d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Archived Games > Hellgate > Hellgate: London Trading Guide
Closed
Retired Moderator
Gold: 1,014.74
Trader: Trusted
Apr 2 2008 11:26am
In order to make our Hellgate trade experience here on d2jsp a good one, I suggest we all take the time to look over this guide and try our best to go by it.
The suggestions listed here are to be used in order to help you sell your item and to help buyers find EXACTALY what they are looking for.

Before you do anything I would suggest reading over the forum rules found here, forum rules and policies ,
and the trade rules found here, trade rules

Topic Title

-- Make clear Topic Titles and Descriptions

-- Be sure to post your items in the correct trading forum,
whether it be US one here,  http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showforum=40
or the Europe one here,  http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showforum=41

-- Be sure to add which game mode you are selling your items on in the Topic Title.
Normal, Elite, Hardcore, or Hardcore Elite

Post Message

-- List ALL mods, item levels, attributes etc for each item you are listing. There are many, many things that go into deciding what items to buy on HG and you want to make sure you have it all listed. This will also cut down on the questions that are sure to come.

--If you have an item modded list all of the mods (relics, fuel, batteries etc) you have inserted in the item.

--MAKE SURE to add the character class that can use the item you are posting, how are we going to know if we should buy it or not?

ScreenShots

-- Take Screenshots! This will be your number 1 tool in posting items for sale.
-How to capture and post screenshots
1. while in game type "/screenshot" or hit the print screen button on your keyboard
2. The screenshots are saved here in this folder My Documents>My Games>Hellgate>Screenshots
3. upload you images onto any of the free utility sites (photobucket, tinypic, imageshack etc)
4. post the link in your thread within [img]your screenshot here[/img] tags

--I would suggest when taking screenshots of your items to take the item view AND the item description view (see my example below) this way there is nothing left to the imagination

Closing The Deal

--After you have had bids and gotten to a price you think your item is worth, be it in jsp forum gold or HG palladium, you are ready to end your auction.
--The first step you need to do is to get in contact with the winning bidder via PM (private message), letting them know they have won the item and you should set up a meeting in game for the transaction to take place.

--Another way you could do the trade if both parties (buyer and seller) trust each other, is have one party send the forum gold and the other party email the item/pal in game to the buyer.
--How to email someone in game.
1. Press the "Z" button to bring up the email console
2. Fill out the email form (character name, topic, message)
3. drag whatever item you are sending to the attachment box or fill in how much pal you are sending
4. press send

Personally I would advise against this method, in my opinion it only leads the way for scams to happen

--If you do not feel comfortable with giving your end of the bargin first, do not hesitate to use the "REQUEST MEDIATOR" button at the top of your post.

--example screenshot--
Go Back To Hellgate Topic List
Closed