d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Baseball > The Beast Has Been Un-caged
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 17,609.00
May 31 2023 09:03am
We are just at roughly the 50-55 game mark for most teams in the MLB and we have seen two months of the new experiment where National league has a DH and all teams play each other more evenly. Its been interesting.

One side effect of the new system is teams will not be playing within their own division nearly as much. For example; this year the Jays played Yanks in May. Jays dont play the Yanks again until September, and only for one 3 game series. Thats it 7 games all year... Now. Last year jays played the Orioles in April, June, and 14 games between August to the end of the season. teams could feel safer in August September knowing the AL East is caged and stuck playing each other.

Now we have a year where the Beast.. The Best teams in Baseball, by a wide margin, have been unleashed upon the rest of the league, and they are feasting.

Currently the American League Has every single team above .500 by at least two games. Every. Team. For a comparison. The Boston Red Rox (28-26) in last place in AL East would be first place in two other divisions and top 3 at least in every other division.

Tampa Bay has had a historic season opening winning 17 games IN A ROW. Dominating the league right now more than 20 games above .500. For a team that is right on sea level, they are high in the clouds on their throne of the American League East.

We have The Yankees with their Pure HGH Being that is the Judge. Is he human? Or is he Steroids? I think there is a song that goes kind of like that... Judge is in line to crush his 61 Home run record. get ready to catch another million dollar ball this year baseball fans!

The Orioles are being the Orioles. Every season they do this. Every Season Orioles have an amazing start to the season only to fade come allstar break. But don't forget, dear reader; we are talking about a Beast. Orioles don't have two straight months in the cage with the other Beasts anymore. Orioles will be able to continue to feast, just like the rest of the division.

Boston is the best franchise in baseball. It is impossible to count Boston out this early in the season. And again, they won't have the Rays and jays to keep them around .500 come August. Boston is a threat.

And then there is the Jays. A franchise that somehow acquired the Best Coach in baseball (Mattingly), Houston's Best player (Springer), Tampa Bay's best player (Kiermaier), KC's best player (Merrifield), and the Mets best Pitcher (Bassitt) all in less than a season. They have the best hitter in the league atm (Bichette) and the worst starter in the league atm (Manoah).

Not only have these two months proven the American League East lives up to its name as the toughest division in baseball now that we have an even playing field...

But there is nothing to stop them now.

No safe September for the rest of the league anymore.

Watch out. The Beast has been un-caged.

This post was edited by Crunkt on May 31 2023 09:09am
Gold: 0.08
May 31 2023 08:40pm
Can we at least get some kind of championship predictions or something out of this post? Or is this more of an autofellatio post?
May 31 2023 08:59pm
Quote (RunNaked @ 31 May 2023 22:40)
Can we at least get some kind of championship predictions or something out of this post? Or is this more of an autofellatio post?

noted for next time

more of an autofellatio but I will throw in some predictions on the next one

I predict all AL East teams will be at least 4 games above .500 come season end.

This post was edited by Crunkt on May 31 2023 09:00pm
Gold: 0.08
Jun 1 2023 03:36pm
Quote (Crunkt @ 31 May 2023 19:59)
noted for next time

more of an autofellatio but I will throw in some predictions on the next one

I predict all AL East teams will be at least 4 games above .500 come season end.

That's a spicy prediction, but I wouldn't disagree with it. At least not at this point in the season. I really do like seeing the Orioles doing as well as they are, that fan base deserves it
Gold: 106.56
Jun 4 2023 06:39pm
Please make a thread with game night predictions so I can get my fg back from lakeshow
Jun 5 2023 05:26pm
Quote (jamieco404 @ 4 Jun 2023 20:39)
Please make a thread with game night predictions so I can get my fg back from lakeshow

sure

I predict every single fucking time Alek Manoah starts the Jays lose

in reality though any AL east team against a national league team that isnt above .500 is basically a free win for the AL east team. Moneyline the shit out of those bitches

This post was edited by Crunkt on Jun 5 2023 05:28pm
Gold: 0.00
Jun 5 2023 09:39pm
Houston best player...Springer?
Gold: 0.00
Jun 9 2023 04:57pm
tldr.
Go Back To Baseball Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll