d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Ron Desantis Presidential Debut
Prev15678Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 30%
May 26 2023 02:22am
Quote (songofadarkstar @ May 26 2023 05:54pm)
Republican core beliefs are far too right winged in America, to ever merit voting red. You show me a candidate that cares about ALL their citizens and wants to make programs that will help the lower middle class and poor be able to breath, a candidate that wishes to help the marginalized, not further push the divide of hate. I'll vote for them.

Racism, hate, and flat out bigotry, senseless violence against minorities, that's the American republican party core beliefs, not counting tax cuts for the wealthy. Rotten.

Look up what racism actually is before you go making up nonsense.
Last time I checked they call black people white supremacists just to spread propaganda, and if you don't favour the black/minorities you are also racist, they even think maths is racist. According to woke lefties you can be racist to white people but not vice versa. If you have some black people in Trump rally the leftoids will be saying "how much did he pay to have those black people there".
Other terms like rape etc.. if you so much as talk to these snowflakes they go screaming rape at top of their lungs.

Leftoids are unreasonable people. Your argument is invalid. If you require proof I can provide it, unlike disgraceful christian trolls.

This post was edited by addone on May 26 2023 02:22am
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 30%
May 26 2023 02:31am
Quote (gnarjay @ May 26 2023 04:48pm)
literally all they need to do is produce a candidate that isn't a psycho and is a somewhat normal human being. who amongst the GOP isnt a Maga hog puppet? the list is incredibly small, the party is devoid of any real leaders

You will just redefine terms to suit your gender fluid feelings. Look up word psycho while you are at it. Also your definition of "normal human being" is probably defined as "not republican". Left have been contorting language and meanings for their agenda. Someone with a different opinion is considered a Nazi according to your kind. Maybe you are the psychos?
Gold: 237,285.00
May 26 2023 05:56am
I’m for Desantis since he’s pro crypto
Gold: 2,489.69
May 26 2023 06:15am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ May 25 2023 08:42pm)
Well, no shit, the 2nd oldest state in the country which also has high urbanization and a very high population density suffered comparatively many covid deaths, who would have thought?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh PLEASE! Are you seriously suggesting that you would have no problem with DeSantis' pushback against Disney wokism if only he carried it out in a legally squeaky clean fashion; that your gripe is purely with the process and not actually about the substance? :lol:

Also note that "we" were complaining about situations where all the power was lying with the institution which censored/cancelled largely powerless individuals. Here, we are talking about the party on the receiving end being a multi-billion megacorporation which commands an army of lawyers and its own media empire. Further note that it wouldn't have come to this if Disney hadn't tried to (ab)use its dominant market position to force its politics onto society. When a business starts acting like a political entity, it shouldn't be surprised - or shed crocodile tears - when it's treated as such and becomes the target of the political enemies it made out of its own volition.

Tbh, I'm kinda surprised by your stance on this issue. Weren't you always complaining about the way corporations have poisoned the public discourse via decades of neoliberal think tanks, foundations and their stooges in the mainstream media shifting the overton window on economic policy, thus creating a political status quo which is significantly to the right of the people's actual preferences? And haven't you repeatedly suggested that this corporate influence needs to be cut back if progressive ideas are to prevail?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's for clarifying, I can agree with this take.

But just for the record: that's not how you initially presented your position. You wrote "[...]these days, bipartisan support doesn't exist, so he has no advantage over Trump in a primary." ;)

What i meant by that was his "advantage" could be to signal he'd get bipartisan support during primary, but that holds no water in the current climate.
Gold: 4,400.67
May 26 2023 10:16am
Quote (thesnipa @ 26 May 2023 14:15)
What i meant by that was his "advantage" could be to signal he'd get bipartisan support during primary, but that holds no water in the current climate.

Alright, I see. A consistent argument, although I still think it's flawed because it implicitly assumes that critical GOP primary voters actually see bipartisanship, working across the aisle etc. as something positive. These days, mentioning this stuff is a surefire way to get called a RINO or cuck by the MAGA crowd. Primary voters interested in good governance or bipartisanship surely still exist, but they're probably a group that will default to whichever candidate has the best chance of stopping Trump from getting the nomination anyway.

The voters DeSantis really needs to win over are the ones which are trumpy, but want to move on from Trump the person. And I really don't think touting his bipartisan appeal is a good idea if DeSantis wants to chip away at the MAGA base at the margins. That's a strategy for the general election campaign, not the primaries.
Gold: 1,453.85
May 26 2023 10:30am
Quote (songofadarkstar @ May 25 2023 10:54pm)
Republican core beliefs are far too right winged in America, to ever merit voting red. You show me a candidate that cares about ALL their citizens and wants to make programs that will help the lower middle class and poor be able to breath, a candidate that wishes to help the marginalized, not further push the divide of hate. I'll vote for them.

I don't have a problem with helping the poor and the marginalized, however I just don't think it's very sensible to base one's platform around it. I really think that they (not just dems or republicans, but all parties) should focus more on helping the middle class thrive. The middle class is the backbone of America. Not only that, they are the biggest voting bloc. Helping them serves our best interest.

This post was edited by JessiWan on May 26 2023 10:31am
Gold: 16,514.00
May 26 2023 10:58am
Quote (addone @ May 26 2023 01:31am)
You will just redefine terms to suit your gender fluid feelings. Look up word psycho while you are at it. Also your definition of "normal human being" is probably defined as "not republican". Left have been contorting language and meanings for their agenda. Someone with a different opinion is considered a Nazi according to your kind. Maybe you are the psychos?

thats a lot of words to basically admit that your party is full of degenerate puppets
Gold: 98,506.50
May 26 2023 11:07am
Quote (gnarjay @ May 26 2023 06:58pm)
thats a lot of words to basically admit that your party is full of degenerate puppets

:wacko:

Gold: 16,514.00
May 26 2023 03:27pm
orange man says desanctimonious is very bad!

Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
May 26 2023 07:49pm
Quote (Djunior @ May 26 2023 12:07pm)

:rofl:
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev15678Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll