d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1203220332034203520362039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Sep 29 2021 03:27pm
Quote (Kampy @ Sep 29 2021 04:42pm)
28 years old, 5’10”, 170 pounds, no medical conditions, no food allergies, only physical limitiations is that I’m out of shape as hell 😅

Looking to get back in shape first and foremost, get my muscles used to moving frequently again. Then I wanna do weight training to get somewhat bulk, shred body fat (even though I’m skinny I just have a fat belly from drinking too much beer lol)

OK, so for now do you have gym access? Also what is your daily schedule (ie: work from 8am-5pm monday-friday).

Gold: 344.82
Sep 29 2021 10:36pm
Full gym access, 9 am to 5 pm on 4 of the week days, no availability on Tuesdays (work all day/night) or Sundays (beyond massive NFL football fan) but Saturday fully open
Oct 22 2021 12:13am
Quote (Kampy @ Sep 30 2021 12:36am)
Full gym access, 9 am to 5 pm on 4 of the week days, no availability on Tuesdays (work all day/night) or Sundays (beyond massive NFL football fan) but Saturday fully open

Sorry about that I missed your last message, I will make you a plan and post it tomorrow.
Oct 23 2021 11:51am
Quote (Kampy @ Sep 30 2021 12:36am)

5x5 Plan w/ Basic Bulking Diet

For Diet, you are going to want around 2,500-3,000 calories on workout days, and around 2,000-2,200 calories on non-workout days. You can definitely modify this based on how you feel and how you look. IE: if you are starting to gain body fat, reduce the total calories, predominantly from carbs.

2,500 cals:

Wake up - have 2 cups of coffee or stimulant supplement of your choice (don't overdo it) - preferably get about 20-30 minutes of fasted cardio in.
Meal 1 (wait 15 mins after finishing cardio) - 50g Protein shake w/ 1 cup oatmeal + handful of berries or other fruit
Meal 2 - 1 chicken breast + large green salad + olive oil/vinegar or yogurt dressing + handful of croutons or 1 slice of bread
Meal 3 - 6 oz lean beef (90/10 or better) w/ veggies and 1 cup brown rice + 1tbsp olive oil
Meal 4 - 8 oz chicken breast + 1/2 cup black beans + 1/2 cup green pepper + 1 cup brown rice
Meal 5 (assuming this is POST WORKOUT, if not adjust this meal to PWO) - 1 50g Protein shake + 1 tbsp peanut butter + handful mixed berries or other fruit
Meal 6 - 1 cup cottage cheese + 1 TSP peanut butter + cinnamon/stevia/vanilla or whatever other optional flavorings you choose.

In order to reduce the calories in this diet you would just reduce quantity consumed. I would always reduce the carbs before anything else. You can also change the diet up as much as you'd like as long as you keep a fairly high level of protein (200g+) and keep the calories in check. Obviously monitoring other things such as saturated fats, sugar, sodium, etc. are all a good idea. Keep sugar as low as humanly possible, keep saturated fats also as low as possible (with at least a 3:1 ratio of unsaturated to saturated fat), and keep sodium to a radio of 1x sodium per 2x potassium, 1x magnesium, and 1x calcium. This is obviously MUCH harder to do, so don't go crazy.

Supplementation is also a good idea, so I would start with the basics:

1. Multivitamin (NOW! Adam or NOW! Sports - Mens Active) - take 3 caps per day
2. Vitamin D3+K2 (NOW! Mega D3/K2) - take 5-10K IU per day
3. Vitamin C (NOW! C-1000) - take 2x per day (preferably separated into 2 doses)
4. Omega 3 (NOW! Ultra Omega 3) - take a total of 4x per day (1x per food meal)
5. Zinc (NOW! Zinc Picolinate) - take 50mg daily
6. ZMA (NOW! ZMA) - take 3x capsules before bed

Protein/Creatine -

For Protein powder and making shakes I would recommend NOW! Whey Isolate. The flavor is very bland and almost non-existant, so don't expect to really enjoy this. It is for gains, not for taste. However if you really want something flavorful without added chemicals, try the Muscle Milk Naturals.

For Creatine, you will use Optimum Nutrition Micronized Creative Monohydrate - I would highly recommend using 20g / day for the first week, then taper down to 5g / day after that. Stay on creatine for the first year without stopping. After the first 12 months, you can take a 2 week hiatus from creatine, then go back on for another 8-12 months and repeat.

REMEMBER TO DRINK AT LEAST 1 GAL OF WATER PER DAY!

5x5 PLAN for Strength and Size

The 5x5 plan is basically 5 reps for 5 sets of a particular exercise for most days. Other exercises will be 5 sets of 8-12 reps. You will do at LEAST 20 total sets per day. It will be used in the following manner for 5x5:

Set 1 – 5 reps of 60% max weight
Set 2 – 5 reps of 70% max weight
Set 3 – 5 reps of 85% max weight
Set 4 – 5 reps of 85% max weight
Set 5 – 5 reps of 90% max weight

So if you can bench press 225 lbs for 1 rep, your set would look like this –
Set 1 – 135 lbs [135 x 5]
Set 2 – 155 lbs [155 x 5]
Set 3 - 185 lbs [185 x 5]
Set 4 - 185 lbs [185 x 5]
Set 5 – 205 lbs [205 x 5]

In order to determine your max, however, grab a spotter at the gym, and load up weight until you can only do 1 unassisted rep. That is your 1-rep max from which you will be able to get your 5x5 plan started.
Don’t forget, its best to use a spotter no matter what, but if you can’t the 5x5 is fine to do without one. As for the 5x8-12, you will do moderately heavy weight for optimal burn and pump.

Day 1 (Monday) - Chest
• Bench Press - 5 sets of 5 reps
• Incline Bench Press - 5 sets of 5 reps
• Decline Press - 5 sets of 5 reps
• Cable Crossovers – 5 sets of 8-12 reps (do not use 5x5 for this!)
OTHER CHEST EXERCISES INCLUDE: Dumbbell Bench Press, Incline Dumbbell Bench Press, Dumbbell Decline Bench Press, Dumbbell Flies, Pec Deck, Weighted Pushups, Wide Chest Press, Overhead extensions. You can use any of these exercises instead of the 4 I have mentioned if you want to change it up or have difficulty doing any of those 4.

Day 2 (Tuesday) - Back
• Barbell Deadlift - 5 sets of 5 reps
• Lat Pulldown - 5 sets of 5 reps
• Seated Cable Row - 5 sets of 5 reps
• Dumbbell Rows - 5 set of 8-12 reps
OTHER BACK EXERCISES INCLUDE: Lower Back Extensions, Underhand High Cable Rows, Rack Pulls, Good-Mornings, Dumbbell Deadlifts, Close-Grip Pulldowns, or Barbell Rows. You can use any of these exercises instead of the 4 I have mentioned if you want to change it up or have difficulty doing any of those 4.

Day 3 (Wednesday) – Legs
• Barbell Squats - 5 sets of 5 reps
• Seated Machine Leg Extensions - 5 sets of 5 reps
• Seated Machine Leg Curls - 5 sets of 5 reps
• Standing Calf Raises 5 sets of 8-12 reps
• Seated Calf Raises 5 sets of 8-12 reps
OTHER LEGS EXERCISES INCLUDE: Dumbbell leg lunges, Leg Hip Abbduction Machine, Leg Hip Adduction Machine, Laying leg curls, Front Squats, 1 Leg Squats. You can use any of these exercises instead of the 4 I have mentioned if you want to change it up or have difficulty doing any of those 5.

Day 4 (Thursday) - Shoulders
• Military Press - 5 sets of 5 reps
• Dumbbell Shoulder Shrugs - 5 sets of 8-12 reps
• Dumbbell Shoulder Presses - 5 sets of 5 reps
• Dumbbell Front Raises - 5 sets of 8-12 reps
OTHER SHOULDERS EXERCISES INCLUDE: Lateral Dumbbell Raises, Barbell Shrugs, Arnold Presses, Straight Bar Cable Pulldowns, Herculean Pulls. You can use any of these exercises instead of the 4 I have mentioned if you want to change it up or have difficulty doing any of those 5.

Day 5 (Friday) - Arms
• EZ-Bar Curls - 5 sets of 8-12 reps
• Dumbbell Concentration Curls - 5 sets of 8-12 reps
• Olympic Bar Curls - 5 sets of 5 reps
• Weighted Dips (Machine or Free) - 5 sets of 5 reps
• Tricep Cable Pulldowns - 5 sets of 8-12 reps
• Dumbbell Tricep Kickbacks - 5 sets of 8-12 reps
OTHER ARMS EXERCISES INCLUDE: Preacher Curls, standing double curls, seated hammer curls, close-grip curls, EZ-bar 21's, skullcrushers, ez-bar tricep extensions, Rope Pulldowns, single handle reverse grip pulldowns, and close-grip bench press.

Day 6 – (Saturday) Rest
Day 7 – (Sunday) Rest
NOTE::: Every single day at the gym (5 days a week) you will be doing abs!! You will need to work into your schedule 100-200 reps of ab workout into 20-25 rep sets.
Ab exercises:
Crunches, Hanging Leg Raises, Broomstick Twists, Roman Chair Situps, V-Crunches, Decline Situps, & Knee Raises.

IF YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DO A PARTICULAR EXERCISE MENTIONED ABOVE…GO TO THIS WEBSITE: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.htm
Gold: 344.82
Oct 23 2021 04:10pm
This is awesome, thank you so much!!
Gold: 20,690.00
Oct 29 2021 08:47pm
Hey man,

Really appreciate what you’ve done here. I wasn’t into fitness or lifting at all in 07/08, but got damn it may be stronger than my D2 habit now.

Super specific question, I want to be dry as fuck chiseled. I’m already very low bf% with somewhat visible ab veins in the right lighting, but I feel like I’m never as dry as a body builder. I want to wrap up this cut and bulk but I can’t seem to find a happy ending point. What do you suggest I do to get that last bit of shredded? Guess this is like comp prep but I have no interest in bb. I’m just a psycho.

Currently I’m eating one big meal a day with two protein shakes. I’ve never counted a calorie or macro but it’s been working for me to get me this far. Definitely am looking to change that and not dirty bulk for once.

I can post pictures here or PM to show you what I’m like now.

Appreciate any help.
Oct 29 2021 09:54pm
Quote (j5e27m @ Oct 29 2021 10:47pm)
Hey man,

Really appreciate what you’ve done here. I wasn’t into fitness or lifting at all in 07/08, but got damn it may be stronger than my D2 habit now.

Super specific question, I want to be dry as fuck chiseled. I’m already very low bf% with somewhat visible ab veins in the right lighting, but I feel like I’m never as dry as a body builder. I want to wrap up this cut and bulk but I can’t seem to find a happy ending point. What do you suggest I do to get that last bit of shredded? Guess this is like comp prep but I have no interest in bb. I’m just a psycho.

Currently I’m eating one big meal a day with two protein shakes. I’ve never counted a calorie or macro but it’s been working for me to get me this far. Definitely am looking to change that and not dirty bulk for once.

I can post pictures here or PM to show you what I’m like now.

Appreciate any help.

Hey there. That last little bit is always the hardest and falls under the category of pre-contest prep. Absent illicit substances (which I do NOT condone and JSP also does not permit the discussion of), the only way to "dry out" is dehydration and constant hypertrophy exercises. Here is a pre-contest prep guide I prepared before:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=365973885

Your strength will diminish greatly with this, but your physical appearance will be where you want it to be. Ultimately I do NOT recommend going down to the 6-8% range or lower 4-6% contest range for more than a month or two at most. The extremely low body fat % simply offers virtually no benefits other than appearance.

edit: I also want to thank you for your kind words, I appreciate it.

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on Oct 29 2021 09:55pm
Gold: 20,690.00
Oct 29 2021 10:20pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Oct 29 2021 11:54pm)
Hey there. That last little bit is always the hardest and falls under the category of pre-contest prep. Absent illicit substances (which I do NOT condone and JSP also does not permit the discussion of), the only way to "dry out" is dehydration and constant hypertrophy exercises. Here is a pre-contest prep guide I prepared before:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=365973885

Your strength will diminish greatly with this, but your physical appearance will be where you want it to be. Ultimately I do NOT recommend going down to the 6-8% range or lower 4-6% contest range for more than a month or two at most. The extremely low body fat % simply offers virtually no benefits other than appearance.

edit: I also want to thank you for your kind words, I appreciate it.

Awesome — thanks so much. Yeah I’m 100% natural and don’t plan on using anything until I’m older and actually need the t. Just not sure if I’m at the pre-contest dry out level.

Here’s my current physique (6’4” 215lbs): https://imgur.com/a/dYxdXTq

Ab vasc video was last night. Other random poses were 3 days ago. I have never seen my ab veins like this before. Was after a whole day of way too much caffeine, light cardio, and a pizza. Not sure if it was the side lightning or what, but I’ve wanted ab veins like this for a while now — just for the lean challenge.

I’m already well adjusted to the loss of strength, so no worries there. But yeah it sucks there are no other advantages aside from looking good lol.

Thanks again ❤️
Oct 29 2021 10:42pm
Quote (j5e27m @ Oct 30 2021 12:20am)
Awesome — thanks so much. Yeah I’m 100% natural and don’t plan on using anything until I’m older and actually need the t. Just not sure if I’m at the pre-contest dry out level.

Here’s my current physique (6’4” 215lbs): https://imgur.com/a/dYxdXTq

Ab vasc video was last night. Other random poses were 3 days ago. I have never seen my ab veins like this before. Was after a whole day of way too much caffeine, light cardio, and a pizza. Not sure if it was the side lightning or what, but I’ve wanted ab veins like this for a while now — just for the lean challenge.

I’m already well adjusted to the loss of strength, so no worries there. But yeah it sucks there are no other advantages aside from looking good lol.

Thanks again ❤️

Excellent progress! Good taper, very lean and the start of some good dryness. You have a more classical physique which should be easier for you to maintain vascularity and get to that dry level you want.
Gold: 25.00
Nov 10 2021 06:45pm
Hey Raynor,

Not sure if you remember me, but I asked you a few years back for fitness advice/plan for policing.

First of all, I wanted to thank you as I have achieved a career in law enforcement as of over a year and a half ago. Appreciate what you do on here and for free dude.

I also have a few followup questions I was hoping you could try and help me with:

Do you have any plans for weight loss for people who may not have as much time or who work shift work? I gained about 30ibs due to covid as my gyms only just opened this August. Right now I'm 6,2 285ibs. I'm not fat by any means, but I want to lose the 30. My biggest problem is my hours of work, I don't feel like exercise after a 12 hour workday or going to the gym after a 12 hour night shift. I'm usually working 4-5 days a week.

I have also noticed my recovery has taken a dip. I feel sick in terms of a runny nose and headaches after a workout.I'm also less motivated and go 2-4 days a week instead of a constant 4 days weekly. I'm also 31 years old now if that means anything.

In terms of my diet I eat pretty decent, but a lot of days suck and ill resort to fast food if I don't have time to make food or I cant leave work right away due to a call. On good days I'm usually eating chicken or lean meat and some sort of green veggies like broccoli of green beans.

I was hoping you had a plan and some nutrition ideas/ easy prep meals for this time of lifestyle. While my co workers say I look good and intimidating with the weight, I don't like it and I'm starting to feel depressed from it as well as job stress.

I'm pretty good at following plans if I have them in front of me. But its hard to come up with something concrete for myself.

Also off topic what are your thoughts on Sarms? They're legal where I am. I have a few buddies who are suggesting them to assist but I'm not sure.

Thanking you in advance!

This post was edited by bullets501 on Nov 10 2021 06:45pm
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1203220332034203520362039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll