d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Name The Last Movie You Watched>
Prev1218221832184
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.70
Warn: 60%
Apr 14 2024 02:40am
Glass

Was surprisingly engaging, i enjoyed it.
Gold: 63,142.89
Apr 14 2024 02:05pm
Civil War

I somehow found this to be a bad movie while also being a great piece of art that makes me glad we have the medium of movies available to us.

Cons:

The writers were careful to avoid anything that could be seen as thought-provoking, even in the broadest metaphorical sense. I went in knowing that the movie was not going to deliver any direct political commentary, so I wasn't disappointed by its absence. But I did at least think that they'd pose some philosophical questions about journalism or give us some symbolic images to apply as shorthand to future political discussions. But I literally walked out with nothing to talk about to the person I saw it with.

The idea to make them "photo journalists" completely removed any pretense of brain-usage from the characters. Kirsten Dunst even explicitly said "we are journalists who don't ask any questions".

Anytime the plot introduced something that could have been thoughtful, it was undermined by a quick cut-away or some violent distraction. There were even scenes where they movie made it abundantly clear that they were not going to say who any of the characters were. And it even directly called the audience the r-word for daring to ask.

Pros:

Everything about the way the scenes were shot. Every bit of the sound design. Alex Garland could produce a commercial that would sell ice to eskimos.

Gold: 0.00
Apr 18 2024 02:41am
Quote (Kayeto @ Apr 14 2024 01:05pm)
Civil War

I somehow found this to be a bad movie while also being a great piece of art that makes me glad we have the medium of movies available to us.

Cons:

The writers were careful to avoid anything that could be seen as thought-provoking, even in the broadest metaphorical sense. I went in knowing that the movie was not going to deliver any direct political commentary, so I wasn't disappointed by its absence. But I did at least think that they'd pose some philosophical questions about journalism or give us some symbolic images to apply as shorthand to future political discussions. But I literally walked out with nothing to talk about to the person I saw it with.

The idea to make them "photo journalists" completely removed any pretense of brain-usage from the characters. Kirsten Dunst even explicitly said "we are journalists who don't ask any questions".

Anytime the plot introduced something that could have been thoughtful, it was undermined by a quick cut-away or some violent distraction. There were even scenes where they movie made it abundantly clear that they were not going to say who any of the characters were. And it even directly called the audience the r-word for daring to ask.

Pros:

Everything about the way the scenes were shot. Every bit of the sound design. Alex Garland could produce a commercial that would sell ice to eskimos.

ya it was not even as good as all the instagram promotions made it out to be. definitely baited and switched
Gold: 15,945.00
Apr 20 2024 03:07pm
Hacksaw Ridge. Good movie.
Gold: 8,355.04
Apr 22 2024 06:47am
Ministry of ungentlemanly warfare

Solid movie. Good action and the humor wasn’t overbearing. They don’t do what marvel does and have jokes undermine everything that happens in the movie which is refreshing. The main characters do feel a little invincible but that doesn’t take away any enjoyment you would get out of it
Gold: 550.00
Apr 22 2024 08:21pm
Quote (Flameyes @ Apr 22 2024 08:47am)
Ministry of ungentlemanly warfare

Solid movie. Good action and the humor wasn’t overbearing. They don’t do what marvel does and have jokes undermine everything that happens in the movie which is refreshing. The main characters do feel a little invincible but that doesn’t take away any enjoyment you would get out of it

Wth never heard or seen anything about this movie until now
Gold: 8,355.04
Apr 23 2024 08:19am
Quote (Rezzakin @ Apr 22 2024 10:21pm)
Wth never heard or seen anything about this movie until now

Something strange was going on with this movie’s release, it was limited release in the theaters near me even though it’s a high budget film with well known actors and is actually pretty good lol
Gold: 550.00
Apr 23 2024 11:14am
Quote (Flameyes @ Apr 23 2024 10:19am)
Something strange was going on with this movie’s release, it was limited release in the theaters near me even though it’s a high budget film with well known actors and is actually pretty good lol

I wonder how there numbers will look $$ wise
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev1218221832184
Add Reply New Topic New Poll