d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > A New Feature For Trade Threads.
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 120.00
Jun 7 2023 07:23pm
For the most part, I see people edit their post (if it's still editable) with the :locked: emoji when they have fulfilled their trade needs. Other times they may add a new reply to the post, even though it's now irrelevant.

My suggestion is that we offer a user operated "close topic" option so that once the trade is completed, they can just close the topic instead of editing or even worse putting it back to the top of the list when it's no longer valid.

I think there would need to be some controls on the use of this option. I'm not sure how many trolls exist here, but I know they lurk... I'm torn between a post count or timer for the "close topic" (or maybe a combination of the two) option to become available for the original poster..

In conclusion, I hope this is actually considered because I think it would lower unnecessary post count.

Thanks for even reading this!
Trade Assistant
Gold: 107.35
Trader: Mediator
Jun 7 2023 07:30pm
It’s been suggested many times, and gets denied. Even though it might be a good idea. There’s reasons why it hasn’t been implemented in the past. Few references to look at:

https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=77785529
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=84196571
Trade Assistant
Gold: 14,644.00
Trader: Trusted
Jun 7 2023 08:14pm
Hey ,

There is a lot of potential for abuse of such a feature. As Vibrations has explained in post #2, this idea was proposed numerous times in the past unsuccessfully.
As a result, I don't think it would be different this time. Trade topics tend to naturally come to an end, and I don't think this feature is truly needed.

Thanks for the suggestion, regardless!
Gold: 13,367.06
Warn: 10%
Jun 8 2023 08:37am
It'll never happen but I voted yes anyway.
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Closed New Topic New Poll