d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Price Checking Guide
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22.50
Dec 12 2008 11:03am
Price checking "use-ables"
5) All you need to do now is make a good judgement on what a good price would be. A good rule to follow is that the Market Place is normally a bit overpriced, so never follow those items.

Also in the basic price check method you are averaging the magical level below your item and your items magical level together to get a price -- that will place it cheaper than other items with same stats.

-----

Please read this before you criticize -- other than that I enjoy the criticism. Also I personally use this method and everything sells within 24 hours.
Gold: 4,364.59
Dec 12 2008 11:24am
I like it... thank you

Those of you who want to pick it apart... make a better one if you can, otherwise you're just whining. I recognize that it does not encompass every situation. It's basic price checking I'm sure geared towards the new slashers who put up lengthy lists of items to be price checked when there is no need because most of them are shriners, but the new slasher doesnt know the difference yet. I use a similar formula for pricing the muters I sell, so I know you can't really say market prices are too high, because I've sold roughly 120+ items in the last 5-6 days on that market, most of the items priced at the higher end rather than the low end of the price scale (roughly 1100 fg worth). True there are more tactics to selling higher end items, but for the average seller who wants to make a little fg, or buy a decent item, what is in this guide works.
Gold: 38,745.22
Dec 12 2008 11:30am
Quote (MyAddiction @ Fri, Dec 12 2008, 03:03pm)
Price checking "use-ables"
5) All you need to do now is make a good judgement on what a good price would be. A good rule to follow is that the Market Place is normally a bit overpriced, so never follow those items.

Also in the basic price check method you are averaging the magical level below your item and your items magical level together to get a price -- that will place it cheaper than other items with same stats.

-----

Please read this before you criticize -- other than that I enjoy the criticism. Also I personally use this method and everything sells within 24 hours.

just to you know i didnt criticize... it was just a comment about some prices on market...

i liked your guide.. wink.gif
Gold: 372.80
Dec 12 2008 12:01pm
My only substantive comment is that perhaps you should add a caveat, e.g.: if your search leads you to the
conclusion that your rare xyz may be worth 1fg because of many similar posted items, strongly consider shrining,
especially if increases in the number of magical properties does not appear to lead to significant increases in price.

That is, if there's 15 rare xyzs on the mp for 1fg each, why should someone buy yours?
Then again, most of the time I prefer selling fast and cheap, so there's probably room for differences of opinion here.

General suggestion: don't ever do anything that would lead your reader to believe that you're calling him/her ignorant.
But of course you already know that. smile.gif

Edit: lol, I sold 3 items while writing that. I find this amusing. happy.gif

This post was edited by Behemoth on Dec 12 2008 12:03pm
Gold: 5,000.00
Dec 12 2008 01:52pm
My strategy.. ask the gurus, they've never steered me wrong.
Gold: 161.90
Dec 12 2008 04:57pm
not a bad guide is very useful for someone like me that knows nothing about price's.
I would look on the market first even if i found a nice item then if non where there in comparison I would just use the p/c thread.
I think this Guide might help keep some off the shrinables off the market maybe?
good job maybe fine tune a little for the more experienced traders if yoou wanted to but for a beginner its very nice.
Gold: 1.71
Dec 12 2008 05:14pm
If you just started LS and are finding crappy low items , then perhaps this could be useful . Otherwise no . There are so many items that are on the mp still because they are overpriced tongue.gif

This post was edited by Natester on Dec 12 2008 05:15pm
Gold: 22.50
Dec 12 2008 09:45pm
Quote (gamer101 @ Fri, 12 Dec 2008, 18:57)
not a bad guide is very useful for someone like me that knows nothing about price's.
I would look on the market first even if i found a nice item then if non where there in comparison I would just use the p/c thread.
I think this Guide might help keep some off the shrinables off the market maybe?
good job maybe fine tune a little for the more experienced traders if yoou wanted to but for a beginner its very nice.

Unfortunately this isn't what a guide is for. As I've stated in all 3 of my guides I have made: a guide is for a beginner. The veterans in this game know what to do and don't need guides -- and they even develop their own way of doing things. As a result you get posts like bubbachunk's and Animage's -- which are perfectly respectable.
Banned
Gold: 153.16
Warn: 30%
Dec 29 2008 12:58pm
This is a great guide to help out beginner Ladder Slashers. smile.gif
Maybe now we'll see some sexier stuff for sale instead of people just shrining all those 280% EE items that drop. laugh.gif

Thanks!
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll