7. Transmutation Box What about this box?
This magic box is similar to the horadric cube in diablo2 and works in a matchable way:
Put 2 items of the same kind in the box and hit the transmute button. Cross your fingers now.
The magic quality does not necessarily have to be the same.
The modifications of the 2 items will now be randomly exchanged and you get 1 new item with new modifications.
The kind of the item stays the same, the magical quality depends on the ingredients.
Example: You insert 2 diamond swords with the magical quality magical and rare.
You now get 1 diamond sword out of this with new modifications, it's magical quality varies between magical and rare.
There is also a very slight chance even to upgrade the quality to the next level, mystical
Magic Luck has a positive effect on this chance to upgrade the quality, but i will not go into the details in this guide.
There are new recipes added to the traditional way:
- Armor + Ice Charm = Armor with Strength or Mind Numb
- Armor + Fire Charm = Armor with Intelligence or Armor Pierce
- Armor + Lightning Charm = Armor with Dexterity or Damage Return
- Armor + Wind Charm = Armor with Dexterity or Critical Flux
- Armor + Earth Charm = Armor with Vitality or Block
- Armor + Wild Heal = Armor with Mana Regen or Luck
- Armor + Heal = Armor with Mana Regen or Physical Damage Reduction %
- Armor + Focused Heal = Armor with Life Regen or Magical Damage Reduction %
- All armor and charms must be magical or higher
- The tier of the armor and the charm must be the same
- The armor will be the same type of armor (possible variance on magical), with a guaranteed stat above depending on the charm type used
- The armor must be in 1st slot, charm in 2nd
If you want to know what possible mutable items are worth, check this guide:Farside's Sc Ls Muteable P/c Price Guide8. Well of evil
In this well there is a very old and strong monster resting till eternity until some idiot ( you
) throws a normal (plain) item that you have found some time before
into it and wakes it up. So well, how would you react when sleeping for a while and someone wakes you up suddenly? Right, you do quite the same as the monster, attack the intruder and beat the hell out of him. So beware, it may be a lot stronger then you. If you beat this monster, you will receive a nice bunch of experience and the normal item you have thrown in suddenly has a rare+ quality. This is a nice way of getting nice and expensive items, but remember you have to beat the monster, otherwise you receive nothing but death (if you do not run away) and the item is lost. And the monsters will get a lot stronger while you level higher and you need better gear to be competitive.
Important: Current changers on wells:
- Well monsters now correctly use the pre-generated item that is spawned as their equipment
- Well monsters have been adjusted to be level appropriate to both the character level, and the item thrown in.
For example, if you are level 1, and throw in an item from a level 30 monster, it will spawn a monster at approximately level 30!
If you are level 30 and throw in a level 1 item, it will spawn a monster at approximately level 30.
Because of the recent changes, the loophole of welling high level items at level 1 is eliminated.
It is no MUCH harder to well items because the well monsters become stronger due to this fact.
Up to know, caster charms have turned out to be more effective against the well monsters, but a 100% success chance is nearly impossible.
The only way to secure your success, is investing in very powerful gear, which will cost a lot.
Melee characters should go for life leach, to keep their life pool regenerating during the battle and a high ee weapon.
If you feel you do not have any change to beat the well monsters, stop trying it with your promising wellable items.
Transfer them to your mule character e.g. until you have better gear.
For more help concerning wells, check this guide:Enter The Well Of Evil9. Shrine of Mu'rakar
This shrine is a possibility to gain life and mana outside combats, it is a kind of life and mana potion.
Click the symbol and drag and drop a magical+ item inside. You will now gain a number of life and mana added to your pool.
If the item quality is higher, you gain more, but before you throw something inside, you should think about if it may be worthy
and better used for muting or for putting it on the market place.10. Guild points and master quest
What is a guild point?11. Accessory charm How does it work?You equip it by drag and drop the charm in the accessory charm slot in your inventory.
Guild points represent the activity in ladder slasher of different guilds and its players here on the forums and determine the position in the d2jsp guild list. More guild points represent prestige, an active guild and a strong company.
What happens if i leave a guild?
The guild points will stay in the guild and you will not see them in your personal profile any more.
How to get guild points?
By attempting the masterquest, this is possible from level 71 onwards (any time after you have reached level 71)
How many guild points do i receive for a passed master quest?
What happens after the masterquest?
- One of the 4 basic characters -> Samurai - 2 guild points if pass
- Samurai to Paladin - 5 guild points if pass
- Paladin to Monk - 6 guild points if pass
- Monk to Ninja - 10 guild points if pass
- Ninja to Warlock - 12 guild points if pass
- Warlock to Headhunter - 25 guild points if pass
- Headhunter to Alchemist - 30 guild points if pass
- Alchemist to Reset Ladder - 100 guild points if pass
- If you do not pass, you get 1 guild point at least and 1 more for every unlocked character class later on
- Numbers are doubled in hardcore
The character is rerolled to level 1 and if you pass, the next secret character is unlocked. If you fail, you will just be rerolled to level 1. In both cases you keep all your items and get the guild points as written above.
Do i get full guild points if i passed the mq and play a previous class?
If you have passed e.g. to Samurai once and pass with a feeder class on ANOTHER character, you receive the full guild points.
If you have passed e.g. to Samurai and decide to do the next climb as feeder class again on the SAME character, you only receive 1 guild point either if you fail or pass, as you unlocked the Samurai already for that character.
Additionally, death penalties and experience reductions will count as if you play the Samurai
What is the master quest like?
You will have to find out yourself and make your own experiences. But always remember: You do NOT need any gear or an high end mouse, this
quest all depends on your faith and a tiny bit of luck.
When is the ladder reset?
If a player manages to unlock all classes and passes the masterquest with the last one. All characters are rerolled to level 1. But you keep all items.
A reset on softcore does not affect hardcore and the other way round.
How long does a season last?
Due to the changed game mechanics, it is impossible to predict the next reset, but as long as their is no alchemist you are certainly save
and even an alchemist is not a guarentee that a season will reset soon these days.
- Season 1 > 11/15/06 : Reset by tcby (Season lasted 81 days)
- Season 2 > 12/12/06 : Reset by Sgull (Season lasted 28 days)
- Season 3 > 1/30/07 : Reset by olbaid (Season lasted 49 days)
- Season 4 > 3/10/07 : Reset by Aktak (Season lasted 39 days)
- Season 5 > 9/05/07 : Reset by kewbie (Season lasted 179 days)
- Season 6 > 12/09/07 : Reset by Perez BOT, stole my reset (Season lasted 95 days)
- Season 7 > 4/06/08 : Reset by Ryanrules (Season lasted 119 days)
- Season 8 > 6/07/08 : Reset by Intel(Season lasted 60 days)
So you can use 2 charms at the same time, but the do not work in the same way:
The acc. charm does not give any stat points and and its effectiveness is reduced by 25%
You may use this charm to attack, but it is not very effective.
You should rather use it to heal yourself:
Choose the charm by clicking on its image or hit the hotkey "a" (red box around it when used)
Now click on your name and you will heal yourself.It does not work?Remember, you can only use this charm during a combat and it costs mana like every charm, so no mana = no heal.Can i use it also as a main charm?
Yes you can, and it is even more effective here.
The main charm works with 100% and has all the advantages shown, of course.
These healing charms exist:
- Wild heal: Small minimum heal, high maximum heal. huge difference
- Heal: higher minimum heal, not so high maximum heal. medium difference
- Focused Heal: higher minimum heal, medium maximum heal. small difference
- Healing with these charms is the only way to regain life in the catacombs, so it is VERY helpful there
- Also monsters may use these charms and heal themselves
- Hint: Especially as a melee char you may fight against level 1 monsters and use this heal charm until your mana is empty. This speeds up your life regenerating periods by far
Check this guide for further reading:Acc. Charm Explained12. Catacombs (multiplayer)
The catacombs are the place were to fight against many monsters with your fellow slashers.
You can either open your own party and play alone
wait for other players to join you ( up to 5 players each party in total )
Or you join another existing party.
Note: The level range from the creator of the group is +/- 3 levels.
If you want to play with your guild mates only and dont like others to join, active the guild only button.
When the party is lower then 2 players, e.g. because the others leave or die, the party is dissolved and you get to the main catacomb screen again.
There are two basic ways of playing here:
The classical way is chosen by activating the "no explore" button. Monsters will spawn in numbers from 1-9 and strength in a linear rising order making it harder room for room.
Each of the total 9 waves will be harder spawning an additional monster, but you will be rewarded with better drops and experience.
The group creator can: Summon the monsters by clicking the engage button.
They are in comparison harder than a single monster in the maze, but give more experience.
The new way is the maze. You can explore the labyrinth by moving the arrow keyson your keyboard.
If there are more players in a party, the game creator will do this and the others watch.
With every step surprising things may happen:
- Randomaly spawning monster(s) in any number
- Stronger Boss monsters
- Teleporters that spin you to another place on the map
- Trap doors that bring you to a harder level
- Treasure chests
- and more
The experience each monster is lower, but especially in a good party you can do really long lasting runs discovering the whole map, get a lot of experience and items.
- Front ( F ]: likely to be target of the monster(s): Position for tank chars with nice def and life, e.g. barbarian, guardian, fighter
- Middle ( M ): not that likely to be target of the monster(s): Position for rogues
- Back ( B ): not very likely to be target of the monster(s): Position for magicians or rogue casters or people who run out of life.
You can NOT regenerate your life and mana in the catacombs between fights or by modifications like life steal, life/mana regen, life/mana after kill/attack
The only way to heal is using heal charms, also to heal others.
If you are about to die, leave the party by clicking the leave button.
Kick players with the command /kick PLAYER
Bonus for same guild ONLY parties: +1% Experience and +1% item drop bonus each guild member.
New Items to be found only in the catacombs:
- Potions can spawn with various + stat(s).
- When used, they permanently add those stat values to your character, until he rerolls in any fashion (by choice, Master Quest, or Ladder Reset)
- Totems can spawn with other special stats, that are also permanent. The same rules above apply, if applicable.
- For guild points totems, these are permanent using the same rules as GPs gained through the MQ
- Potions and Totems can only spawn in multiplayer
- Potions can drop in any room, but have a higher rarity in the first 8 rooms
- Potions and Totems can drop with less rarity in the final room. Totems are much more rare than potions, even in the final room
GENERAL drop rate of items is increased by 50% over Single Player drop rate
Leechers will gain less or no experience, and not be able to pick up items that drop.
- /who now displays how long ago (in seconds) the user did they last action.
- /who *ACCOUNTNAME
- /msg *ACCOUNTNAME Message goes here
- Where *ACCOUNTNAME is the users d2jsp account name.
- /list characterlevel to search for other online players in your level range
- /dnd to diable private messages if you want to slash in privacy
Check this guide for more information:Beginners guide to Multiplayer13. Proficiencies:What is a proficiency? Simply put, the more you use a weapon/charm, the better your abililties with that item are!
The experience for a weapon class does not depend on the amount of kills, but on the usage ( total hits )
So especially in the early levels, you need more character levels for 1 proficiency level up,
as you kill most of the monsters with 1-2 hits already.What bonus do i receive ? For each point in a proficiency, you receive 1 enhanced effect for this type.
E.g.: You use axes and your proficiency level rise to 1. ALL axes you use will have additonal 1 EE.
This is a PASSIVE feature, so this will neither show up in the weapon stats nor in the character stats.Why doesnt my proficiency rise? I even loose experience!! The experience you need for a proficiency level up increases with every prof level you already gained in there.
As written above, it depends on your level / the monsters level how many hits you do.
When your proficiency is on level 4, you will not receive any experience before your character level is at least level 4, too.
Very important for the kamikaze players: If you die, you loose proficiency experience of ALL proficiencies, so take care and rather run!What about healing charms, i cant hit enemies with them? They work a little different, but generally spoken if you heal yourself or others actively
with the same type of healing charm, you gain experience as wellHow long can you keep the proficiencies? They work only on the character itself, you can not transfer them to other characters.
If you die, you loose experience. Proficiency levels do NOT get lost if you attempt the master quest,
re-roll the character or change to another character class.
Proficiencies are now consistent and will not reset when the ladder is reset either. 14. Fishing and Cooking:
Fishing is another way to gain items that recover life and mana - fish
You can use a rod that dropped e.g. in the catacombs or choose a loaner.
Watch out when you found a rod, if it breaks, its lost. A loaner will be provided free anytime.
The aim is to catch a fish before it can escape or your rod breaks.
Thus, always check the upper bar, it should not run to zero. The other bar represents the fish, if this is zero, you got the fish.
You should not click onto the fishes health barlike mad to reel them in, but do it slow with some strategy.
Everytime the SNAG! appears, you have to counter the action by clicking the Snack button.
The more you fish, the higher your fishing proficiency rises and you can try to catch a higher level fish.
With no experience, you should usually go for level 1 or 2 fish.
According to what is know at the moment:
Level 1-4 fish: maximum of 50 life, mana, or combined.
Ex. Magical Fish - Heals 50 Life
Level 5-9 fish: maximum of 100 life, mana, or combined.
You should check this guide for some more information on fishing: Fishing - A Guide For All Of You
After you catched some fish, you may cook them in order to increase their effect.
Basically, this works quite the same as the fishing.
The top bar represents the temperature, if this rises to the maximum, your fish gets burned and its effect lowered.
The bottom bar represents the cooking level of your fish, the best effect would be a 100% cooked fish.
You can only cook fresh fish.
Cook in the same way as you fish and when the FLAME! appears counter it by pressing the Flame button15. Glyphing:
You may take gear you found to this place in order to create Glyphs out of them.
This means, you can use this item afterwards outside combats in the same way as a fish or comfrey,
but in this case you receive the modifications of this item also in battles for a certain amount of time as if you equipped it.
Points of the same modification do not stack up, but you can use several glyphs with different mods of course.
Choose an item you want to glyph and start the process.
3 messages can appear: Transfuse, Purge, and Inscribe
As soon as it appears, hit the corresponding button. If you fail or are to slow, the stability of the item loweres.
If it hits zero or you abort the process, its lost.
You can gain proficiency skills for this process as well, this is important to glyph higher level items.
Whenever a ??? appears instead of one of the messages above, your skill level is most likely to low for the item you want to glyph and you have to guess.
You can read much more about this over here:Skitty's Guide To The Glyphing Chamber16. Thanks:
All authors of the guide collection
who provided their time, effort and knowledge. THANKS. Paul (njaguar)
for the great game itself and all the updates. Paparick
for moderating the thread and all the help the ladder slasher community
and all readers of this guide
I can not take any responsibility of the correctness of this guide.
There may be typos, wrong information our simply an error at my side.
I did my best to prevent this to give you the information as secure as possible, but I can not exclude any errors unfortunately.
Thus I would be happy for any (constructive) feedback and improvement proposals to make this guide a little better.
Do not hesitate to post your opinion here, but I would like please you to do this in a friendly and helpful way.
If there are any questions concerning the guide or something else, feel free to pm me about them.
NaRaOpen for feedback, questions and more This post was edited by NaRa on Oct 11 2008 05:41am