d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Name The Last Movie You Watched>
Prev1193319341935193619372184Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Aug 20 2018 07:13pm
Quote (Reekodin519 @ Aug 20 2018 04:56pm)
The movie ends with them, in their words. "Not sure if they want to kill the guy" they were going to go kill, which by the way was not even the guy who killed her daughter, someone who they suspect raped someone. I don't care if they didn't find the killer but that ending was retarded. They pretty much are just going to become killers who are dumb and not even sure if they wanna do it, with an idiot ex drunk cop. Someone who would mess it all up if they were to go through with it.

Oh yeah the movie just ends..

Sorry but that ending was bad. If you want a dark ending watch "The Mist" now that was one messed up ending.

God you have horrible taste in everything.

I will admit that the Mist ending was better in the movie than the book, but that movie was pretty meh.
Gold: 10,025.00
Aug 20 2018 07:32pm
Quote (Reekodin519 @ Aug 20 2018 04:56pm)
The movie ends with them, in their words. "Not sure if they want to kill the guy" they were going to go kill, which by the way was not even the guy who killed her daughter, someone who they suspect raped someone. I don't care if they didn't find the killer but that ending was retarded. They pretty much are just going to become killers who are dumb and not even sure if they wanna do it, with an idiot ex drunk cop. Someone who would mess it all up if they were to go through with it.

Oh yeah the movie just ends..

Sorry but that ending was bad. If you want a dark ending watch "The Mist" now that was one messed up ending.

The person they were going to maybe kill was someone who deserves it. Might have been the person who killed the woman's daughter, or his victim could have been someone else. Either way he is not an innocent.

And they didn't say they were going to kill him they said let's decide on the way.

It isn't supposed to be a literal "you decide if they become killers or not" it's supposed to be more along the lines of like.. They are both lost and unable to move forward, hopefully their trip let's them find what they are looking for so they can move on. Or whatever.

The mist ending was stupid generic bullshit you should have seen coming a mile away.
Gold: 39,837.69
Aug 20 2018 08:24pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Aug 20 2018 08:32pm)
The person they were going to maybe kill was someone who deserves it. Might have been the person who killed the woman's daughter, or his victim could have been someone else. Either way he is not an innocent.

And they didn't say they were going to kill him they said let's decide on the way.

It isn't supposed to be a literal "you decide if they become killers or not" it's supposed to be more along the lines of like.. They are both lost and unable to move forward, hopefully their trip let's them find what they are looking for so they can move on. Or whatever.

The mist ending was stupid generic bullshit you should have seen coming a mile away.

They know it wasn’t him who killed the daughter though. DNA didn’t match and he had an alibi
Aug 20 2018 08:37pm
Quote (EmericAn @ Aug 20 2018 07:24pm)
They know it wasn’t him who killed the daughter though. DNA didn’t match and he had an alibi

It's been a while since I've seen it. You could be right. I thought I remembered them thinking there was some conspiracy around that stuff though.
Aug 20 2018 09:31pm
Quote (EmericAn @ Aug 20 2018 07:24pm)

They knew it wasn't him, but they 100% knew he was a raping, murdering, piece of shit.

The movie was phenomenal from start to finish, easily one of the best of the year and the ending was one of the best scenes in the movie. It's another gut punch and clearly it landed to have someone who prefers Marvel/cash-grab movies in a tizzy over it. In the real world there is rarely any closure with crimes of this nature, and that rarity dramatically increases as time passes. A fairy tale ending where the guilty party is caught out of the blue, or even a Tarantinoesque finish of them turning vigilante and hunting down rapists would have contradicted that feeling of reality that was in place throughout the entire film. The ending was purposefully left open for interpretation and you, like the mom, can fantasize about what could be or should be. All the while knowing in your head that in truth, nothing happened, they just drove back home and went about their lives.

Maybe they made it all the way there and saw the douchebag with a loving wife and a young child of his own and that was that. Being a Tarantino fan and someone who strongly believes in letting no crime go unpunished, I like to imagine that they caught up to the guy, and tailed him until they caught him in the act of another heinous crime. They torture him and get the son of the bitch to admit to all the rapes and murders he committed on film and then they gangland style execute the piece of shit and send the confession tape to a major network, so at least their families can experience the closure she never had. They return to their lives and pretend like nothing happened, but anytime some rapist piece of shit gets let off the hook, they load back up and hunt the fuckers down.

It's easy to see how someone who prefers more spelled out conclusions could be left unsatisfied with this, but the ending was absolutely perfect here and I'm sorry for those who didn't enjoy it as much as I did.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Aug 20 2018 09:56pm
Gold: 39,837.69
Aug 20 2018 09:53pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Aug 20 2018 10:31pm)
They knew it wasn't him, but they 100% knew he was a raping, murdering, piece of shit.

The movie was phenomenal from start to finish, easily one of the best of the year and the ending was one of the best scenes in the movie. It's another gut punch and clearly it landed to have someone who prefers Marvel/cash-grab movies in a tizzy over it. In the real world there is rarely any closure with crimes of this nature, and that rarity dramatically increases as time passes. A fairy tale ending where the guilty party is caught out of the blue, or even a Tarantinoesque finish of them turning vigilante and hunting down rapists would have contradicted that feeling of reality that was in place throughout the entire film. The ending was purposefully left open for interpretation and you like the mom can fantasize about what could be or should be. All the while knowing in your head that in truth, nothing happened, they just drove back home and went about their lives.

Maybe they made it all the way there and saw the douchebag with a loving wife and a young child of his own and that was that. Being a Tarantino fan and someone who strongly believes in letting no crime go unpunished, I like to imagine that they caught up to the guy, and tailed him until they caught him in the act of another heinous crime. They torture him and get the son of the bitch to admit to all the rapes and murders he committed on film and then they gangland style execute the piece of shit and send the confession tape to a major network, so at least their families can experience the closure she never had. They return to their lives and pretend like nothing happened, but anytime some rapist piece of shit gets let off the hook, they load back up and hunt the fuckers down.

It's easy to see how someone who prefers more spelled out conclusions could be left unsatisfied with this, but the ending was absolutely perfect here and I'm sorry for those who didn't enjoy it as much as I did.

Oh I agree. The movie is phenomenal. Worthy of all the accolades and awards it received.
Aug 20 2018 10:33pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Aug 20 2018 08:31pm)

The movie was phenomenal from start to finish, easily one of the best of the year and the ending was one of the best scenes in the movie. It's another gut punch and clearly it landed to have someone who prefers Marvel/cash-grab movies in a tizzy over it. In the real world there is rarely any closure with crimes of this nature, and that rarity dramatically increases as time passes. A fairy tale ending where the guilty party is caught out of the blue, or even a Tarantinoesque finish of them turning vigilante and hunting down rapists would have contradicted that feeling of reality that was in place throughout the entire film. The ending was purposefully left open for interpretation and you, like the mom, can fantasize about what could be or should be. All the while knowing in your head that in truth, nothing happened, they just drove back home and went about their lives.

Tbh I think it's less about what they actually physically decide to do, and more about mentally and emotionally what happens to them.

Does their trip across the country give them something that they lost? Do they find the answers they need? Is their time together, being the two people that they are the thing that lets them finally grow and move on? Or can they actually not get out of their ruts so to speak and actually just go kill him... Or does the act of killing him actually help their souls come to peace?
Gold: 1.00
Aug 20 2018 11:19pm
Although not a movie I have been watching Ozark.

I like Mardy's character.He has hints of Walter White.
Aug 20 2018 11:36pm
Quote (SBD @ Aug 20 2018 10:19pm)
Although not a movie I have been watching Ozark.

I like Mardy's character.He has hints of Walter White.

Ya, few people have made that comparison.

I just consider it Breaking Bad meets Arrested Development lol.

Quote (Blah58 @ Aug 20 2018 09:33pm)
Tbh I think it's less about what they actually physically decide to do, and more about mentally and emotionally what happens to them.

Does their trip across the country give them something that they lost? Do they find the answers they need? Is their time together, being the two people that they are the thing that lets them finally grow and move on? Or can they actually not get out of their ruts so to speak and actually just go kill him... Or does the act of killing him actually help their souls come to peace?

Lots of different ways to interpret it :D, which again is why it's just a phenomenal film and a perfect ending.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Aug 20 2018 11:37pm
Aug 20 2018 11:43pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Aug 20 2018 10:36pm)
Ya, few people have made that comparison.

I just consider it Breaking Bad meets Arrested Development lol.

Lots of different ways to interpret it :D, which again is why it's just a phenomenal film and a perfect ending.

I don't really like the comparison of those two things. Tbh I always thought ww was a bit of a Mary Sue. Ozark always feels like the guy is on the verge of being murdered.

@3billboards obviously I'm totally on team torture the fuck out of that asshole. But I do hope that when thinking about the ending you do go a bit deeper than that aspect.
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev1193319341935193619372184Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll