The Universal Price Checking Guide
What is price checking? (defined)
Advancing your price checking capabilities
Pricechecking "use-ables" Section 1 What is price checking?
Q: What is price checking?
A: Price checking is the method of checking the current market and using past market knowledge to make an estimated price for an item.
Q: Is it easy to do?
A: Yes -- very easy to do the basic
method. Refer to the "Basic" method described below.
Q: I can't figure it out -- where can I get help?
A: Post in these for help: Softcore
or Hardcore The basic price check method Six Step Process
The basic price check method is very simple!! Just follow the steps below!
1) Open your market in Ladder Slasher.
2) Take the item you would like to price check and place the following stats into the search tool of the market:
- Item type (Weapon/Armor/Charm/etc)
- Item class (sword/axe/plate mail/etc.)
- Item level
- One magical level lower than the items level. If its magical -- just search magical.Example:
Say you are looking for the price on a level 30 sword with a mystical magic level.
- Select "Weapons"
- Select "Swords"
- Put item level "30 to 30"
- Min Magical Level: "Rare"
3) Click search and you will get a list of items that compare to your item.
4) Find the cost of an item that is one magical level below your item (if yours is magical -- void this step).
5) Find the average cost of the magical level that your item has.
6) Average these two out -- put it up for that price.
See its pretty simple actually!! Just 6 steps. Advancing your price checking abalities General Tips
There are a couple things that will give you an edge on other price checkers.
1) If you are active in your Core's trading forum you will want to notice what people are bidding on items. Take note as to what is usually offered on items -- and where the bumping train begins. If someone is bumping there topic a while without getting offers, they have surpassed the items cost most likely.
2) Keep an eye on what is on high demand. A good trader will always observe threads and see what is getting bid wars and what isn't. When price checking something simply tag it with "this is likely to get higher based on demand". Also advise them to not put a bin on the item, and no short dls.
3) Simply watch the buyers. Watch who is moving in on the market. A high roller can highly effect market prices all by themself. If someone with a lot of fg is coming in looking to buy a lot of new gear -- or you know what they are looking to buy -- keep this in mind. Price checking "use-ables" Just 5 steps
Price checking "use-able" items is just a little bit different than price checking muteables.
1) Open the market in Ladder Slasher.
2) Place the important stat into the search bar along with the item type (Weapon/Armor/Charm/etc).
3) Try to search +/- 10 levels of the item. So if you are searching a 30 sword you will want to search levels 20 to 40.
4) Press search & compare prices.
5) All you need to do now is make a good judgement on what a good price would be. A good rule to follow is that the Market Place is normally a bit overpriced, so never follow those items.
Hope this will help a lot of you out!! I've noticed a lot of people needing help with price checking -- so now we will see if its lack of info or simply ignorance.