d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > Vegas Golden Knights
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,732.50
Jun 5 2023 09:32am
Seattle and Vegas got insane depth cuz of the expansion draft, but the problem with them was that they couldn't get high end talent cuz they're protected by all teams and couldn't draft them. The Eichel buffalo issue helped Vegas get their 1c they've been looking for, and he's doing well and carrying them in the playoffs. That trade was a success for both teams. Seattle needs to draft another high end player or trade for high end talent to take the next step, otherwise they'll be those teams that makes the playoffs but fail to go deep consistently til the window closes.

Gold: 10.55
Jun 5 2023 09:57am
Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ Jun 5 2023 07:35am)
The Wings wont make the playoffs for a few more years but their improving and I hope they prove me wrong. You don't think it's a little bullshit that your team has done well developing talent and yet isn't playoff bound?

I dont think its bullshit at all, it takes time. Even though the rebuild technically started before stevie got here, it didnt really start until he did get here. And he's already gotten us really close to the playoffs. We had a wild card spot locked up for nearly 75% of the season give or take before we ran out of gas. Depending on what stevie does this offseason i could see us making the playoffs next year, or more realistically the year after. We have 38(?)m in cap space and its supposed to rise like ~7m next offseason. We'll have to sign Raymond and Seider, which wont be cheap, but we'll still have tons of money to go after some high ends FA to round out the team this or next offseason and start pushing for a cup run.
Gold: 2,500.00
Warn: 10%
Jun 5 2023 10:17am
Quote (Secksii @ 5 Jun 2023 10:32)
Seattle and Vegas got insane depth cuz of the expansion draft, but the problem with them was that they couldn't get high end talent cuz they're protected by all teams and couldn't draft them. The Eichel buffalo issue helped Vegas get their 1c they've been looking for, and he's doing well and carrying them in the playoffs. That trade was a success for both teams. Seattle needs to draft another high end player or trade for high end talent to take the next step, otherwise they'll be those teams that makes the playoffs but fail to go deep consistently til the window closes.

+1 Well said :hail:

Quote (Slimesy @ 5 Jun 2023 10:57)
I dont think its bullshit at all, it takes time. Even though the rebuild technically started before stevie got here, it didnt really start until he did get here. And he's already gotten us really close to the playoffs. We had a wild card spot locked up for nearly 75% of the season give or take before we ran out of gas. Depending on what stevie does this offseason i could see us making the playoffs next year, or more realistically the year after. We have 38(?)m in cap space and its supposed to rise like ~7m next offseason. We'll have to sign Raymond and Seider, which wont be cheap, but we'll still have tons of money to go after some high ends FA to round out the team this or next offseason and start pushing for a cup run.

Honestly the Wings are one of the most improved teams I've seen the last two-three seasons comparative to other teams who were in a similar spot like you said they are close to being that 8 seed whereas most other teams imo have almost zero shot at the playoffs. That's upper management doing their job as well as players rising to the occasion once their in their 2nd-3rd year in the league.

I was just trying to explain to the OP that building a team from scratch(rebuild) is 100x harder and takes far more time then being created as a "competitive team" for the league. I think the league made the right decision in that sense because you didn't want the new teams to be god-awful and you want their fan bases to grow quickly. But for teams in their 3rd,4th,5th year of a rebuild and having little to no chance at playoffs that fucking sucks donkey balls.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 5 2023 04:54pm
Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ Jun 5 2023 08:35am)
Avs lost to the Kraken and it wasn't solely because Landeskog was out the remainder of the season.

The Kraken in their first playoff appearance went deeper into the playoffs then 95% of existing teams the only team to go deeper? You guessed it the Vegas Knights lol

That's what I think is embarrassing about it. Teams being unable to make the playoffs for decades while trying to build the right team and then expansion teams get the cream of the crop(existing players > randoms in any case) and our built for the playoffs from the get-go

The Wings wont make the playoffs for a few more years but their improving and I hope they prove me wrong. You don't think it's a little bullshit that your team has done well developing talent and yet isn't playoff bound?

Imagine all the teams hoping they'd get Bedard to save their organization now about to go bust because their team sucks so no one wants to watch them play

Owners with shit teams should just exit the league join a new city and get existing talent. At least they might go .500 :rofl:

Avs would have got through the Kraken with a healthy Landy and Chuchu but you are correct in some aspects. They weren't going far this year because they replaced 120 goals with only minimal depth pieces and lack of AHL talent they sold away for the cup run. They'll be back at the top again next year, don't worry.
Gold: 1,153.00
Jun 5 2023 05:13pm
Quote (Chadzle @ Jun 5 2023 04:54pm)
Avs would have got through the Kraken with a healthy Landy and Chuchu but you are correct in some aspects. They weren't going far this year because they replaced 120 goals with only minimal depth pieces and lack of AHL talent they sold away for the cup run. They'll be back at the top again next year, don't worry.

You sure about that?
Gold: 9,122.00
Jun 5 2023 06:24pm
Game time boys LETS GO KNIGHTS ^_^

also Vegas didn't exactly get handed an S Tier Team, hence the name the golden misfits we got players other teams didn't exactly want.

are we a bit spoiled? Absolutely. should people hate on vegas for that? no, but they do.

Gold: 88.21
Jun 5 2023 06:25pm
zack eichel is so fucking salty. i love it. but he probably won't score, or ever be remembered. sorry zack
Jun 5 2023 06:25pm
Quote (proccy @ Jun 5 2023 05:25pm)
zack eichel is so fucking salty. i love it. but he probably won't score, or ever be remembered. sorry zack

i know, but he still + so all good
Gold: 88.21
Jun 5 2023 06:29pm
Quote (Mazzy @ Jun 5 2023 05:25pm)
i know, but he still + so all good

he's such a salty shit talker, i do hope he has success. otherwise like i said, he'll be long forgotten before soon
Jun 5 2023 11:47pm
FLORIDA PACK LOUD ASF LOLLOLOL
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll