d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Using Abilities Vs Ep
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 9,613.11
Jun 8 2023 12:52pm
Quote (ToughGuy_TJ @ Jun 8 2023 01:24pm)
naw, i don't hate you, just an observation

you used to be chill, now you're cheeya

I've never been chill lol. Maybe I use to bite my tongue alot tho.
Gold: 8,888.89
Jun 9 2023 02:48am
I don't believe this is the case at all, it is just the RNG.

Personal experience, I have killed EPs with an Ability on multiple occasions, the outcome is 50/50 with & without drops. This also happens when using a normal attack and killing blow.

There are rumors that killing within a certain amount of time, you will get better drops. However I don't know if this is true or false.
Gold: 27,112.14
Jun 9 2023 03:08am
Doesn't make sense to me.
Hitting a mob with no abilities, taking longer to kill it will not change the fact that you have dealt certain amount of damage.
If the mob is strong to begin with, the time it takes to kill it will be longer because of bigger HP pool/defenses/whatever
Jun 9 2023 07:33pm
Quote (cagiva @ 9 Jun 2023 21:08)
Doesn't make sense to me.
Hitting a mob with no abilities, taking longer to kill it will not change the fact that you have dealt certain amount of damage.
If the mob is strong to begin with, the time it takes to kill it will be longer because of bigger HP pool/defenses/whatever

I don't complete four corners because of what you have stated, even when using my better items (+47 str Armor and +47 str Main charm and a 124% EE Longsword @ level 50) ... I will take out 1 corner (takes more time to kill vs 3 EPs solo'ing) ... thus after killing, I will either explore a little bit more for EPs and a Well, or I will just remake the game so I can take on 1 corner of four corners again and repeat n rinse.

I solo, so it makes a difference in killspeed and so forth. OH, I can still 1-3 hit kill EPs with that setup quite often.
Gold: 80,812.11
Jun 10 2023 09:00am
Seems like a good place to complain hahaha…
Just got ambush at lvl 60, 3 EPs. Used a multi strike first thing to help determine which ep to hit first.
#1 dropped nothing
#2 dropped a magical T2
#3 dropped a magical T1

😡
Gold: 15,283.74
Jun 13 2023 07:04pm
I think generally everyone is confused because you can get so many different results depending on which of the many confounding factors are involved and you can also get lucky even when using the “wrong” move(s) which results in an sexy drops or unlucky over long stretches of time using the “right” move(s). The worst part is that I also cannot tell you what the “right” and “wrong” moves are in every case because I haven’t actually been able to test most of the possible combinations of factors…

Do I sound like Rex yet?

Well… anyway, for those interested I will continue… In solo play (the overwhelming majority of my “trials” let’s call them), if you are fighting a single weak EP (low health and defense), your best bet is to either kill it without using any abilities OR to kill it using abilities that do not reduce drops significantly (retribution is one example of such an ability). If you kill it with powershot, you are likely to get fewer or no drops, so only do that if you are going to have trouble killing it or don’t care about drops. Can you still get drops from it using powershot? Sure! Might even be a sexy drop… but your odds go down on average. What if you powershot it with a spoon and pure vita build and with 25% charge? Might be okay then, but might not.

Because of all these considerations I spent most of the early part of my gameplay asking random people joining my games not to use abilities on EPs because I wanted more chances at gear when I saw them… but there are also even more factors involved in multiplayer too, including who gets the majority of hits on the target and whether that’s the same person as the one who kills it and also how much of the HP that player did… also if they stop attacking it for more than 4 hits before killing it… plus none of these are hard and fast rules. People have gotten insane drops from 1-shotting a single EP with powershot before and it’ll probably happen again too.

In the end, just watch for yourself to see what you think will give you the best odds at drops over time. If you’re killing mobs at the right level you have your lucky chance at a sexy drop on… luck’s gonna be more important than strategy most likely ;) or I should say, persistence even more than luck!

Good luck!
Gold: 3,470.21
Jun 13 2023 08:27pm
Quote (BWConformity @ Jun 13 2023 09:04pm)
I think generally everyone is confused because you can get so many different results depending on which of the many confounding factors are involved and you can also get lucky even when using the “wrong” move(s) which results in an sexy drops or unlucky over long stretches of time using the “right” move(s). The worst part is that I also cannot tell you what the “right” and “wrong” moves are in every case because I haven’t actually been able to test most of the possible combinations of factors…

Do I sound like Rex yet?

Well… anyway, for those interested I will continue… In solo play (the overwhelming majority of my “trials” let’s call them), if you are fighting a single weak EP (low health and defense), your best bet is to either kill it without using any abilities OR to kill it using abilities that do not reduce drops significantly (retribution is one example of such an ability). If you kill it with powershot, you are likely to get fewer or no drops, so only do that if you are going to have trouble killing it or don’t care about drops. Can you still get drops from it using powershot? Sure! Might even be a sexy drop… but your odds go down on average. What if you powershot it with a spoon and pure vita build and with 25% charge? Might be okay then, but might not.

Because of all these considerations I spent most of the early part of my gameplay asking random people joining my games not to use abilities on EPs because I wanted more chances at gear when I saw them… but there are also even more factors involved in multiplayer too, including who gets the majority of hits on the target and whether that’s the same person as the one who kills it and also how much of the HP that player did… also if they stop attacking it for more than 4 hits before killing it… plus none of these are hard and fast rules. People have gotten insane drops from 1-shotting a single EP with powershot before and it’ll probably happen again too.

In the end, just watch for yourself to see what you think will give you the best odds at drops over time. If you’re killing mobs at the right level you have your lucky chance at a sexy drop on… luck’s gonna be more important than strategy most likely ;) or I should say, persistence even more than luck!

Good luck!

Interesting, do you have a list of moves that don’t reduce drops significantly?
Gold: 15,283.74
Jun 13 2023 10:00pm
Quote (Nemo-dude @ Jun 13 2023 04:27pm)
Interesting, do you have a list of moves that don’t reduce drops significantly?

It's kind of a continuum... and I haven't really formalized a list...

Powerstrike and Powercast are by far the worst offenders... and ones like retribution and revenge don't do too much as long as you have a reasonable amount of actions on the target. Strangely two-hit back seems to be pretty bad but I need more testing on that one... I stopped taking it because I didn't like my drops with it :P You probably need to test your own if you don't use the moves I do :P
Gold: 3,470.21
Jun 14 2023 04:23am
Quote (BWConformity @ Jun 14 2023 12:00am)

Powerstrike and Powercast are by far the worst offenders... and ones like retribution and revenge don't do too much as long as you have a reasonable amount of actions on the target. Strangely two-hit back seems to be pretty bad but I need more testing on that one... I stopped taking it because I didn't like my drops with it :P You probably need to test your own if you don't use the moves I do :P

Haha I see. I guess I have never really paid attention on normal mobs and when it comes to EPs, I try to never use skills anyways so haven’t noticed any difference :P. I will have to start paying attention to see if the skills I use have less drops than a “normal” kill.
Jun 14 2023 04:38am
Quote (BWConformity @ 14 Jun 2023 13:04)

Do I sound like Rex yet?

Good luck!

Quote (BWConformity @ 14 Jun 2023 16:00)

I have to say, you don't sound like me "Rex" in your first post, however, let me clarify a few things for you and the rest of the community.

#1 Two Hit Back ability can ONLY be used versus two(2) opponents (monsters) on the screen, THUS you can NOT use this ability versus a Well monster that spawned unless they have certain abilities like "Call for Help" like Slugslider or Gigabee and when the Flower is below 50% health (forgot the name).

#2 Revenge / Powerstrike or Retribution can be used when Welling monsters more effectively.

#3 TIME: the duration (time) it takes to kill of a normal monster versus an Evil Presence is subjective, and the drops are relevant to the RNG coding ... thus, I have never found a 2xx% EE item, but then a new person joins and suddenly finds an item with that modification... remember... they don't have gear similar to veterans, they have crap to mediocre items if that.

You judge the results... I went Bufcore and found better items slogging it out... hmm, RNG or just play the game with crap to mediocre items?
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll