d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1202220232024202520262039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Apr 12 2018 03:37pm
Quote (tommyd323 @ Mar 23 2018 01:06am)
Hi rayndaddy

I am an 18 year old 5’7” female at 150 lb that would like to lose weight. (Gf)
I am capable of performing compound movements just fine and I have access to a great gym however I “don’t wanna get too bulky” as I already have a big butt and legs

I am playing college volleyball so any additional stuff you can throw in that would help transfer to vertical, speed, and power on the volleyball court would be great.

If there’s any way you can help me with a diet/routine and/or cardio ideas, I’d greatly appreciate it.

Goal weight is 120 lb

Tommy, are your writing for a friend of yours?

Anyway,

Look through these first:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=374512912
Female Diet/Exercise/Supplementation Guide

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=357219388
Female Keto Guide

Once you take a look, let me know what customization you require.
Gold: 1,803.00
Apr 12 2018 06:43pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Apr 12 2018 04:37pm)
Tommy, are your writing for a friend of yours?

Anyway,

Look through these first:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=374512912
Female Diet/Exercise/Supplementation Guide

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=357219388
Female Keto Guide

Once you take a look, let me know what customization you require.

Yes i was writing for a friend. Basically exactly how she would want it. I tried backtracking some through the thread to find those posts but didn’t manage to. Thanks!
Gold: 42.00
Apr 13 2018 02:13pm
So when i work out, i an 6'3-4 tall and currently 150 lbs when i work out i hit 175 and after two days of stopping i drop 25 lbs, i am just now 23, what can i eat to prevent this huge flux
Gold: 73.71
Apr 13 2018 04:09pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Apr 12 2018 04:35pm)
Aerobic, Aerobic-Anaerobic, and Anaerobic are the three zones you are talking about.

Aerobic is around 50-65% of your HRR + RHR (heart rate reserve and resting heart rate)
Aerobic-Anaerobic is around 70-85% of your HRR + RHR
and Anaerobic is around 85-95% of HRR + RHR

HRR = max heart rate minus average resting heart rate. Example, if your max heart rate (220 - your age, or literally figured through cardio trials) is 190 and your resting heart rate is 50, your HRR is 140.

Plug that number in and you will get 50-65% of 140 (70-91 + RHR [50]) = 120-141 BPM. That would you be the ideal zone for fat burning.

Aerobic = best overall fat loss
Aerobic-Anaerobic = best overall for fitness
Anaerobic = best overall for pure cardio and carbohydrate depletion

In general, for a rule of thumb, 120-135 bpm is a gold standard for most people when doing cardio. The caveat is HIIT (high intensity interval training) which has been shown to be more efficient at burning fat and increasing cardio endurance rapidly.

Thank you Raynor, this is exactly what I was looking for

Since this post I've been mixing up my runs a bit, 3 days being HIIT where I'm in the AA/Anaerobic zone and 2-3 days at a lower rate, Aerobic-AA rate.

I find I struggle more to do the lower intensity cardio, I find it a bit boring when I'm not pushing the intensity
Gold: 115,229.43
May 1 2018 10:48am
Raynor - good to see you're still around. Did some quick Googling, surprised to see you haven't evolved into Youtube training videos etc. Are you personally still working out?

In any event, you helped me out with a basic workout plan 8 years ago (holy shit does time fly):

workout plan:
DO 30 mins of cardio at the end of every workout - also try to do 15-30 mins of cardio every morning on an empty stomach before eating breakfast

(5 sets of each, pyramiding up from low to high weight ending at approx 6 reps, starting at about 12 reps)
mon - chest/abs - flat bench, incline bench, DB flies, cable crossovers, v-crunches, hanging leg raises, and decline situps (or roman chair)
tues - back/calves - straight leg deadlifts, lat pulldowns, bent over BB rows, DB lawnmower rows, standing calf raises, bent over donkey calf raises, one-leg calf raises.
weds - shoulders/traps - military press, arnold presses, lat raises, front raises, db shrubs, bb shrugs, front cable pulldowns (dickersons)
thurs - legs/abs - squats, lunges, leg press, leg extensions, laying leg curls, standing calf raises, v-crunches, hanging leg raises, and decline situps (or roman chair)
fri - bis/tris/calves - standing olympic bar curls, alternating DB curls, seated hammer curls, tricep kickbacks, cable pulldowns, skullcrushers, donkey calf raises, one-leg calf raises
sat - cardio only - do at least 60 mins of cardio (any style at moderate intensity)
sun - off

This was a generic bulk/shape and trim some fat solely around the lower/side belly + probably rear. I was mid 20's back then and started to feel the effects of slower metabolism (the workout plan worked phenomenally btw). Now reaching into my 30's, I can feel the slowing metabolism more significantly. Anyway, I'm going to do my typical "~8 week burnout" leading into beach season. Does the above plan still seem reasonable? You also provided a meal plan like this:

Meal 1 - protein shake + Grapefruit Juice or 1/2 grapefruit + 1 cup oatmeal
Meal 2 - 1 Chicken Breast + 1 whole grain bun w/ veggies
Meal 3 - protein shake + grapefruit juice or 1/2 grapefruit + 2 brown rice cakes
Meal 4 - 1 can of tuna on a salad
Meal 5 - protein shake + handful mixed nuts
Meal 6 - 1 cup cottage cheese + cinnamon

Best.
Gold: 115,229.43
May 1 2018 12:27pm
Meant to actually ask something on my above post, but can't edit it:

What are your thoughts on doing 15 mins of cardio before I lift? Because that's what I've been doing all these years. Something about getting my heartrate up and a great sweat before I flex the muscles/move heavy weights, feels good.
Gold: 25.00
May 8 2018 07:50am
Hey raynor,

I’m wondering if you have or can make a personalized training plan for a half marathon? I want to improve aerobic and anaerobic endurance. I’ve just finished college for policing and I know I have to run 10K in less than an hour once I am accepted to the academy, so I figured training for a half marathon would prove beneficial. I also want to run the marathon for myself as an accomplishment to myself.

Currently I run 5ks with a time at about 26 minutes give or take and I’m trying to run these 2 days a week as a pre training plan just to get into the groove.

I also strength train 3 days a week. My current schedule looks as follows:

Monday: 1.5 mile treadmill run, usually done in 13 minutes or so/ interval training 5.1mph slow pace 1 minute then 9.5mph 30 second fast pace for 5 times.
Chest and bicep strength training 4 sets each exercise, incline dB, flat, decline, cable fly, preacher curl, incline db curl,

Tuesday 5k

Wednesday same running routine as Monday but training back and triceps 4 sets each back extension/lat pull down/cable rows/ lawnmower/tricep pulldown/ overhead tricep extension.

Thursday 5k

Friday same running routine as cross training days, legs and shoulders 4 sets each squats/leg press/ham curls/leg extension/calf raises/ shoulder flies/ shoulder press.

Saturday and Sunday rest ( once I start an actual plan I will run Saturday to increase mileage by 1-1.5m weekly and Sunday will be used to leisure bike ride)

Each exercise i start with 15 reps and increase weight until 10 reps then 6 reps with the last set being the lightest but I’ll rep until I can’t anymore.

I have a little over 20 weeks to train.
I’m 260ibs
18%bf
190ibs muscle
I’ve been strength training for roughly 5 years now. Running for 2 but nothing near a half marathon.

Is there anything you would change? Or anything you could incorporate? Is my plan totally wrong? If so can you help me with a plan?

Also, will this type of running/training help with the police beep test scores? Current level is 7-7.5 and I would like a 10.

Thanks for your time buddy,

Note; I follow a nutrition plan in which I track my macros. Eating about 2300 clas a day(weight/bf loss for the run) 20 percent fat, 30 percent protein 50 percent carbs.

This post was edited by bullets501 on May 8 2018 07:53am
May 18 2018 01:35pm
Quote (Apex0421 @ Apr 13 2018 04:13pm)
So when i work out, i an 6'3-4 tall and currently 150 lbs when i work out i hit 175 and after two days of stopping i drop 25 lbs, i am just now 23, what can i eat to prevent this huge flux

Are you saying you gain 25 lbs of bodyweight when you routinely workout and lose 25 lbs of bodyweight within 2 days of stopping?
May 18 2018 01:37pm
Quote (DeathX @ May 1 2018 12:48pm)
Raynor - good to see you're still around. Did some quick Googling, surprised to see you haven't evolved into Youtube training videos etc. Are you personally still working out?

In any event, you helped me out with a basic workout plan 8 years ago (holy shit does time fly):

This was a generic bulk/shape and trim some fat solely around the lower/side belly + probably rear. I was mid 20's back then and started to feel the effects of slower metabolism (the workout plan worked phenomenally btw). Now reaching into my 30's, I can feel the slowing metabolism more significantly. Anyway, I'm going to do my typical "~8 week burnout" leading into beach season. Does the above plan still seem reasonable? You also provided a meal plan like this:

Best.

Hey there. I still workout to maintain, but have since given up bodybuilding and powerlifting due to the enormous time demands of my profession. I made a commitment to JSP in 2008, and 10 years later, I don't play to stop anytime soon. Insofar as videos, youtube, etc., that requires a tremendous amount of time and involvement, which I just simply do not have.

Also, yes, the plan is still absolutely reasonable. If you need modifications to it, please let me know and I will assist!
May 18 2018 01:38pm
Quote (DeathX @ May 1 2018 02:27pm)
Meant to actually ask something on my above post, but can't edit it:

What are your thoughts on doing 15 mins of cardio before I lift? Because that's what I've been doing all these years. Something about getting my heartrate up and a great sweat before I flex the muscles/move heavy weights, feels good.

You certainly can do 15 mins of cardio before - however the purposes of cardio afterwards is that you already have burned off considerable muscle glycogen during the workout, and the cardio afterwards acts to start depleting fat stores through typical exhalation.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1202220232024202520262039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll