d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > Coding Bootcamp
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6,204.01
May 23 2023 04:38pm
Quote (003 @ May 23 2023 05:00pm)
Just go on youtube and search 100devs bootcamp. Free and will teach you more to land a job

Do you have personal experience from this or know of people being successful from the videos?
Gold: 10.94
May 23 2023 06:48pm
Quote (Lafontained @ 23 May 2023 18:38)
Do you have personal experience from this or know of people being successful from the videos?

both, they have a discord with thouands of people that have graduated from previous bootcamps and im currently job searching/networking in the class right now
May 23 2023 10:53pm
Ty gl on your job search
Gold: 252,854.19
May 23 2023 11:23pm
if you take a bootcamp, all i can say is AVOID trilogy or 2u bootcamp. success rate for graduates were very low.
Gold: 1,794.69
May 24 2023 12:53pm
Quote (NCStyle @ May 23 2023 10:23pm)
if you take a bootcamp, all i can say is AVOID trilogy or 2u bootcamp. success rate for graduates were very low.

I must be an anomaly then. I did a trilogy/2U bootcamp and started right out of the gate with a $100k/yr job (+ 10% annual bonus, 401k match, etc) at a major media corporation. I leveraged that role and I'm now at a AAA gaming publisher making very good money and 100% WFH. A colleague of mine that started in the 2U cohort following mine is now at Netflix and making $450k/yr. He landed his first role 2/3 through his bootcamp @78k/yr and leveraged that into a role at Nike making over $100k/yr by the time his bootcamp had concluded. Both of us had zero industry experience prior to our respective cohorts.

In my experience, the more you put into it, the more you get out of it. You can't expect the bootcamp to work magic and give you a handout. You really need to absorb as much as you can in the bootcamp, learn the fundamentals that the bootcamp provides, NETWORK, build your personal 'brand' on LinkedIn, and get in touch with technical recruiters in your chosen field. They are going to be your lifeblood. Leveraging roles and relationships into opportunities is key - that is where I have had the most success and seen others have the most success. Be hungry, be motivated, and be tenacious.

Best of luck!!
May 24 2023 12:58pm
Quote (sk_ImMoRtaL @ May 24 2023 11:53am)
I must be an anomaly then. I did a trilogy/2U bootcamp and started right out of the gate with a $100k/yr job (+ 10% annual bonus, 401k match, etc) at a major media corporation. I leveraged that role and I'm now at a AAA gaming publisher making very good money and 100% WFH. A colleague of mine that started in the 2U cohort following mine is now at Netflix and making $450k/yr. He landed his first role 2/3 through his bootcamp @78k/yr and leveraged that into a role at Nike making over $100k/yr by the time his bootcamp had concluded. Both of us had zero industry experience prior to our respective cohorts.

In my experience, the more you put into it, the more you get out of it. You can't expect the bootcamp to work magic and give you a handout. You really need to absorb as much as you can in the bootcamp, learn the fundamentals that the bootcamp provides, NETWORK, build your personal 'brand' on LinkedIn, and get in touch with technical recruiters in your chosen field. They are going to be your lifeblood. Leveraging roles and relationships into opportunities is key - that is where I have had the most success and seen others have the most success. Be hungry, be motivated, and be tenacious.

Best of luck!!

you likely took the webdev one - can you specify the skills you acquired as well?

the newer ones like data analytics and fintech seem to be scraped up from bits and pieces of webdev. the instructor was sometimes giving wrong instruction during lecture which misled people to more questions due to incorrect instruction sometimes.

i have ten years in C#, engineering master degree, SQL and python so if you or your network have a spare opening please let me know
still currently employed but hungry for more
May 24 2023 01:09pm
Quote (NCStyle @ May 24 2023 11:58am)
you likely took the webdev one - can you specify the skills you acquired as well?

the newer ones like data analytics and fintech seem to be scraped up from bits and pieces of webdev. the instructor was sometimes giving wrong instruction during lecture which misled people to more questions due to incorrect instruction sometimes.

i have ten years in C#, engineering master degree, SQL and python so if you or your network have a spare opening please let me know
still currently employed but hungry for more

Ironically, my bootcamp was the Data Science & Visualization bootcamp, and I work in analytics. My cohort was under Trilogy, but I believe they merged with 2U 1-2 cohorts later. They started the fintech bootcamp about a year after my cohort concluded. This was about 3.5 years ago now. Makes me wonder if things have changed since then.

They did teach us javascript and d3.js, which I haven't used at all, but other than that, it consisted of Python (including Pandas, a ton of other libraries (web scraping, etc), ML with SciKit-Learn/PyTorch/TensorFlow, and Flask), SQL, MongoDB, Spark, Excel, and Tableau.

Shoot me a PM with your field and what you're looking for. I'll see if we or someone in my network have any good roles available.

May 24 2023 01:09pm
Quote (sk_ImMoRtaL @ May 24 2023 12:09pm)
Ironically, my bootcamp was the Data Science & Visualization bootcamp, and I work in analytics. My cohort was under Trilogy, but I believe they merged with 2U 1-2 cohorts later. They started the fintech bootcamp about a year after my cohort concluded. This was about 3.5 years ago now. Makes me wonder if things have changed since then.

They did teach us javascript and d3.js, which I haven't used at all, but other than that, it consisted of Python (including Pandas, a ton of other libraries (web scraping, etc), ML with SciKit-Learn/PyTorch/TensorFlow, and Flask), SQL, MongoDB, Spark, Excel, and Tableau.

Shoot me a PM with your field and what you're looking for. I'll see if we or someone in my network have any good roles available.

Wait are you Kate B? She's the only one I knew that ended up in Riot XD
May 24 2023 01:13pm
Quote (NCStyle @ May 24 2023 12:09pm)
Wait are you Kate B? She's the only one I knew that ended up in Riot XD

Nope. :D Not Kate and I don't work for Riot, although I did apply there once.
May 25 2023 05:16pm
I plan on using fullstack academy. Its a 12 week full-time course. If anyone has an info on the cohert I'd appreciate it.
Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll