d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > General Help Archive > Line 1646 > Have You Seen This Strange Crash? Click
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,222.22
Sep 15 2008 07:21am
Ok, my playing enjoyment just got very hard. I know this isn't probably the best place to post this, but I know there's lots of eye pairs out there,
and I would appreciate help with this matter very much.

First it started randomly, game crashed now and then - now it does it almost every time I try to join *any* game.

I get this error message:

Diablo II Error

Halt
Expression : Unrecoverable internal error 6fe1f26c

And D2 closes right after this. I have removed D2 from my system, defragged, scandisked, re-installed - and nothing works.
I also copied the *.MPQ files to my Diablo II folder, since I assumed they could be corrupt. Didn't work out either.

Have any of you spotted this before? Are there any fixes out there?

If I'm offline and you know possible answer for this, mail to me.. all my fgs for the solution (not much but still).

My mail address is: ei dot mainoksia at muppa dot org

Thanks for viewing.. my D2 career ends here if I can't find anything to fix this sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
Gold: 0.00
Sep 15 2008 07:24am
Hmm,
I used to get the same problem I fixed it by just Uninstalling Diablo II then Re-installing it.
Sorry if this does not help.
Edit: Still Get It Sometimes

This post was edited by DvSD on Sep 15 2008 07:25am
Gold: 1,725.00
Sep 15 2008 07:24am
Do you have any other programs running such as msn etc?
Sep 30 2008 02:55pm
nope, and the only thing that worked was switching computers to play with.. i uninstalled, defragged, scandisked, re-installed tens of times with no effect
Gold: 185,067.00
Sep 30 2008 03:13pm
Maybe your drivers are corrupt. I would suggest to format and start all over. If that shouldn't fix it then I would be surprised. But on the other hand having to take backup and what not is really annoying too.
Sep 30 2008 04:39pm
and now the same errors started with brand new laptop too smile.gif is diablo corrupting the drivers?
Gold: 2,069.69
Sep 30 2008 05:02pm
Quote (Zompy @ Mon, Sep 15 2008, 07:24am)
Do you have any other programs running such as msn etc?

Interesting. I get this error the odd time too. Not too often, but it's annoying when you're in the middle of something.

Anyway, I've had things running in the background during this, such as MSN, Windows Media Player, and possibly Firefox. But I've never really investigated and I couldn't tell for sure that these were all running the same time this error popped up.

I've had this both on my new computer, and my old. I was wondering the same problem, maybe you have the same problem as me?

This post was edited by chantal7 on Sep 30 2008 05:03pm
Oct 1 2008 05:45am
Yup. I don't run any other processes on the background. I've also called to Blizzard Hotline about this - to no avail.
And it somehow keeps increasing over time.. if it happens to you randomly now and keep playing long enough, it will raise to amounts where it encounters 7/10 times when you join or create a new game. And it's pretty frustrating.

I've got 2 solutions now that seem to work for the case: Formating the whole hard drive or changing your PC. Which is pretty damn weird error I think.
Gold: 2,069.69
Oct 1 2008 06:57pm
Quote (wappa @ Wed, Oct 1 2008, 05:45am)
Yup. I don't run any other processes on the background. I've also called to Blizzard Hotline about this - to no avail.
And it somehow keeps increasing over time.. if it happens to you randomly now and keep playing long enough, it will raise to amounts where it encounters 7/10 times when you join or create a new game. And it's pretty frustrating.

I've got 2 solutions now that seem to work for the case: Formating the whole hard drive or changing your PC. Which is pretty damn weird error I think.

For fuck sakes. I hate keyboards. I pressed something that made the whole browser close, so now I have to re-type. ><

Anyway... I've changed PC's - no change. And there's no way in hell I'm formatting the hard drive - haha.

I know exactly when I get my error when I do get it.

It's when I'm going to switch characters (same or different account, happened on both). I'd click the char I want, and suddenly right after I clicked it, the error popped up. This is the only time this error ever comes up on me. So I wonder if you get your error on the same thing as me? Or have you paid any attention?
Gold: 20,690.00
Oct 1 2008 07:17pm
Quote (chantal7 @ Wed, Oct 1 2008, 08:57pm)
For fuck sakes. I hate keyboards. I pressed something that made the whole browser close, so now I have to re-type. ><

Anyway... I've changed PC's - no change. And there's no way in hell I'm formatting the hard drive - haha.

I know exactly when I get my error when I do get it.

It's when I'm going to switch characters (same or different account, happened on both). I'd click the char I want, and suddenly right after I clicked it, the error popped up. This is the only time this error ever comes up on me. So I wonder if you get your error on the same thing as me? Or have you paid any attention?

Yeah, that's exactly when i get it sometimes..
but never 7/10 times..
Usually when im xfering and i switch quickly.
Go Back To General Help Archive Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll