d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1202720282029203020312039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Dec 14 2018 11:50pm
Quote (Element1023 @ Nov 6 2018 12:58pm)
I dont think there was anything serious. I started using heat. I can't take anti inflammatory due to inflammatory bowel problem. And since it's my core and I take the public transit alot like trains that require me to stand I have core activation a lot. That's if I can get a seat if possible.

What other injury could it possibly be? I dont think it's a hernia. It just feels sore and my abs feel tight

How is it right now? I apologize for the long reply, I have been out of town.
Dec 14 2018 11:52pm
Quote (tidus_ffx2 @ Nov 23 2018 08:28pm)
I think I already know the answer to this, but how can lack of sleep affect the bodys recovery from a pinched nerve?

Recently had surgery to repair a severely herniated disk in my back which definitely improved the pain/weakness/numbness in my leg. However I think I have another one in my hip that affects the same area. Not sure if I should go right back under the knife or try some other methods of recovery (my sleep quality is horrendous). Also, how much can inflammation of the sinuses affect sleep?

Trying to keep this simple but the issues imp having are some long term things I'm trying to finally get fixed.

Thanks a bunch

Hey there.

First of all, sleep is probably the single most important thing for overall recovery, which includes healing injuries. That being said, it can substantially make a different in how long it takes to heal.

Secondly, sinus inflammation can also cause issues with sleep, especially if its allergy related. What type of sinus issues are you having specifically?
Dec 15 2018 02:44am
Quote (carteblanche @ Dec 4 2018 09:04pm)
i was browsing reddit and saw a lot of people recommend a Bidet. apparently it goes on the toilet and sprays water up your butt to wash after you poop. are those horribly disgusting or the best invention since the EZ curl bar?

LOL

Well, to be scientific, it is obviously much more hygienic to use a bidet or sanitary wipes to clean the anus after defecation than simply using paper.
Gold: 29,878.00
Dec 15 2018 03:32am
Hi! I feel like I'm the opposite of most people because I have trouble gaining weight.
I've always been underweight and I always felt embarrassed when I had to take off my shift in front of people because of my skinniness.
I'm 23, about 5'7, and weigh about 112lb (yea ik its bad)
Ik I just need to eat more but it's hard to eat when I don't really know what I should be eating to gain weight. For some reason I lost about 8 pounds this year, was about 120 at the beginning of the year. And if I want to go to the gym, should I try to gain weight before I go to the gym or should I go to the gym and try to gain weight at the same time? I've had gym memberships multiple times but I always felt embarrassed for the low weights I used compared to everyone else because I'm not able to lift much or anything. I also feel weird because sometimes I don't know how to work out properly. I used just go to the gym and do 2 muscles a day (bi/back, tri/chest, legs, shoulders) for about 3-4 days a week but since my food intake wasn't great, I feel like the gym wasn't helping out much and made me lose more weight.

Do you have suggestions for a meal plan or workout plan for me?
Also, any tips would help. Thank you!
Gold: 285.01
Dec 15 2018 02:28pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Dec 15 2018 12:52am)
Hey there.

First of all, sleep is probably the single most important thing for overall recovery, which includes healing injuries. That being said, it can substantially make a different in how long it takes to heal.

Secondly, sinus inflammation can also cause issues with sleep, especially if its allergy related. What type of sinus issues are you having specifically?

Completely understand sleep is the most important thing. I just feel like there's inflammation in my sinuses preventing my nasal passages from being as open as they should. I hear light squeaking when I breathe in that way, and it's a little more labored breathing out.
Gold: 25.65
Dec 18 2018 05:09pm
hi ray do you have any advice with shoulder flexibility and squats? I've been trying to squat resting the bar on the traps, because right now the only comfortable/natural position for me is if its lodged in between the top two spine bone thingies. I tried placing the bar lower off that area but that felt completely awkward and i was merely doing the bar. Any guidance/suggestions on this matter? thanks!

This post was edited by leemyungbak on Dec 18 2018 05:09pm
Gold: 25.65
Dec 19 2018 12:20pm
fk my last question. lab results back with 107 mg/dl. glucose. wat do?
Dec 21 2018 11:41pm
Quote (Alsetto @ Dec 15 2018 05:32am)
Hi! I feel like I'm the opposite of most people because I have trouble gaining weight.
I've always been underweight and I always felt embarrassed when I had to take off my shift in front of people because of my skinniness.
I'm 23, about 5'7, and weigh about 112lb (yea ik its bad)
Ik I just need to eat more but it's hard to eat when I don't really know what I should be eating to gain weight. For some reason I lost about 8 pounds this year, was about 120 at the beginning of the year. And if I want to go to the gym, should I try to gain weight before I go to the gym or should I go to the gym and try to gain weight at the same time? I've had gym memberships multiple times but I always felt embarrassed for the low weights I used compared to everyone else because I'm not able to lift much or anything. I also feel weird because sometimes I don't know how to work out properly. I used just go to the gym and do 2 muscles a day (bi/back, tri/chest, legs, shoulders) for about 3-4 days a week but since my food intake wasn't great, I feel like the gym wasn't helping out much and made me lose more weight.

Do you have suggestions for a meal plan or workout plan for me?
Also, any tips would help. Thank you!

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=345094501
Hardgainer Diet and Exercise Guide
Dec 21 2018 11:42pm
Quote (tidus_ffx2 @ Dec 15 2018 04:28pm)
Completely understand sleep is the most important thing. I just feel like there's inflammation in my sinuses preventing my nasal passages from being as open as they should. I hear light squeaking when I breathe in that way, and it's a little more labored breathing out.

Please see an ENT doctor and have them use a rhinoscope to check. If nothing serious shows up, you need to see an allergist and get tested.

see here for further:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=376255195
Allergy and Sinus Relief Guide
Dec 21 2018 11:43pm
Quote (leemyungbak @ Dec 19 2018 02:20pm)
fk my last question. lab results back with 107 mg/dl. glucose. wat do?

Was that fasting glucose levels??? or a few hours after a meal? Post meal glucose can be as high as 140.

edit - 2nd question -

Quote (leemyungbak @ Dec 18 2018 07:09pm)
hi ray do you have any advice with shoulder flexibility and squats? I've been trying to squat resting the bar on the traps, because right now the only comfortable/natural position for me is if its lodged in between the top two spine bone thingies. I tried placing the bar lower off that area but that felt completely awkward and i was merely doing the bar. Any guidance/suggestions on this matter? thanks!

Stretching in general will improve your flexibility. Yoga would be ideal, as well as traditional static/dynamic stretches pre/post/intra workout. Moreover, not every body is alike. You may have to modify certain exercises to achieve a position of neutrality and comfort.

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on Dec 21 2018 11:47pm
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1202720282029203020312039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll