d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1203020312032203320342039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,804.50
Aug 8 2019 10:51pm
i remember discussions about how trans fat is bad for our health. i picked up frozen sirloin beef patties at costco. there's no list of ingredients and sodium is low, so i'm assuming it's just meat. and i saw that 1/3 pound patty has 1.5g trans fat. is that the kind of trans fat we should avoid? or is that fine and not as bad as the partially hydrogenated oils?

https://costcocouple.com/kirkland-signature-sirloin-beef-patties/
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Aug 14 2019 12:29pm
Quote (carteblanche @ Aug 9 2019 12:51am)
i remember discussions about how trans fat is bad for our health. i picked up frozen sirloin beef patties at costco. there's no list of ingredients and sodium is low, so i'm assuming it's just meat. and i saw that 1/3 pound patty has 1.5g trans fat. is that the kind of trans fat we should avoid? or is that fine and not as bad as the partially hydrogenated oils?

https://costcocouple.com/kirkland-signature-sirloin-beef-patties/
https://costcocouple.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Kirkland-Signature-Sirloin-Beef-Patties-Costco-4.jpg

Short answer, all trans fat is not good for you, however, naturally occurring trans fat has less impact on your body than artificially occurring trans fat. IE: commercially produced oils with trans fat cause much higher impact on reducing your good cholesterol (HDL) and increasing your bad cholesterol (LDL). Animal fats by themselves only cause a slight increase of LDL and a slight decrease of HDL. Therefore, I wouldn't worry about the trans fat in your burger, unless your diet consists of an unreasonably large amount of burgers. Always make sure to keep your HDL high and LDL low. Eat plenty of EFA's from either supplements (like omega 3), olive oil, avocados, etc.
Sep 1 2019 02:47pm
To all of you who still view the board - my favorite bodybuilder of all time and one of the greatest who ever lived, Franco Columbu, died on 08/30/2019 at 78 years old.

He was Arnold Schwarzenegger's best friend, had won Mr. Olympia twice, competed in the Worlds Strongest Man several times, and set many powerlifting records during his career. As time went on, he and Arnold had several businesses together and remained friend until his final day. Franco became a chiropractor and nutritionist, ultimately writing many books and helping many people to achieve their goals.

On his last day alive, he went swimming at the beach while back home in San Teodoro, Sardinia, Italy. While swimming, he suffered a heart attack and drowned. A terrible end for someone who deserved much better.

Although the bright side is, he died doing what he loved, physical fitness.

He will be missed!

Gold: 0.00
Sep 3 2019 09:13am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Sep 2 2019 06:47am)
To all of you who still view the board - my favorite bodybuilder of all time and one of the greatest who ever lived, Franco Columbu, died on 08/30/2019 at 78 years old.

He was Arnold Schwarzenegger's best friend, had won Mr. Olympia twice, competed in the Worlds Strongest Man several times, and set many powerlifting records during his career. As time went on, he and Arnold had several businesses together and remained friend until his final day. Franco became a chiropractor and nutritionist, ultimately writing many books and helping many people to achieve their goals.

On his last day alive, he went swimming at the beach while back home in San Teodoro, Sardinia, Italy. While swimming, he suffered a heart attack and drowned. A terrible end for someone who deserved much better.

He will be missed!

Wow I didn’t know he died that way. What a horrible way to go.

I saw Arnold’s post on insta. It was beautiful.
Gold: 0.00
Sep 3 2019 09:37am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Sep 1 2019 04:47pm)

He will be missed!

Good lord, that’s a horrible way to go... RIP man.

Still has one of the worst injuries in strongman history, but he did it with a fridge on his back so it’s still badass.
Nov 18 2019 03:39pm
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ Sep 3 2019 10:37am)
Good lord, that’s a horrible way to go... RIP man.

Still has one of the worst injuries in strongman history, but he did it with a fridge on his back so it’s still badass.

It sure is a shame the way he went. He will be missed by the bodybuilding community.
Gold: 6.00
Jan 12 2020 09:01pm
Starting fresh in the gym and I'd like to talk to someone about a muscling building routine to get into that fits a 3 day a week schedule. Any help would be appreciated.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 20%
Feb 10 2020 12:53pm
Is it normal that 100% gold standard way chocolate peanut butter smells like horse chemical shit? tastes decent though but horrible strong chemical smell

I got a full refund anyway on amazon but not sure if this is what is supposed to smell like or not

Since this topic hasnt been replied in a month if anyone tried this one let me know..
Gold: 3,804.50
Apr 11 2020 09:11am
the world is scary right now, and i hope you're doing ok raynor.
Gold: 222.69
Warn: 30%
May 4 2020 09:17pm
Quote (carteblanche @ 11 Apr 2020 11:11)
the world is scary right now, and i hope you're doing ok raynor.

last post/seen in 2019.

RIP to Corona
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1203020312032203320342039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll