d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > [minecraft] Intele-j Production Vs Artifacts .jar
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
May 3 2023 07:07am

So I grabbed a fabric mod Source off of Github , Installed Adoptium , Installed Intelli J.
Downloaded Gradle 7.3 and put onto my C: Directory & added my Environment ( so terminal fuctions when doing Gradle genSources ).
Opened Intelli J , clicked file clicked on settings , build,execution,deployment / build tools / Gradle selected Project SDK 17
Clicked project structure SDK 17 , lang 17.

Artifacts Create jar from modules.
Module tried selecting 1.17.1
Tried 1.17.1-Testmod
Tried 1 171 Testmod.main
tried 1 17 1 Testmod.test

Main Class: Box is empty, click the folder to choose, it gives a list of options ( Im not sure what to even click on ) most videos i've seen people click randomly then just backspace and type " Main "
not sure if im missing a dependency or if i set something up wrong? but the people in videos don't mention anything and thats how they be doing it, so anyways.

I click ok.
when I click Build Artifacts / build
It generates me an " Out " Folder
which contains Production and artifacts
The files that generate in the production folder, are the same exact files that are inside the Github mod.jar
How ever, then I would have to zip the files, then rename the zipped folder to Example mytestmod.jar ( Which works I guess ).
But the goal was to have Intelli-J package everything in a .jar , and well it packages everything + 100 other useless files.

Anyone have any idea why its packaging all these extra files? ha ha.
Im pretty new to this.
Gold: 5,064.33
May 4 2023 04:14am
can you link the github repo?
May 4 2023 07:38am
Quote (diobrando89 @ 4 May 2023 05:14)
can you link the github repo?

https://github.com/PaintNinja/Ninjas-Cash
Attempted the 1.7.1 Fabric

This post was edited by conetopia on May 4 2023 07:39am
May 4 2023 08:48am
I cloned the repo, let it download the packages, selected the jdk and after run gradle jar the jar is in build/libs

you don't need to have gradle as there is a wrapper for it
no idea what you need adoptium for

This post was edited by diobrando89 on May 4 2023 08:49am
May 4 2023 10:23am
Quote (diobrando89 @ 4 May 2023 09:48)
I cloned the repo, let it download the packages, selected the jdk and after run gradle jar the jar is in build/libs

you don't need to have gradle as there is a wrapper for it
no idea what you need adoptium for

To be honest I've been trying to host minecraft servers for 8+ years maybe more.
There is a Modpack "Age of Exile " thats 1.16.5 ( also has a resource ) , and Im trying to update it to 1.7.1 or newer, because then I can add more stuff to the server to control certain things to reduce lag, and automate maintenance.
So I been Fallowing this Course On Udemy.com , and adoptium is the program the course guy was using.

I'm not sure if Visual Studio Code would be better?
But yeah I was just trying something small, to build my skills ha ha.
May 4 2023 12:12pm
can't help you with the minecraft stuff as I never played it and I'm not familiar on how his mod system works

anyway if your goal is to obtain the packaged jar you can easily do it with intellij, community version should work just fine

just open the project folder after you clone it, then the indexing and packages download should start
select the jdk by going to File | Project Structure | Platform Settings | SDKs (docs: https://www.jetbrains.com/help/idea/sdk.html)
after the indexing and package downloading open up the gradle menu on the right side and run the jar task (docs: https://www.jetbrains.com/help/idea/work-with-gradle-tasks.html)
it will generate the build folder in the project root and there you will find the jar in the libs folder

May 4 2023 06:00pm
Quote (diobrando89 @ 4 May 2023 13:12)
can't help you with the minecraft stuff as I never played it and I'm not familiar on how his mod system works

anyway if your goal is to obtain the packaged jar you can easily do it with intellij, community version should work just fine

just open the project folder after you clone it, then the indexing and packages download should start
select the jdk by going to File | Project Structure | Platform Settings | SDKs (docs: https://www.jetbrains.com/help/idea/sdk.html)
after the indexing and package downloading open up the gradle menu on the right side and run the jar task (docs: https://www.jetbrains.com/help/idea/work-with-gradle-tasks.html)
it will generate the build folder in the project root and there you will find the jar in the libs folder

sweet I'll check it out, thanks !
Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll