to the table.
Inaya
Gold: 4,364.59
Jul 17 2009 08:12pm
this is an excellent way of helping new players since the new and broke (mooching) thread has been removed. hopefully through this program new players can be shown how to play without needing a crutch like a handout.
Vandy
Gold: 4,688.00
Jul 17 2009 08:24pm
Quote (Inaya @ Fri, Jul 17 2009, 09:12pm)
this is an excellent way of helping new players since the new and broke (mooching) thread has been removed. hopefully through this program new players can be shown how to play without needing a crutch like a handout.

Very well put.

Great idea man. I hope this works out well.
I've always enjoyed teaching "noobs" the things they need to know about LS.
Retzman22
Gold: 2,495.34
Jul 17 2009 08:26pm
Very good idea, I could use some mentoring sometimes...
feinfuehl
Gold: 0.01
Jul 17 2009 08:38pm
offering service without tag - reported

jk ofc.^^

i think its a good idea.

This post was edited by feinfuehl on Jul 17 2009 08:59pm
mwm_zyxcba
Gold: 985.14
Jul 17 2009 08:44pm
Thanks to everyone who has given constructive feedback here or via pm. I'm feeling good about the future of this thread.

Quote (Retzman22 @ Fri, Jul 17 2009, 10:26pm)
Very good idea, I could use some mentoring sometimes...

This reminds me. This can be a learning experience for anyone who is unsure about different aspects of the game. New and intermediate level players may have equally as much to gain from a system like this. VisshusFemme (hope you don't mind me using you as an example =x) mentioned that she has experience with melee, but doesn't have a clue about playing as a caster. This doesn't have to benefit only the very new players. =)

Quote (Paparick @ Fri, Jul 17 2009, 10:47pm)
You have no idea how lucky you are with that j/k addendum.

This is not a service by any means -- it is help at a higher level than what is expected from the volunteers in the Advisor's List.

I fully endorse this effort, and strongly suggest that if any criticism be posted, it had better be of the constructive variety.

Thanks, and protect your warnbars

Thanks Rick. :)

And to avoid the obvious post that may arise "It says service in the title."
If "service" is that much of a disagreeable term, I'm sure it could replaced with "Program" or a more suitable word. :P

This post was edited by mwm_zyxcba on Jul 17 2009 08:56pm
Paparick
Gold: 7,863.56
Jul 17 2009 08:47pm
Quote (feinfuehl @ Fri, Jul 17 2009, 11:38pm)
offering service without tag - reported

jk ofc.^^

i think its a good idea.

You have no idea how lucky you are with that j/k addendum.

This is not a service by any means -- it is help at a higher level than what is expected from the volunteers in the Advisor's List.

I fully endorse this effort, and strongly suggest that if any criticism be posted, it had better be of the constructive variety.

Thanks, and protect your warnbars

Middy
Group: Banned
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 40%
Jul 17 2009 09:16pm
I have a good feeling about this thread as well.

Good luck, guys. :thumbsup:
IrishGoddess69
Gold: 3,620.79
Jul 17 2009 09:32pm
This is a great idea.

I know I could use a lot of help from someone who knows the Warlock class well, especially now that I have a ninja. I am worried about passing to lock without knowing enough to play it in a manner that will support a catacomb team, because I don't have the right gear (yet) to support a solo climb.

I may be getting ahead of myself here, but I do slash often and I'd rather be prepared in case I happen to pass to lock before reset.

It's nice to know that mentoring is available to intermediate level players as well as new players, and I appreciate that it is offered. Thanks to all who are involved in this! :hug:

Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev123412Next
Closed New Topic New Poll