d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev123452039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,845.00
Jul 27 2008 10:59pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Sun, Jul 27 2008, 11:45pm)
hey there...

Absolutely not - this is a total myth. Your growth patterns are not affected by lifting correctly...but by injury. The best bet is to lift lighter weights as your growing, gradually working up to heavier weights as to stay safe and avoid injury. Deadlifts, squats, clean and jerks, etc - will not stun your growth in any way! Make sure to use proper form, and go lighter with more reps until you are adept at the exercise to avoid injury. Also make sure to stretch and eat properly!

thanks hail.gif
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jul 27 2008 11:09pm
Quote (Elyran @ Mon, Jul 28 2008, 12:59am)
thanks hail.gif

NO PROBLEM =D
Gold: 3.33
Jul 27 2008 11:14pm
skimmed through the thread quick...i'm sure i'll be back later, definitly seem very knowledgable ^^ glad to have you here.
Gold: 304.48
Warn: 40%
Jul 27 2008 11:15pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Mon, Jul 28 2008, 04:45am)
hey there...

Absolutely not - this is a total myth. Your growth patterns are not affected by lifting correctly...but by injury. The best bet is to lift lighter weights as your growing, gradually working up to heavier weights as to stay safe and avoid injury. Deadlifts, squats, clean and jerks, etc - will not stun your growth in any way! Make sure to use proper form, and go lighter with more reps until you are adept at the exercise to avoid injury. Also make sure to stretch and eat properly!

just outta curiousty... ya it should mess up your growing though shouldn't it? your bodies growing and you have growth plates or w/e and if you do to much weight...like i think ive done dry.gif...it will mess up your growth...your just sayign light wight and more reps though...
Jul 27 2008 11:22pm
Quote (piller @ Mon, Jul 28 2008, 01:15am)
just outta curiousty... ya it should mess up your growing though shouldn't it? your bodies growing and you have growth plates or w/e and if you do to much weight...like i think ive done dry.gif...it will mess up your growth...your just sayign light wight and more reps though...

hey there..

well yes, but the only way to crush growth plates (and/or vertabrae and the spinal column) and prevent further growth is from injury. Simply lifting will not cause trauma to the growth plates and prevent them from growing. If your muscles can handle a specific weight on a specific exercise...there will be no problem. The only time theres a severe problem is when you do an exercise incorrectly and/or lift too much and shift the strain from your muscles to your bones. The best option as I stated before was to lift lighter and work into heavier weights...taking care to stop the MOMENT you feel the slightest tingle of pain. Always remember, stretching before and after workouts will help...and eating healthy...as well as supplementation will actually HELP you to grow =)
Gold: 304.48
Warn: 40%
Jul 27 2008 11:26pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Mon, Jul 28 2008, 05:22am)
hey there..

well yes, but the only way to crush growth plates (and/or vertabrae and the spinal column) and prevent further growth is from injury. Simply lifting will not cause trauma to the growth plates and prevent them from growing. If your muscles can handle a specific weight on a specific exercise...there will be no problem. The only time theres a severe problem is when you do an exercise incorrectly and/or lift too much and shift the strain from your muscles to your bones. The best option as I stated before was to lift lighter and work into heavier weights...taking care to stop the MOMENT you feel the slightest tingle of pain. Always remember, stretching before and after workouts will help...and eating healthy...as well as supplementation will actually HELP you to grow =)

sucks is that...when i was doing calf raiseso n the machine... i did something to my spine/back and it huurtt but now its better so its k happy.gif but ya... i think i fucked up my growth plates lol haven't grown in 4 years since ive been working out

5,3 14 yrs old
Jul 27 2008 11:30pm
Quote (piller @ Mon, Jul 28 2008, 01:26am)
sucks is that...when i was doing calf raiseso n the machine... i did something to my spine/back and it huurtt but now its better so its k happy.gif but ya... i think i fucked up my growth plates lol haven't grown in 4 years since ive been working out

5,3 14 yrs old

I see.

Well you are only 14 years old, I'm sure you will grow more...you have another 10 years of growing left. I'm 21 and 5'7 - no more growing for me in height...just muscle size haha.
Gold: 124.00
Jul 28 2008 06:14am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Mon, 28 Jul 2008, 05:45)
hey there...

About the stretch part, what do you have to say about it?
What is the posetive effects of stretching beside increased ROM?
Gold: 18,219.00
Jul 28 2008 06:38am
Hi quick question, sorry no fgz or i would donate biggrin.gif

After this football season i want to cut but my mom(Im only 15) wont allow me to take any substances(I mean like protein or any whey stuff, Nothing at all she thinks if i needed it the docter would give it to me? WTF? lol) Anyway. I need a good meal scheldule. I have tried in the past but i fail because i dont know what to eat and then i just give up. Lol. Any help is appreciated

Thanks,
Gold: 15.21
Jul 28 2008 07:27am
Quote (My_Lesson @ Mon, Jul 28 2008, 12:14pm)
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Mon, 28 Jul 2008, 05:45)
hey there...

Absolutely
not - this is a total myth. Your growth patterns are not affected by
lifting correctly...but by injury. The best bet is to lift lighter
weights as your growing, gradually working up to heavier weights as to
stay safe and avoid injury. Deadlifts, squats, clean and jerks, etc -
will not stun your growth in any way! Make sure to use proper form, and
go lighter with more reps until you are adept at the exercise to avoid
injury. Also make sure to stretch and eat properly!

About the stretch part, what do you have to say about it?
What is the posetive effects of stretching beside increased ROM?

I just want to jump in here... stretching is one of the key components in not only health/functionality but getting bigger. If you are a bodybuilder you should definetly look into intense stretching or "DC stretching" for those of you DCers out there.

Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev123452039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll