d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > Help / Advice Needed For Web App
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,379.00
Jun 6 2023 04:15am
I created a basic website using html, css, javascript, php, mysql and want to convert it into a PWA so it behaves as close to a native app as possible on mobile. Just have a bunch of questions about this basically. Anyone with experience willing to think this through together? :)
Gold: 1,457.00
Jun 6 2023 08:29am
This is why js/ts frameworks like Vue, React, Angular, Astro ... and few more that appeared since I started typing this post, exist. They basically make webapps behave like native, and writing using them is.. well different, not harder, not easier, but if you come from purely html/css/js stand point it will take a while to adapt

On the upside this is what job offers want from "frontend developers"
Gold: 4,379.00
Jun 6 2023 09:15am
Quote (nuvo @ Jun 6 2023 04:29pm)
This is why js/ts frameworks like Vue, React, Angular, Astro ... and few more that appeared since I started typing this post, exist. They basically make webapps behave like native, and writing using them is.. well different, not harder, not easier, but if you come from purely html/css/js stand point it will take a while to adapt

On the upside this is what job offers want from "frontend developers"

Yeah I understand. I will probably eventually get around to learning some kind of framework but I always liked using 'vanilla' coding which I actually can understand and know what is happening.

In the meantime I want to see if its possible to get this app 'published' without using any kind of framework. It's very basic and only need the bare minimum for having it run on android and apple phones basically.
Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll