d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MMORPG > Runes of Magic > Runes Of Magic Beginner's Guide V1.2 > Everything You Need To Know To Play
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3.00
Jul 6 2009 04:07pm
Runes of Magic FAQ and Help Guide

Written by Makemetalmusic

Table of Contents By Section

Introduction

Installation

Game Play

Trouble Shooting

Gathering and Crafting

Helpful Links

Credits

Introduction

Hello, and thanks for checking out my guide. This is a cleaner, more professional version of my first one. This guide covers everything you need to play, from installation, to item transmuting, and fixing any problems you might encounter along the way. There will be of course newer versions added as more content comes along, and whenever this one becomes out-dated, or I receive more suggestions. If you feel your question isn't answered in this topic, please ask HERE, so that when I do answer it, everyone can read it. If you have any suggestions, or comments, please PM me them, and do not post them here. This thread is only for help, everything else should be sent to me privately so that it doesn't clog the thread.

Installation

Q. Can I run Runes of Magic with my rig?

A. Below are the required specs to play

Download size: 3.4GB

Minimum system requirements
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.0 GHz or equivalent
RAM: 512MB
Required Harddisk space: 3.8GB
Graphics card: DirectX 9.0c compatible with 128MB RAM
Broadband Internet connection
Keyboard and Mouse

Now that you know your computer can run the game, visit the download link on the bottom of this guide in the " Helpful Links " section, to begin your installation.

Game Play

Q. I'm having trouble finding parties to quest with. What can I do?

A. Well first, make sure you're using the Zone Chat to ask for party members, as the regular chat will only be visible to people very near you! There could be someone on the other side of the map who needs it too! Type /zone into the chat interface to talk to the zone. It should appear as a lime green text. Once you've made a party, you can type /party to switch to the party chat, so only your party will see what you write!

Q. I don't know how to get into a party/create a party/create a raid! How do I do this?

A. To create a party, right click your icon in the top left of the screen and select create party. Once you've done that, you can convert to a raid by pressing the " O " key. It will bring up a window, go to the tab that says Raid Party, and convert it!

Q. Cool, I've made one, but now I want to disband it. How do I do this?

A. Right click your icon again and select " Leave Party "

Q. I got invited to a guild. Should I join it?

A. If you'd like to, go for it! There are some nice ones out there, who can help you. Personally, I don't accept invites, I wait until I quest with or talk to someone in a guild and then ask to join, this way I'm familiar with at least one member prior to joining. I've joined a few guilds on there just because they invited me, and some of them turned out to be pretty rude guys.

Q. This guild sucks. How can I leave it?

A. Press " G " on your keyboard to open up the guild member list. Find your name on the list, right click it, and select " Leave Guild "

Q. Someone wants to duel me. Should I?

A. First, check his level, and compare it to yours. A fair duel is within 1-5 levels of each other. Then check his equipment, if it's far better than yours, you should probably avoid the fight.

Q. I want to take a screenshot, but I don't know how, and I don't know where it will go.

A. For the " How " simply press print screen. For the " Where " it will end up in Programfiles/RunesOfMagic/Screenshots. This is a general path, as it appears different on many operating systems, but from this you should have a very easy time finding it, just use common sense.

Gathering and Crafting

Q. I can't gather this ore/wood/herb. What's the matter?

A. Make sure your gathering skill for that particular item is high enough! You can see your gathering levels by pressing " Y " on your keyboard.

Q. Ok, I've got the materials, but I can't make anything? Help!

A. You need recipes first, and you need to have the associated level of that job high enough to use them! For example, you can have lvl 21 materials, and want to make a lvl 21 item from a recipe, but you need to have your crafting ability for that specific item high enough to be able to use the recipe!

Q. I've got all that and I still can't make it!

A. You have to be near the associated tools to do it! Alchemy set, cooking pot, blacksmithing tools, etc etc. You can find these in most major towns. Just stand next to them, and you'll be able to make them!

Q. How can I level my crafting?

A. You have to craft repeatedly to gain experience, just like everything else.

Q. So I hear talk of " Transmuting, or Xmuting " in game a lot. What is this, and how do I do it?

A. Please see my " Helpful Links " section for a wonderful guide on that.

Q. What are these " Phirius Tokens " I get from doing daily quests? What are they for?

A. You can buy certain items from the cash shop with them. You can also buy arcane transmutor charges which you will need for transmuting gear, and runes later on. Save ALL the ones you get!

Trouble Shooting

Q. My graphics look all messed up, but I have a nice rig. What's going on?

A. Press the ESC key to open up the window. Then click the Visual Settings tab, and adjust everything accordingly. Make sure you hit Apply, then OK.

Q. I can't hear anything/my sound seems too low?

A. Press the ESC key to open up the window. Then click the Audio Settings tab, and adjust everything accordingly. Make sure you hit Apply, then OK.

Q. I messed up my character, is there anyway I can respec his skills?

A. Yes, with a skill reset stone from the cash shop. There are " Basic " and " Advanced " ones. Basic will respec everything under lvl 15, and advanced will do it at any level. Keep in mind, you will get a few of these for FREE during your quests from various gift bags. Also, they often give them out to every player after a patch that alters a skill, so don't rush to buy one if you make a small mistake. If you mess it up early on, like level 10 or below, just remake your character, it's easy to get to that lvl again.

Q. I made a character, but now I don't like the way he/she looks. Can I change his/her appearance?

A. Yes you can, but again this costs diamonds to do, so make sure you get everything right when creating your character! If you have the diamonds, and are interested in alterting your appearance, click the " Styling Shop ". It's located in the top right hand corner, above the " Item Shop " icon. Keep in mind, dyeing EQUIPMENT will only dye that specific piece of gear, not any item you equip in that slot. For example, if you dye your cape slot neon green, then take the cape off and put another cape on, it will not be neon green, only the one you were wearing when you did it will be colored. If you color something badly, you can by item " Bleach " from the cash shop to return it to it's normal color.

Helpful Links

Official Site : http://us.runesofmagic.com/us/index.html

Official Client Download : http://us.runesofmagic.com/us/downloads,client,us.html

Official Forum : http://forum.us.runesofmagic.com/

Official Database from Curse : http://www.runesdb.com/

Beginner's Guide to Transmuting : http://forum.runesofmagic.com/showthread.php?t=39939

Credits

Runes Of Magic Official Forum, for providing answers and guides to many of the questions you see here.

Male@RoM Forum, for writing that great transmuting guide I linked.

Curse, for providing a great DB for us to use, and much more.

D2JSP Mods for allowing me to have my work stickied.

D2JSP Users for making many helpful suggestions for my guide.

Go Back To Runes of Magic Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll