d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Show If User Is Online In Search Results (and Msg)
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 120.00
May 27 2023 02:58am
I find myself constantly checking each thread just to see if user is online. If they aren't, I go back to search results. Sometimes I'm going thru pages of offline users depending on the time of day I'm on the site. Something like this would be nice, where I can see if the user is offline or if they're online I can message them directly from the search results:

Trade Moderator
Gold: 21,452.69
Trader: Mediator
May 27 2023 03:08am
I get what you mean but it may be a bit too much if the user also have stars next to their names,

you may easily check when a user was last online by clicking into their username.
May 27 2023 03:53am
Click to thread and going back is a pretty tiresome process and hard to keep track of which threads I've already clicked on, especially during start of season where search results are constantly being updated with new threads.

IMO having an indicator of whether the person is online would be better for user experience in the search results since my intention in those results is to look for a specific item and can take action and message users without taking an extra step for each one.

The only reason I bring this up now is because I'm looking for a specific item and I've been to about 10 threads already where the user is offline.

My image above is just an example illustrating a general suggestion, and no way meant as a design recommendation. It could be placed somewhere else.

This post was edited by danksupply on May 27 2023 04:22am
Gold: 20,232.06
May 27 2023 03:58am
just because they're "offline" doesnt mean they're afk. if they have push notifications they will see your reply instantly.

this would still be a great addition though
Gold: 60,869.15
May 27 2023 04:07am
Good idea! I suggest inserting a poll. You've got my yes.
May 27 2023 04:19am
Quote (CoLLiNz @ May 27 2023 03:07am)
Good idea! I suggest inserting a poll. You've got my yes.

Thanks! Added
Trade Moderator
Gold: 935,607.70
Trader: Trusted
May 27 2023 04:27am
yes for me
Trade Moderator
Gold: 21,452.69
May 27 2023 04:31am
Quote (danksupply @ May 27 2023 05:53pm)
Click to thread and going back is a pretty tiresome process and hard to keep track of which threads I've already clicked on, especially during start of season where search results are constantly being updated with new threads.

IMO having an indicator of whether the person is online would be better for user experience in the search results since my intention in those results is to look for a specific item and can take action and message users without taking an extra step for each one.

The only reason I bring this up now is because I'm looking for a specific item and I've been to about 10 threads already where the user is offline.

My image above is just an example illustrating a general suggestion, and no way meant as a design recommendation. It could be placed somewhere else.

Gotcha, went and requested for a poll to be added for you.

There're a few ways this could be executed such as turning names green if they're online or red if they're offline, but good idea - just got to find the right way to do it where it's visually pleasing as well as convenient for users.

P.S: Make sure you attach a poll when you or whoever else plans to make a site suggestion in future! ;)

This post was edited by Lionhearted on May 27 2023 04:32am
Trade Assistant
Gold: 14,644.00
Trader: Trusted
May 27 2023 06:54pm
Hey ,

Thanks for a cool idea as well as for providing nice visual demonstrations! While I do like the idea in general, I think it might not work out for everyone well and could potentially result in reduced viable trading options.
As was pointed out above, not everyone who appears offline is necessarily away from the computer and can't trade within a short window. Some offline users might be on standby, waiting for a notification. Additionally, I like the simplicity of the website - it is the biggest appeal for me personally.
I wouldn't want any more information that is provided to me than it currently does. Also, it is easy to click on a trade that looks particularly good to you and see if the person is offline or not. As you mentioned, during the reset, there is a larger volume, and topics move quickly.
I think, in that case, most of the topics on the top of the trading list will be freshly created and contain online OPs. In the case of a season-end, I wouldn't mind waiting a little more to find a perfect item that might be listed by an offline seller.

In short, the idea is good. However, for me personally, there is not enough utility/appeal in it.

It is a good one though!
Gold: 760.00
May 27 2023 08:36pm
Yeah when you log in you can choose “don’t appear in online lists” so it might not be a complete solution to your problem.

In order to keep my search open I right click or command click the username or thread title and choose open in new tab so I can quickly check last online time and status, send a message, then just exit the tab and carry on.
I do this to message people so I can have easy reference to the thread.
Tbh I probably wouldn’t notice if your change was implemented.
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll