d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > FPS & Battle Royale > Counter-Strike > Help Please.
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 245,000.00
Jun 9 2023 02:36pm
Someone i traded with got API scammed.
How do he proceed? i adviced him to gather evidence to report it to steam

I know this probably never turn out well, But do steam still re-imburse scam victims?
Gold: 1,262,712.00
Jun 9 2023 02:59pm
Login
Store
Community
Support
Change language
View desktop website

© Valve Corporation. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries. Privacy Policy | Legal | Steam Subscriber Agreement | #footer_refunds

STEAM
Steam Support
Steam Item Restoration Policy
Steam Support does not restore items that have left accounts for any reason, including trades, market transactions, deletions, or gifting.

It is your responsibility to secure your Steam account. To quickly make trades or sales on the Market, your account must be protected by a Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator. This ensures that only you are able to remove items from your account. If you can’t enable an Authenticator, Steam will hold the trade or Market sell listing for a period of 15 days so that you’ll have enough time to discover and cancel pending transactions if your account was compromised.

Steam Support does not restore lost items. Items often exchange hands multiple times before a restoration request and this means they cannot be restored without duplicating them or removing them from another innocent user’s inventory. Duplicating items has a negative impact on everyone who trades or uses the Market by lowering the value of items.

You can read a more detailed explanation of account security related to trading and the update that expanded account security to the Community Market.

For more information on Steam Trades and the Community Market, please use the following resources:

Community Market FAQ
Recommended Trading Practices
Scam FAQ
Steam Gifts
Steam Trade Offers
Steam Trading
Trading and Market Restrictions
Need help with Steam?
Use the Steam help wizard to narrow down your topic and get the help you need.
Help Me With My Issue
Community Help
Post or search in Steam Discussions for an answer to your question.
Visit Steam Discussions
Jun 9 2023 03:00pm
Quote (dog1706 @ Jun 9 2023 10:59pm)
Login
Store
Community
Support
Change language
View desktop website

© Valve Corporation. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries. Privacy Policy | Legal | Steam Subscriber Agreement | #footer_refunds

STEAM
Steam Support
Steam Item Restoration Policy
Steam Support does not restore items that have left accounts for any reason, including trades, market transactions, deletions, or gifting.

It is your responsibility to secure your Steam account. To quickly make trades or sales on the Market, your account must be protected by a Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator. This ensures that only you are able to remove items from your account. If you can’t enable an Authenticator, Steam will hold the trade or Market sell listing for a period of 15 days so that you’ll have enough time to discover and cancel pending transactions if your account was compromised.

Steam Support does not restore lost items. Items often exchange hands multiple times before a restoration request and this means they cannot be restored without duplicating them or removing them from another innocent user’s inventory. Duplicating items has a negative impact on everyone who trades or uses the Market by lowering the value of items.

You can read a more detailed explanation of account security related to trading and the update that expanded account security to the Community Market.

For more information on Steam Trades and the Community Market, please use the following resources:

Community Market FAQ
Recommended Trading Practices
Scam FAQ
Steam Gifts
Steam Trade Offers
Steam Trading
Trading and Market Restrictions
Need help with Steam?
Use the Steam help wizard to narrow down your topic and get the help you need.
Help Me With My Issue
Community Help
Post or search in Steam Discussions for an answer to your question.
Visit Steam Discussions

yeah i know how steam works, i also know how api scam works.
And the authenticator changes barely nothing in the scenario that occured
Gold: 0.00
Jun 9 2023 03:00pm
dont think steam refunds anymore since people used it to dupe
Jun 9 2023 03:01pm
Quote (moonmidnight @ Jun 9 2023 11:00pm)
dont think steam refunds anymore since people used it to dupe

yeah im kinda sure thats how it is now.
But, maybe he can get him banned aswell as his other accounts?
Gold: 1,262,712.00
Jun 9 2023 03:04pm
Steam does not refund
Gold: 0.95
Jun 10 2023 07:41am
thats on him.

i check mine every few weeks to see if i got hacked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBqQh5lyQBw

he just loses his items. its a lesson to learn.

u wont get ur items back and iv never heard of anyone getting banned.
Go Back To Counter-Strike Topic List
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll