d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > RuneScape > Can You Have 2 Jagex Acc/launch Logged In At Once
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 34,753.00
Jun 3 2023 11:55am
Anyone figure out a way or is it completely impossible to have 2 separate jagex accounts/launchers open at once I have 2 different jagex acounts as I did not want all my accounts under 1 login because of my past experience with jagex security (had multiple accounts hacked even with 2 step) and now that I realized how much of a pain in the ass it is having to put in my auth code EVERY SINGLE TIME I login to a different jagex account it is extremely annoying and making me want to cancel my subs. Seen one person say to switch users on my pc but that wouldn't allow me to play both accounts at once and I cannot use steam launcher because I have a different account linked to steam.
Gold: 369.69
Jun 3 2023 12:17pm

https://help.jagex.com/hc/en-gb/articles/12423096201873-Jagex-Accounts-FAQ

you might be able to get it working in a jank fashion by trying to use a software like sandboxie to open a 2nd jagex launcher (i haven't created a jagex account to link my shit yet, so idk how the setup is. ive only added a couple accounts to the first launcher they released)
Gold: 2,420.00
Jun 3 2023 01:13pm
?

I have multiple accounts linked to the jagex account launcher thing and you can launch multiple accounts at once
Jun 3 2023 01:18pm
Quote (Jupe @ Jun 3 2023 12:13pm)
?

I have multiple accounts linked to the jagex account launcher thing and you can launch multiple accounts at once

are they all linked to an actual jagex account, or did you just log into them on the jagex launcher?
think its 2 different systems, shit is confusing
Jun 3 2023 01:58pm
Quote (Jupe @ Jun 3 2023 02:13pm)
?

Yeah I have multiple JAGEX accounts with 1 runescape account linked to each so therefore when I login to the new jagex launcher only 1 of my runescape accounts are there so I have to logout of the launcher and log in with the other JAGEX account and everytime I want to swap to the other account to open it I have to put in auth code so gets kinda annoying having to do that 2+ times a day

This post was edited by tsill91 on Jun 3 2023 01:59pm
Jun 3 2023 03:16pm
Quote (tsill91 @ Jun 3 2023 12:58pm)
Yeah I have multiple JAGEX accounts with 1 runescape account linked to each so therefore when I login to the new jagex launcher only 1 of my runescape accounts are there so I have to logout of the launcher and log in with the other JAGEX account and everytime I want to swap to the other account to open it I have to put in auth code so gets kinda annoying having to do that 2+ times a day

okay yeah, in that case then try sandboxie.
i think there is sandboxie plus & sandboxie classic, both free(?)
if one doesn't work, try the other. it forces program to be opened in its own sandbox (similar to a VM, but more lightweight)
Jun 3 2023 04:17pm
Quote (Mikasa @ Jun 3 2023 04:16pm)
okay yeah, in that case then try sandboxie.
i think there is sandboxie plus & sandboxie classic, both free(?)
if one doesn't work, try the other. it forces program to be opened in its own sandbox (similar to a VM, but more lightweight)

Yeah I will check that out you by chance know of a good guide or would be able to give me a tldr of what to do with sandboxie never used any of those virtual desktops or whatever those programs are called.
Jun 3 2023 05:18pm
Quote (tsill91 @ Jun 3 2023 03:17pm)
Yeah I will check that out you by chance know of a good guide or would be able to give me a tldr of what to do with sandboxie never used any of those virtual desktops or whatever those programs are called.

i'd suggest youtube to fill in the gaps, but ill try to do quick explanation on how to try it

1) create new sandbox, name it w/e
2) right click the sandbox created & select "run program"
3) i think it mentions you can type a period (.) into the prompt that comes up so you can search your computer for a program
4) locate jagex launcher or w/e the shit is that they use for the actual jagex accounts (lmk if its the same, dont feel like looking further into it xd )
should be located in : C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
5) ???
6) hopefully profit

can't guarantee this will work, gl!

edit:
there are some annoying default settings that sandboxie has like changing the window title & adding a fat yellow border around the client, but you can customize it to be more lightweight
there are also other ways to make this process easier if it works, like creating desktop shortcut to run the program, or shits like that

This post was edited by Mikasa on Jun 3 2023 05:23pm
Jun 3 2023 07:09pm
Quote (Mikasa @ Jun 3 2023 06:18pm)
i'd suggest youtube to fill in the gaps, but ill try to do quick explanation on how to try it

1) create new sandbox, name it w/e
2) right click the sandbox created & select "run program"
3) i think it mentions you can type a period (.) into the prompt that comes up so you can search your computer for a program
4) locate jagex launcher or w/e the shit is that they use for the actual jagex accounts (lmk if its the same, dont feel like looking further into it xd )
should be located in : C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
5) ???
6) hopefully profit

can't guarantee this will work, gl!

edit:
there are some annoying default settings that sandboxie has like changing the window title & adding a fat yellow border around the client, but you can customize it to be more lightweight
there are also other ways to make this process easier if it works, like creating desktop shortcut to run the program, or shits like that

Thank you looking like it is going to work as long as I don't close out the jagex launcher or restart my pc which I rarely ever do but I have both jagex accounts logged in at the same time
Jun 3 2023 07:32pm
Quote (tsill91 @ Jun 3 2023 06:09pm)
Thank you looking like it is going to work as long as I don't close out the jagex launcher or restart my pc which I rarely ever do but I have both jagex accounts logged in at the same time

pog nice, glad it worked out!
used to use that method to multi log on d2 like 15+ years ago lol
Go Back To RuneScape Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll