d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > The Rogue Caster Guide > Tired Of Being Slow? Get Kwik.
Prev123412Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 180.29
Jan 2 2008 11:57pm
Quote (CattleBruiser @ Thu, Jan 3 2008, 12:55am)
Great guide but doesn't seem good for people with less then 500 fg.

i had only 100 fg when i did my rogue caster 1-71 2 times, why not? Nice guide jay!

This post was edited by dpaules on Jan 2 2008 11:57pm
Gold: 20.31
Jan 2 2008 11:57pm
Quote (CattleBruiser @ Thu, Jan 3 2008, 12:55am)
Great guide but doesn't seem good for people with less then 500 fg.

If you're working with limited FG, then you just have to follow the regiment of priority stats on gear.

Low Level: Enhanced Effect (what you can get) on Weapons, Life Mods on Armor and Charm.

High Level: Enhanced Effect (what you can get) on Charms, Intelligence on Armor and Weapon.

People have done this with much much less than 500fg. smile.gif

And thank you everybody biggrin.gif Poll attached. smile.gif

This post was edited by JayKwik on Jan 2 2008 11:58pm
Gold: 7,893.50
Jan 2 2008 11:58pm
Quote (JayKwik @ Thu, Jan 3 2008, 12:54am)
Quote (Avalon57 @ Thu, Jan 3 2008, 12:53am)
is the wide variety of weapon availability worth sacrificing damage mitigation from heavy armors

this is from the fighter/barb caster point of view of course.

Thanks

If you can go the EE/INT route, it is well worth it unless you have the sickest heavy armor imaginable. Post your questions in the topic so all can learn biggrin.gif

my impression has been that even with heavy compared to medium, + defense can range from 30 -100 damage reduction

so over the long run if you have the necessary weapons for a fighter/barb caster it would be more worth it to choose that

but, if you would like a larger selection of how to build your caster than a rogue would be more suitable?
Gold: 116.31
Jan 2 2008 11:58pm
Cause if you follow his guide and try to get the items he listed, it's gonna cost a lot.

Alrighty maybe I'm just overpricing everything in my mind >_>

This post was edited by CattleBruiser on Jan 2 2008 11:59pm
Jan 3 2008 12:00am
Quote (Avalon57 @ Thu, Jan 3 2008, 12:58am)
my impression has been that even with heavy compared to medium, + defense can range from 30 -100 damage reduction

so over the long run if you have the necessary weapons for a fighter/barb caster it would be more worth it to choose that

but, if you would like a larger selection of how to build your caster than a rogue would be more suitable?

I think it's really an offset thing. If you can get a Heavier armor, with all Fighter-equipable weapons: then in a way you COULD do this as a Fighter. But, why would you really want to?

Pros: "Better" stats for Melee to do the first part = you'll save maybe a half hour spread across 30 levels tongue.gif
Cons: Less Intelligence, Less Dexterity = You'll have a little more trouble killing at the higher levels, and you'll probably get killed more sad.gif
Gold: 1.20
Jan 3 2008 12:01am
Nice work Jay hug.gif +10
Gold: 1,250.46
Jan 3 2008 12:02am
Quote (CattleBruiser @ Thu, Jan 3 2008, 12:58am)
Cause if you follow his guide and try to get the items he listed, it's gonna cost a lot.

Alrighty maybe I'm just overpricing everything in my mind >_>

you're not, but not every build is made for everyone.
the character guides in the d2 forums show you the best items to use as well, it doesnt mean everyone could afford it
but he did do a pretty good job of breaking it down which stats you need to aim for.
it seems almost any char is going to cost you a decent amount of fg to make it to a mq
Jan 3 2008 12:03am
Quote (cardoors32 @ Thu, Jan 3 2008, 01:02am)
you're not, but not every build is made for everyone.
the character guides in the d2 forums show you the best items to use as well, it doesnt mean everyone could afford it
but he did do a pretty good job of breaking it down which stats you need to aim for.
it seems almost any char is going to cost you a decent amount of fg to make it to a mq

the real issue is how much time would you like to spend trying to get to the MQ, of course more expensive items mean a faster 1-71. But, using mediocre items, everyone can get to the MQ it will just take a bit more dedication happy.gif

Quote (JayKwik @ Thu, Jan 3 2008, 01:00am)
I think it's really an offset thing. If you can get a Heavier armor, with all Fighter-equipable weapons: then in a way you COULD do this as a Fighter. But, why would you really want to?

Pros: "Better" stats for Melee to do the first part = you'll save maybe a half hour spread across 30 levels tongue.gif
Cons: Less Intelligence, Less Dexterity = You'll have a little more trouble killing at the higher levels, and you'll probably get killed more sad.gif

hmm okay, i was harping on the distinction between the two because i already started my fighter caster, I think I'll follow through and see how it turns out, thank you much jay.

This post was edited by Avalon57 on Jan 3 2008 12:04am
Jan 3 2008 12:06am
Quote (Avalon57 @ Thu, Jan 3 2008, 01:03am)
hmm okay, i was harping on the distinction between the two because i already started my fighter caster, I think I'll follow through and see how it turns out, thank you much jay.

No problem bro let me know how it turns out.

I tried Fighter Caster once. I came to the conclusion that to make it better than Rogue, you'd need a 50+ Int Armor with Strength or Dex, or life mods.
Your 1-71 weapons would also need to have the high EE (check this char for what I'm getting at) http://forums.d2jsp.org/user.php?c=3&i=258533&p=22934
annnnd Intelligence.

You could simplify the role and just do the INT weapons/armors and EE charms with the Fighter set, but I've gotten to a point (and others have too) where you can multi-stat your character to do the hybrid builds and it's of course faster.

If you make a FC (Fighter Caster) that can use all the things that my RC uses, then you would have to spend massive FG, and these items would have to drop: because they don't exist yet in full to make a setup.
Jan 3 2008 12:10am
Quote (JayKwik @ Thu, Jan 3 2008, 01:06am)
No problem bro let me know how it turns out.

I tried Fighter Caster once. I came to the conclusion that to make it better than Rogue, you'd need a 50+ Int Armor with Strength or Dex, or life mods.
Your 1-71 weapons would also need to have the high EE (check this char for what I'm getting at)  http://forums.d2jsp.org/user.php?c=3&i=258533&p=22934
annnnd Intelligence.

You could simplify the role and just do the INT weapons/armors and EE charms with the Fighter set, but I've gotten to a point (and others have too) where you can multi-stat your character to do the hybrid  builds and it's of course faster.

If you make a FC (Fighter Caster) that can use all the things that my RC uses, then you would have to spend massive FG, and these items would have to drop: because they don't exist yet in full to make a setup.

wow jay pretty sexy items, i like the dual stat LS charm and that level 45 dagger happy.gif

I can see that what you are trying to get at is that stats are a huge point here, a point that I've neglected. First the starting stats of each character and second the potential stats on weapon drops. Since rogues can use more weapons, theres a better chance to find a weapon with all the stats you need.

I might reroll, hmm well let me get to MQ first with my melee fighter and then I'll decide.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev123412Next
Closed New Topic New Poll