d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Ele Druid Theory Crafting **help Me Please***
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 11,500.00
May 19 2023 07:57am
So. I have run FoH every season since Its buff and its amazing, but I would like a change of pace. I would like to make an Ele Druid that isnt a disappointment after running FoH for so long. So that leads me to the question:

In 2.7 what is stronger? Fire or wind?

Forever it was wind without question but after the last few changes, that is obviously not the case?? Both provide dual damage types but Fire immunes are everywhere and I would in theory like to run without infinit. Yes, Nado is a bitch unless you have enigma(but I Do).
Tell me your experiences, your preferences, why you dislike or theorize one is better or worse. Help me chooose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you.

Also to note. I only play HC therefore the Armor synergy really speaks to me.

This post was edited by DeathStrikeUSMC on May 19 2023 08:00am
Gold: 19,805.00
May 19 2023 08:25am
Tried the Druid for the first time this season to test how they play. I'm also not an expert on mechanics of d2, but just from personal experience.

Wind was solid and safer imo with cyclone armor, twister, and simpler playstyle. You could get away without using a physical sunder.
Fire is stronger in terms of dps. AoE spells that clear mobs more rapidly than nados could. The offset is that it requires "button mashing" most if not all fire skills have a cooldown. A Fire sunder is a must since that is your main source of damage.

Wind Druid - safer, Sunder is optional.
Fire Druid - Stonger, Sunder is a must.

- From some random pleb on console.
Gold: 11,500.00
May 19 2023 09:35am
- From some random pleb on console.[/QUOTE]
Thank you for the imput. Considering its HC im leaning towards windy. but imma level fire. so maybe it steals my heart and soul before i swap
Gold: 7,785.00
May 23 2023 10:50am
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll